Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

AYC pump replaced, now I hear a buzzing noise (HELP)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2011, 01:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AWC pump replaced, now I hear a buzzing noise (HELP)

Hello,
i hoped i wouldn't have to start a thread since my dealership has taken care of me on all my warranty issues, BUT, i just had the AWC pump replaced and now i hear a noise and the dealership is blaming my exhaust!

best way to describe it is a short and quick buzzing noise and it sounds like its under the car near the trunk. it's not very loud, i don't think a video would pick up the sound. it happens when i shift 1st to 2nd most of the time and some times 2nd to 3rd. and it's real quick, i thought it was loose panel but the mechanic said himself it was mechanical (the first time he heard it). it seems like weight has something to do with it, and the only reason i say that is because i seem to clutch differently with more or less weight.

it's hard to replicate but i've done it about 5 times for the dealership mechanic. first thing he said "thats mechanical". so they bled the system and i drove it home. next day it started making the noise again.

i've been back a few times driving the mechanic around, he said the sound came FROM THE FRONT, then he sat in the back and said it sounded like it came from the rear. i dont think this guy is hearing right. i had 2 people who knew nothing about cars sit in my car when the noise was happening (separate times), both pointed out the exact same location -> near the rear diff.

i gave my car to the dealership this morning so they'd have it all day, i jsut got off the phone and they couldn't make the noise so nothign was done. now they're blaming everything but the AWC pump replacement. i told them, "look, you replaced ayc pump, now it makes this noise it has NEVER made before, AND it's coming from the area near the pump"

they said i have 60k and 5 year warranty so if somethingt happens i should be covered, but still, this is BS. What do you guys think? thanks.

Last edited by John83; Jul 28, 2011 at 03:03 PM.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 02:21 PM
Evolving Member

Does the noise sound like this:

http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...t=IMG_0634.mp4

If that's the case, you may want to refer to the thread found at:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ise-w-vid.html

either way, good luck with your issue....
Old Jul 28, 2011, 02:51 PM
Evolving Member

oops, btw, its awc pump. i always make that mistake.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 02:54 PM
Evolving Member

no it doesn't make that noise. sorry i wrote that in a hurry before i left work.

it happens when i shift 1st to 2nd most of the time and some times 2nd to 3rd. and it's real quick, i thought it was loose panel but the mechanic said himself it was mechanical (the first time he heard it). it seems like weight has something to do with it, and the only reason i say that is because i seem to engage the clutch differently with more or less weight.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 03:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wonder what it could be? Hopefully you get it figured out soon!