Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

C6 Corvette to Evo X?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2011, 08:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C6 Corvette to Evo X?

A few years back i had a 04 evo 8 in my signature. I sold that and was bombing around in a civic Si. Just this summer i purchased a 2005 Corvette 6 speed with the Z51 package. I like the car but just worry about all of the electronics holding up over time. The "corvette tax" also sucks on all of the parts. I also need to buy a winter car and hate the fact i'm going to be driving a beater for half the year, lol.

The question of the day is how much is it going to suck going from a 400 hp rwd sports car to an evo X? Can you make 300-320 to the tire with an exhaust and tune?

Last edited by sslevo; Aug 3, 2011 at 08:47 PM.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 08:48 PM

I'd keep the vette and just suck up the winter car driving. To each is own, though.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 08:55 PM
Evolving Member

I make 305whp on a heartbreaker Mustang Dyno, and it translates to about 340whp on a Dynojet. I have no issue beating most LS2 Vettes on the drag track and other unmentionable areas, maybe they will have more top end, but generally not in the 1/4 mile

Last edited by HAHAV8; May 31, 2013 at 07:40 AM.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 08:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bro... I don't have an Evo X but going from a 400 RWHP warm/dry weather jump off to an AWD whatever weather monsta seem's like a no brainer to me (my .02c). Now I can't vouch for what I don't actually own but from what I have seen from other X's owners I run with... exhaust and a good tune will definately get you over 300-320 at the wheels.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 09:06 PM

Just my 2 cents here, Evo 10 all the way. It has a pretty big trunk, 4 doors, and 5 seats. I love corvettes and would love to have one in my driveway, but you just gotta love having 4 doors lol. I know it comes in handy for me all the time.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 09:14 PM
Evolved Member

I am part of the growing club who has seen the light. The Evo is hands down the best performance bargain out there. I too have had a Civic Si, built at that. However, you pour tons of money into it for not much gain relative to what you can do with an Evo.

The Corvette is a great car. I have had two back in the day-'67 427 roadster and '69 427 roadster. The new ones are very civil and perform well. With that said, the Evo is the best all around performance car that I can think of that is stellar in 4 seasons. And remember that the resale on these cars is unbelievable. No other car in the price range comes close.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 09:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by HAHAV8
I make 305whp on a heartbreaker Mustang Dyno, and it translates to about 340whp on a Dynojet. I have no issue beating most LS2 Vettes on the drag track and other unmentionable areas, maybe they will have more top end, but generally not in the 1/4 mile distance. I go high 7s in the 1/8th, and have no doubt I would do low 12. Of course with mods a C6 can be a very fast car, but so can an Evo. All you'd need is a tune really, and you'll be able to be quicker, and just as fast as stockish LS2s.

My dad had a C6 Z06, I've driven all the recent Vettes, and can say my car with the mods in my sig handles better, is easier to push, and much more forgiven than a C6. You will not regret the switch, You'll probably be happier if anything. Plus the regular Vette in my opinion is kinda boring, and they don't look like anything special, I think the Z06 looks mean as hell though.

Oh and plus an AWD car like this is absolutely insane in the snow.
Damn you, i was hoping for people to call me an idiot for considering. You have just the kind of feedback i was looking for. Might have to see if i can find one to drive in the next few weeks...
Old Aug 3, 2011, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by sslevo
Damn you, i was hoping for people to call me an idiot for considering. You have just the kind of feedback i was looking for. Might have to see if i can find one to drive in the next few weeks...
Definitley go out and drive it first. But I'm pretty confident once you drive it, you'll buy it lol. So test drive one in a color you like. Grab a model with the navigation package too. the bare bones radio is kinda ugly imo. Let us know how it goes!
Old Aug 3, 2011, 09:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SamsonEvoX
I am part of the growing club who has seen the light. The Evo is hands down the best performance bargain out there. I too have had a Civic Si, built at that. However, you pour tons of money into it for not much gain relative to what you can do with an Evo.

The Corvette is a great car. I have had two back in the day-'67 427 roadster and '69 427 roadster. The new ones are very civil and perform well. With that said, the Evo is the best all around performance car that I can think of that is stellar in 4 seasons. And remember that the resale on these cars is unbelievable. No other car in the price range comes close.
I've already had an evo so i know how great they are, i'm just worried i'll be disappointed with the loss of power. From what i've seen they are a few bolt ons from keeping up to my vette. And being in Minnesota E85 is everywhere!

Another issue i had with my VIII is the lack or cruise and crazy rough ride. My wife would hardly ride in it, it made her sick. Also issues i think they fixed with the X. My wife is going to kill me for wanting a different car after 3 months, LOL
Old Aug 3, 2011, 09:25 PM
Evolving Member

Haha, sorry man! I'm just giving my feedback. I'm sure you will miss the V8 and Rwd at times, but in all honesty I do like the Evo X alot, I'm sure you will too!
Old Aug 3, 2011, 11:13 PM
Evolved Member

Well you are on an Evo forum so keep that in mind. I'm sure posting the same questions on the Vette forum will give you a completely different set of answers.

Between driving a Corvette in good weather and having a beater in bad weather, I'd rather just have the Evo and have fun 365 days a year rain or shine. But that's just me.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 11:17 PM

Really it's up to you. Having a car that can lay the smack down on most cars on the road and having 4doors, good wet weather handling, and a big trunk is a win in my book!
Old Aug 4, 2011, 07:36 AM
RiG
Evolving Member

I have both a RWD V8 car (GTO) and my Evo X. The Evo X tax is higher than the other Evos from what I can gather. Parts for the Evo are not really cheap. The trunk on your vette is probably bigger than an Evo X, I think the trunk on the Evo is pretty pathetic. The vette probably gets about the same MPG if not better on the highway, my GTO is rated at 26 mpg highway, I have seen that on more than one occasion. My Evo is my daily driver, the GTO a weekend car. The Evo does handle better. Just a couple quick observations from me. If you can swing it, keep the vette and get an Evo for a DD.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 07:56 AM

I've got both a C6 Z06 and a C5 Z06. Unless you can find a clean EVO 8 RS, I'd keep the vette.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 08:29 AM
Evolved Member

I've already had an evo so i know how great they are, i'm just worried i'll be disappointed with the loss of power. From what i've seen they are a few bolt ons from keeping up to my vette. And being in Minnesota E85 is everywhere!

Another issue i had with my VIII is the lack or cruise and crazy rough ride. My wife would hardly ride in it, it made her sick. Also issues i think they fixed with the X. My wife is going to kill me for wanting a different car after 3 months, LOL
Yeah, there is quite a difference between an Evo XIII/IX and an Evo X. I have a 2011 Evo X and it rides very nicely and the amenities are nice such as cruise control, Bluetooth etc. It is a very civilized car. Doesn't take much to make good hp. And, you are right, E85 is everywhere in Minnesota. My Si is tuned on it.

Quick Reply: C6 Corvette to Evo X?