Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

blown oil filters

Old Aug 18, 2015, 09:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts
well, you were right about 5 years down the road this thread helping someone...my buddy just had a full long block sent from boost therapy with the works...this engine is built just like the record breaking engine they built...well, right after the 20 min break in changed the oil and the filter was crap...it looked lip the top was turned inside out...the baffle inside is loose...i can move it around with my finger...the filter seemed to be somewhat loose...yes i tightened the filter pretty good...this is not my first rodeo trust me...so we thought eh, maybe a defective filter...changed the oil, filter, turned it on...couple minutes later oil starts seeping out and we shut it off...look at the oil filter and see oil coming out of it...take it off...same **** happened...these are all mitsu filters...sarched online and found this thread...my buddy is calling them tomorrow...see what they say...damn...hope all goes well...
Old Aug 18, 2015, 10:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good luck I hope you get the issues sorted and get the car running great.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts
thx man...this friend of lines has been through a lot with this car...want him to get this sorted out...car is an mr with 12k miles on it...it's been sitting for almost 2 years...incredible...still has new car smell...
Old Sep 25, 2018, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by gsrdc2
anybody have any clue what could be happening? this is a buschur built and sleeved block with there head and gsc s2. have hks reloaded intake, synapse bov, forge actuator, ams front mount, hks hard pipe kit, megan o2, perrin dp, hks high power exhaust, exedy twin hd. the problem is it will start and run fine but on 2 wix filters blew out the seal and lost the oil. put on a moble 1 filter and this 1 blew the casing apart. someone thought it was excessive crank case pressure but everything i've seen about that people are blowing out their dipsticks and i am not? only found 1 post about a faulty filter from the dealer. please help... for the life of me i cant figure this out any help would be greatly appreciated
i am having the same problem
Old Sep 25, 2018, 09:18 AM

does that mean i have to get a new oil pump