Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Hail damage

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2012, 07:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Indeed they did. Problem was they took on more work than they could handle. They told me they normaly take in a max of 20 cars. They took on 40. Not sure why I had to suffer for it and not sure why they admintted they took in more cars than normal. They just admitted their f#ckup. And of course after something like this there's always something on the car that just aint right. I know I will be getting rid of the car soon.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 03:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its not over yet. Its real close though. Picked up my car Friday even though we found some minor issues. I couldnt take it anymore, I needed my evo fix and I had a set of brand new Rota Grids sitting in my living room just mocking me. Gonna take her back some time this week to correct minor ripples close to the roof rails on the drivers side. I pretty sure this is from the 2nd hail storm. There are some weird blemishes/blushing in the clear coat on the hood and roof and a pretty deep scratch in the tint on the back window. Other than that, I couldnt be happier with the roof (just noticed crooked antenna, thats NOT going to work for me) and trunk. The hood is sh!tty. Several manufacturing defects like dimples. Seibon and Showstoppers have not even bothered to return my phone calls or emails. Oh well, it is what it is. Kind of expect it from carbon fiber/fiberglass parts.Speaking of fiber glass, the roof reeks of fiberglass resin in the cabin lol, something I didnt anticipate but makes sense. The roof and trunk did not have much of an effect at all on the stereo acoustics although you can really see the deck lid vibrate with the bass. No additional road noise from the roof, may even be a lil quieter. Loving the wheels too. Its been a major pain in the *** but I definitely feel like we came out ahead. Gotta hurry up do some performance mods now though! All show and no go. Here are a few pics
http://s1167.photobucket.com/albums/...20the%20Storm/