Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

"I can buy a nice car with leather seats for that price...I don't get it!"

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2012, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Cat
This.

And I "get" designer clothing and jewelry, though. There *IS* a quality difference between a "real" Coach bag and a cheap Asian knockoff.
Well I do believe in brand name's and a higher level of quality in some things. When we were shopping for our home surround sound system I knew I would only buy a Bose unit. I also have an expensive addiction to Jordan shoes. I would never buy a knock off pair of Jordans. But the Jordans (the ones I buy) are not thousands of dollars. They are a few hundred.

And I would buy my wife a bag here and there if it was $100-$200 dollars. But there would be no way I would spend thousands of dollars for a purse. That is crazy. And luckily I married someone who also thinks that is crazy. She would rather spend the thousands on something else.

I just don't get designer pricing when it comes to purses, shirts, jeans, etc. If I ever won the lotto you would see me driving around a Lambo or Ferrari. And then I will get out of that car wearing a pair of jeans from Burlington Coat Factory and a white T from Walmart.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 01:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evos are nice but for the price and the crappy warranty service given something bad happens i been reading, this is exactly why i didn't buy a MR the other day.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 01:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jmiller22
Evos are nice but for the price and the crappy warranty service given something bad happens i been reading, this is exactly why i didn't buy a MR the other day.
I did have horrible service initially with Mitsubishi, but I have since found another dealer who is leaps and bounds above the others. You will however also find this with MANY other automotive manafacturers. It is not limited to one company.

If crappy warranties or "the price of an evo" outweighs the fact that it is literally unbeatable at it's price point, then you're missing the whole point for buying an evo in the first place.

Sure I could have had leather seats, auto dimming mirrors, bigger cup holder, a BETTER warranty...but then I wouldn't have had the chance to show those who do own those types of cars that I can literally rip their little machines apart once the twists and turns begin. And that, for me, is what makes owning and driving an Evo so passionate.

Not everyone gets it, but those that do get it understand wholeheartedly what an engineering marvel the Evo truly is. I guess that is why it was voted as one of the top ten cars worth holding onto.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/ten-new-...ding-onto.html

Last edited by Mikey6273; Jul 12, 2012 at 01:58 PM.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

I agree with Mikey above. A dealership change makes all the difference. Some people can drive the same distance in another direction to go to a different one, sometimes you're lucky if there's one with bad service anywhere near you. But I still agree. The Evo for the price point and performance is a super-car in sheep's clothing.

Also, I wear Lucky Jeans, because they're freakin' comfortable. But I would happily give up my $100 jeans and go back to $30 Anchor Blues if they were still in business. My wife uses Coach purses. it's her thing, like the Evo is mine, but I can't argue the quality of her Coach purse holds up much better to her abuse than any of the other non-name brand ones ever did. But we both work IT jobs, and choose to spend our money like that.

I like my leather heated seats in my Evo too ^__^
Old Jul 12, 2012, 02:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My gf wanted a couch purse that was normally like 300 but it was on sale for 150. Only thing was, it was at a mall about 400km away. I tried to battle with her with the arguement that the purse costs $150. The gas to get there and home is $120 plus $30 for lunch...in the end she spent $300 but she was happy she got her purse for $150 We went to the mall in our city a few days later...hey what do you know, the same purse for $300....