Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Thinking of sell the EVO

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2013, 02:15 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the input guys it's still under negotiations about the car. As far as Korea I'm hoping it will be like the last time I was there empty threats and every thing a ok. We will see how it turns out. What ever I get it has to be awd or rr no fr for me ever agen and my family car nothing but awd all day.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by Leezon
P.S Don't get an RX7 unless you are a mechanic... those rotary engines take a lot of maintenance once modded. I always wanted one but you will need a full engine rebuild every 20-30k. I'd go for the R33 GTR
True and not true. I've been a rotary guy for 18+ years. Yes, you will save lots of
money if you can do the work yourself. If you do a cheap rebuild like most people
do. Yeah don't expect it to last past 30k. Though if you do it right I've seen them
last over 200k. But yes, I do my own work, just like I will on the Evo. Also I'd
like to add in those 18+ years I've never blown a rotary engine. Like the Evo,
It's all about the tune.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 08:52 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SaulHudson
Those cars are horribly overpriced, and they aren't even in Korea.
I highly doubt these are even legal in Korea, you are going to have so much hassle.

Furthermore, do you seriously want to spend 20K on 2 mid 90s cars that you will own for 2 yrs?
There are a lot of driving restrictions with SOFA status anyways.

Last time I was there we had a SFC that went to Japan and got a skyline GTST then shipped it to Korea no problem.
I won't be buying it over there to get these cars in America you have to have it shipped to a agent in Canada then after the reg and paper work are done fly up get the car and drive it over then reregister it in your state.

All pretty easy and cheap.

Some one said that price listed was too much for the car.
These cars never came to USA so the only way to get them is import this company got the car in Japan for around $8000 USD then paid $1200 USD to ship it plus fee's / paper work to pass Canada import/safty laws.

So $13000 USD is not that bad if you really think of it.
Too have a rare EVO and a GTR sitting out side your house is worth the price also
Old Apr 5, 2013, 10:36 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by hackerrei
Last time I was there we had a SFC that went to Japan and got a skyline GTST then shipped it to Korea no problem.
I won't be buying it over there to get these cars in America you have to have it shipped to a agent in Canada then after the reg and paper work are done fly up get the car and drive it over then reregister it in your state.

All pretty easy and cheap.

Some one said that price listed was too much for the car.
These cars never came to USA so the only way to get them is import this company got the car in Japan for around $8000 USD then paid $1200 USD to ship it plus fee's / paper work to pass Canada import/safty laws.

So $13000 USD is not that bad if you really think of it.
Too have a rare EVO and a GTR sitting out side your house is worth the price also

You are highly uneducated in this topic if you think it's that simple to park your car in your driveway. If its as easy as you say why doesn't half of America have one.

I was the one who said the prices were way to high, because they are. The yen rate right now is really good, evo IV is not worth more than 4500 in Japan. If you want to pay some company 3k profit, have at it, and keep being stubborn until you realize.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 01:30 PM
STy

Originally Posted by Cbus
True and not true. I've been a rotary guy for 18+ years. Yes, you will save lots of
money if you can do the work yourself. If you do a cheap rebuild like most people
do. Yeah don't expect it to last past 30k. Though if you do it right I've seen them
last over 200k. But yes, I do my own work, just like I will on the Evo. Also I'd
like to add in those 18+ years I've never blown a rotary engine. Like the Evo,
It's all about the tune.
Finally! Someone who actually knows about Rotary's and how reliable they can be.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 01:40 PM
Evolving Member

I say R33 for sure. Although I'm biased..I've been drooling over Skylines since I was a kid.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 02:45 PM

yeah man that payment is way to high sell it ASAP
Old Apr 8, 2013, 06:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You are highly uneducated in this topic if you think it's that simple to park your car in your driveway. If its as easy as you say why doesn't half of America have one.

I was the one who said the prices were way to high, because they are. The yen rate right now is really good, evo IV is not worth more than 4500 in Japan. If you want to pay some company 3k profit, have at it, and keep being stubborn until you realize.

Agreed! Its not as simple as it may sound, there is a lot more involved rather than 1, 2, 3. And trust me, if this is approached at the wrong angle without the right certification and inspections they will come repo the car and you will be out $$$$.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 07:17 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah I have been talking with the company and the GTR's won't work here unless they were one of the rex modded one's.
So I am looking a the EVO, RX7, and 2 door WRX STI.
I need 2 cars so the EVO is a for sure but the other 2 it's hard to decide.
I love the RX7 I used to have a RX8 and I know they are a lot of work but when they work they are a dream. Our keeping with the AWD I like the 2 door STI it's lite and classic. I was able to drive a 2 door impres RS and that thing would slide around corners great for a AWD.
Last thought 2 EVO's between the model range of 4-7.
What do you guy's think? I am pretty sure that these cars will import easy I know for sure the RX7 and the STI will since it was produced in the US also.

Then comes the trouble of selling the car do you guy's think I could sell my 2011 GSR with 16000 miles for $30,000.00 because that what I owe. I have seen a lot of people selling there's with more miles for $32,000.00?
Attached Thumbnails Thinking of sell the EVO-d1.jpg   Thinking of sell the EVO-sb114630-1.jpg   Thinking of sell the EVO-img_1961.jpg  
Old Apr 8, 2013, 07:24 AM
Evolving Member

I understand what your saying the thing is I don't know the paper work or the whole system when doing this that is why I am using a agency.
They have the broker there I tell them what car I want style miles and price range.
He buy's it and handles all the shipping and customs paper work then when it get's to CAN the agency get's the EPA certificates and the DOT done.
So for a little extra I don't have to deal with all that hastle.
Plus being in the military I can't take off that much to go to CAN to do all those things just makes since to pay a little more to not have the headaches.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 11:47 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by hackerrei
I understand what your saying the thing is I don't know the paper work or the whole system when doing this that is why I am using a agency.
They have the broker there I tell them what car I want style miles and price range.
He buy's it and handles all the shipping and customs paper work then when it get's to CAN the agency get's the EPA certificates and the DOT done.
So for a little extra I don't have to deal with all that hastle.
Plus being in the military I can't take off that much to go to CAN to do all those things just makes since to pay a little more to not have the headaches.
I am not speaking of the all inclusive cost, which will be outrageus and way more than you expected, but nonetheless, I am speaking of the base price of the car. Its very high. These cars sell for much less there is no reason to pay a hiked price for no reason when you will be shelling out thouands to get this car into Canada.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 01:20 PM

Whatever lighting those pics were taken in makes the paint almost look matte. Given the choice, the RX7 would be my pick. You've had a taste of AWD with the Evo, why not try RWD?
Old Apr 8, 2013, 02:03 PM

I use to own a right hand gen 3 mr-2 with bolt on. They go for fairly cheap in Japan and you can make some decent power out of them. There unlike anything you ever drive rwd and mid engine is alot of fun.

Last edited by doom26464; Apr 8, 2013 at 02:07 PM.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 07:35 AM
Evolving Member

I am not speaking of the all inclusive cost, which will be outrageus and way more than you expected, but nonetheless, I am speaking of the base price of the car. Its very high. These cars sell for much less there is no reason to pay a hiked price for no reason when you will be shelling out thouands to get this car into Canada.

O ok well the prices listed are for the cars already in Canada. That is the final price after auction, shipping, customes, and inspection.

All 3 cars price around $7000 to $9000USD thats after every thing listed above.
So pretty much if you minus $1300 shipped and what ever the customes/inspection fee's then the agent fee's they get the cars for around $2000-$4000 USD at auction.
I don't think thats that much for a rare like these. I know with a EVO 7 in really good condition I could sell it here for $15000 easy because it's so rare here and it's a really sought after model because it's a champion rally car model.

It just makes me so mad that the US has it out for the GTR why can't we be like New Zealand where any thing can be registered and is legal to drive.