Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

2012 Evo X switching back to conventional oil-not true!

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2012, 03:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by msb175
OP - have you taken your car back to the dealer with the owners manual to show them that statement? I'd like to see/hear what they say.
yeah next time i go in i will show them that.... sadly i am always on long business business trips i'll might only put 2500 miles this whole year
Old May 7, 2012, 03:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SpardaVR4
I don't understand why you would even want to put in conventional oil in the X.

You just spent 30K+ on a car to have potential problems down the road even though everyone here told you to stick with synthetic.
like i stated earlier I want to use full syth ...Its not that I WANT to put conventional, its the dealer actually doesnt have a clue what the hell they are talking about. (even though they are super nice and takes care of me) the dealer keep stating 2012 is switching to conventional! and therefore they would only Honor my free oil change with conventional. I dont want to argue and make a big scene because they are super nice but What am i suppose to do ? just throw away a free oil change because its not full synthetic? I mind as well just use the free oil change and just get it changed out within 2500 miles and go full syth forever after.
Old May 7, 2012, 04:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would rather tell that I would pay for the synthetic than to save $30 on a conventional oil change and protect my car from having future problems.

$30 or $$$$$$ more down the road is the point everyone here was telling you.

But in the end it's your car and not mine. I would NEVER put conventional oil in my car, not even if they paid me what it costs to get an oil change.
Old May 7, 2012, 04:23 PM
Evolving Member

I would rather tell that I would pay for the synthetic than to save $30 on a conventional oil change and protect my car from having future problems.

$30 or $$$$$$ more down the road is the point everyone here was telling you.

But in the end it's your car and not mine. I would NEVER put conventional oil in my car, not even if they paid me what it costs to get an oil change.
The post is regarding whether or not mitsu switched to conventional oil. you can give your opinion on what oil to use but thats not what this thread is about. I agree with using full syth on any cars but thats not what this thread is about.

anyway its a ticket for a free oil change ... u cant "PAY more" to get full syth. its more like 100 dollars at the dealership for full synth.

I got 2 friends ( 1 Guy leasing , 1 guy owning) they just get the conventional oil change at the dealership lol now thats interesting

oh and stop saying using conventional will have future car problems, do u actually have proof that using conventional oil and getting oil changed every 3000miles will lead to engine damage? because my own experience shows that as long as u get proper oil change done its fine!

Also I dont think the dealer would be putting conventional in if its really that bad (dont get me wrong, full syth is awesome)... if conventional is really that bad than the US market wouldnt still have a big market for them... FYI the rest of the world still have very large population running on conventional.... I work in venezuela my family owns 3 cars ... with 270,000KM on the odo and the other one with 260,000km and 190,000km .. the chofer all they use is conventional in Venezuela they dont have import full syth. None of the car has a engine issue because i have been driving these cars from day 1 to 10 years after ... I am just amazed how well the cars are built 2 Fords explorer and 1 Chevy pickup.

-only timing chain on both ford explorer has been replaced (which they had to take a motor apart for the old ford explorer, mechanic said the cylinders and everything looks good)
-Fuel injectors were cleaned.

In taiwan my dad's friend was a motor oil salesman who got laid off, He then went on to create his own conventional oil brand and now he is making a killing the market is still big for conventional

Last edited by denlin68; May 7, 2012 at 04:33 PM. Reason: I corrected the actual milage on the 3 cars i mentioned
Old May 7, 2012, 06:36 PM
Evolving Member

I'm not one to argue, but there is a huge difference between the Ford's you are seeing in Venezuela and a turbo car like the Evolution. (I am Venezuelan). I don't have much knowledge on the subject, but it someone like Robevo RS is saying it could cause problems, I would listen to him.

I pay $50 for full synthetic, for having really nice service people at your dealership, they sure are ripping you off.
Old May 7, 2012, 06:49 PM
Evolving Member

i would not put that oil if they void my warranty completely
Old May 8, 2012, 12:37 AM

This thread is great. Might as well run 89 while you are at it.

Last edited by jackburton; May 8, 2012 at 12:55 AM.
Old May 8, 2012, 06:03 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jackburton
I'd take it a step further and use leaded fuel like they are using in Venezuela still since their cars are comparable to an Evolution and they run forever...
Old May 8, 2012, 09:25 AM
Evolving Member

HAHA...love it.
Old May 8, 2012, 04:10 PM

got my oil changed on the new 2011 I bought last weekend. I asked the service guy about it and he was surprised I'd heard about it. Said I should keep using full synth and that's what they'd use. paperwork says full synth as well.
Old May 8, 2012, 09:13 PM

Idiots... Synthetic all the way after first change. Don't screw your car up over some retard that works at a dealership who doesn't really know mechanics.
Old May 9, 2012, 06:09 PM
Evolving Member

I'm not one to argue, but there is a huge difference between the Ford's you are seeing in Venezuela and a turbo car like the Evolution. (I am Venezuelan). I don't have much knowledge on the subject, but it someone like Robevo RS is saying it could cause problems, I would listen to him.

I pay $50 for full synthetic, for having really nice service people at your dealership, they sure are ripping you off.
You dont even know your own country is using oct unleaded 95 ? and half the cars in this country are over 30 years old and they use them as taxis ..... which shows these cars are still going strong... (these cars are all unwanted junk cars from USA but here in venezuela they are still operating)

by the way the fords and chevy i got are imported from US becasue this country dont produce anything but oil
Old May 10, 2012, 07:54 AM
Evolving Member

Screw them! Most Mitsu dealers know nothing about our Xs. But they know how to get $$$ out of our pockets well for sure =(
Old May 11, 2012, 05:53 AM
Evolving Member

lmao. Don't forget the Nanking tires.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 08:57 AM

Guys this is true, I looked at a 2012 Evo and the Mobil 1 sticker by the dip stick isnt there anymore..
http://images.autotrader.com/scaler/..._A.562x421.jpg

Quick Reply: 2012 Evo X switching back to conventional oil-not true!