Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Rofl at stealership!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2011, 06:26 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got my 2011 GSR + aluminum shifter for 1400$ off list (about invoice) + $22,700 for my 2010 RX8 sport with 2,000 miles on it (I only paid 21,750 for it new, after rebates and negotiations, haha!) and I got 36 mos 0%!
I feel like i got a heckuva deal, and so far the EVO smokes the RX8 in every conceivable way...MPG, Quicker, Room inside, AWD, TORQUE, although I admit the Rx had a nicer interior. The Rx8 was making funny sounds in the brakes and front end + I got tired of being left in the dust by: WRXs, EVO's, 350z's and anything with any amount of torque....
Old Sep 2, 2011, 06:51 AM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I've been in banking my entire adult life. Here is the best advice I've seen posted....

Originally Posted by nemsin
Next time, get your financing in order from your own bank or credit union then go shopping.
Caulk it up to a learning experience. Consumers that have their finances in order prior to heading to a dealership have less headaches and get better deals. When you do it this way you are a "cash buyer" to the car dealer and have more negotiating power.

As stated already, dealers are guessing that you'll be approved based on your application profile, credit and experience of their finance manager when you let them handle the financing.

It sucks but this is called "SPOTTING" and happens every single day across the country. It is a sales strategy to take you off the market quickly.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by mchristian
Caulk it up to a learning experience.
This hits the head right on the nail. The problem with kids these days is that they use caulk, instead of chalk, at least when it comes to learning. They either think that caulk will help it stick better and/or fill in the gaps, or they simply have no idea what chalk is, being raised on whiteboards and power-point slides.

Just yanking your chain. You and Rob have made the best points.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 10:00 AM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Lmao! Post it up to your blog or FB page as learning experience.

Last edited by mchristian; Sep 2, 2011 at 10:06 AM.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 10:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Iowa999
This hits the head right on the nail. The problem with kids these days is that they use caulk, instead of chalk, at least when it comes to learning. They either think that caulk will help it stick better and/or fill in the gaps, or they simply have no idea what chalk is, being raised on whiteboards and power-point slides.

Just yanking your chain. You and Rob have made the best points.
I enjoyed making shadow puppets with tranparency projectors in grade school