Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

widening of stock leather seat...?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2012, 07:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Wait a minute here....

I know these cars are built for tiny chinamen, but are you really saying 34-36 is considered big? This is coming from someone who is 6'1", 160, 32 waist. I think I think I'm way too skinny, but based on what you're saying I'm close to chubby.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 08:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
At the risk of ruining this thread, please note two things:

First, that most - if not all - of the posts were written by males.

Second, that males - unlike females - do not store fat in their thighs (until they have reached an advanced level of obesity).

Therefore, whether the people posting in this thread find the seats in an Evo X uncomfortable has little or nothing to do with whether they are fat.

Now feel free to go back to what you were saying.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Iowa999
At the risk of ruining this thread, please note two things:

First, that most - if not all - of the posts were written by males.

Second, that males - unlike females - do not store fat in their thighs (until they have reached an advanced level of obesity).

Therefore, whether the people posting in this thread find the seats in an Evo X uncomfortable has little or nothing to do with whether they are fat.

Now feel free to go back to what you were saying.
I'm 6'2" 295lbs.... Meh, like I said, the more seat time I put into the seats the more comfy they have become. So that's my advice, I'm sticking to it.

I will say that in the Evo I need to actually sit properly to be comfortable, so the ghetto-lean had to go. I sit the seat up-right, and the seat is closer to the steering wheel than I sit in most cars so my legs have just a little bend at the knee when I press the clutch/gas down all the way.

Compared to how passengers sit, my seat looks a little staunch, but it did help on the comfort a lot. So if you're a wee-sized ladyboy, try not leaning so much, might help a lot, because it forces your legs farther back in the seat and keep your knees together and straight.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by TheBlade
I'm 6'2" 295lbs.... Meh, like I said, the more seat time I put into the seats the more comfy they have become. So that's my advice, I'm sticking to it.
Forgive me, but the above is a tad ambiguous. Are you sticking to your advice or to the seat? If it's 100 in Iowa, it must be awful in Arizona.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Iowa999
Forgive me, but the above is a tad ambiguous. Are you sticking to your advice or to the seat? If it's 100 in Iowa, it must be awful in Arizona.
The temperature, yeah Phoenix feels like the devil's a$$crack. I live by making the distance between airconditioned environments as quick as possible. I park my car in underground parking during the day. I'll vouch the AC in the Evo is pretty fantastic, sometimes it feels a little too cold.

No, seriously though. My proportioning is solid, and most people don't realize I'm even close to the weight I am, because of my height, but the first week owning the X the seats were annoying, and now 15k miles later it's much better.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 01:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
How much mileage is on the seats? They should wear down and contour to your body, I have about 56k on my driver seat and it is a lot softer than my passenger seat. You would also take it to an upholstery shop and they could probably replace the material...
Old Jul 6, 2012, 03:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Kendogg
Ladyboys

They will widen a little as you break them in
The seats or the Ladyboys?
HE HEH HEH

sorry continue on
Old Jul 6, 2012, 04:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TheBlade
The temperature, yeah Phoenix feels like the devil's a$$crack. I live by making the distance between airconditioned environments as quick as possible. I park my car in underground parking during the day. I'll vouch the AC in the Evo is pretty fantastic, sometimes it feels a little too cold.
I know a bit off topic but is this true? My AC in mine sucks. Its cold but not real cold. I don't know if I should have it checked out or if its just really hot here in San Antonio. Does anyone know what temp it should be putting out the vents?

Originally Posted by jeffo24
The seats or the Ladyboys?
HE HEH HEH
sorry continue on
No. I found it funny how MattACK called the people telling him to loose weight (very helpful response by the way)

"I guess all you boys are built like a Thai 12 year old ladyboy."

The seats are not funny. I don't like them. But others do. Its just opinions
Old Jul 6, 2012, 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

The X seats were designed for small asians I thought that was common knowledge jk. Seriously though, I am 6'3 and about 300 and I have trouble fitting in the X, to the point where it is down right uncomfortable. These things were not made for big guys like me.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 06:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mshilto89
The X seats were designed for small asians I thought that was common knowledge jk. Seriously though, I am 6'3 and about 300 and I have trouble fitting in the X, to the point where it is down right uncomfortable. These things were not made for big guys like me.
Waits for the wonderful helpful comments of telling you to loose weight....
Old Jul 7, 2012, 02:24 AM
Evolving Member

I'm 6'1" and 180lbs so I'm pretty thin. 32-34 waist.

All that is irrelevant though, as the seat is hitting the OP's (and many others) legs near the knee.

It's I guess how you rest your feet/legs. I tend to not have them perfectly straight like I'm in a coffin, but rather more like I'm riding a horse.

Because I'm a normally proportioned 6'+ guy, the steering wheel does not come close enough to my chest (no telescoping WTF Mitsu?!), so I have to scoot the seat closer than normal so my arms aren't overextended, making my legs split to either side, thus hitting the end of the seat's side bolsters.

I think a possible solution to this ergonomics issue in general is to get a 2" steering wheel extension/spacer (which still hasn't been manufactured en masse, just 1 offs here and there)

But yeah, the seat end's bolstering is a little too agressive even with all that said.

Also, shoes like Vans/All-Stars with nearly no sole thickness on the heel will help you sit closer to the wheel and not cram your feet into the pedals I just bought a pair of puma driving shoes. We'll se ehow they work.

Last edited by digitalskillz; Jul 7, 2012 at 02:26 AM.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 08:48 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am also 34-36 and fit with room to spare. I am also only around 5'9" so not sure if that makes a difference or not. You may want to change your seating position. Love these seats!
Old Jul 7, 2012, 09:09 AM
Evolved Member

Wait, are your seats the Alcantra or the full leather? I experienced this problem with the Alcantra because the stitching around that area literally feels like needles poking in! My Cloth seats now feel so comfy and the full leather version felt like sitting on a cloud. It's only those lame Alcantra!
Old Jul 7, 2012, 09:14 AM

Just get new seat??? Easy fix if u ask me
Old Jul 7, 2012, 09:20 AM
Evolved Member

no airbag in new seat and have to do resistor fix for light. but t.e.t.o

Quick Reply: widening of stock leather seat...?