Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

evo x or 2015 sti

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2015, 02:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Spoonie
Since Mitsubishi has given up on the EVO I would go with the STI. Its going to be harder and harder to find folks who will be willing to work on the EVO. If you plan on keeping the vehicle past warranty? stay away from the EVO IMO.

Only way I'd keep an EVO past warranty is if I was a mechanic, or very very good friends with a mechanic. Not because the car will need constant work because of issues (the EVO shouldn't have anymore issues than any other car of that type), but because it will be hard for you to find someone willing to do any work to it.

I needed an Alternator installed and a rebuilt S-AWC pump installed on my EVOX MR. I couldn't find anyone who would do it. The dealer would only install parts that was purchased from them. I ended up selling the car because I couldn't find anyone willing to install anything on it. And the folks that were willing wanted thousands. This one guy quoted me $2,000 to install the alternator. I got rid of the car. I'd actually recommend and Audi S3 over both of those vehicles.
Your trippin. The EVO is one of, literally i would put it next to the supra/GTR, the most tuned/respected platforms WORLDWIDE...MItsu can go out of business all they want, look how much support the evo platform has..its crazy..
Old Jan 23, 2015, 04:45 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by zebra4
Alternator job was also not too bad. Lift car, remove wheel, did most of it from the wheel well.
Thanks. But when we pulled off the wheel to do the alternator there was a big large flat metal frame panel blocking access to the alternator.

Last edited by Spoonie; Jan 23, 2015 at 10:03 AM.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 12:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
evo x

Evo x all the way. When Subaru puts the FA motor in the STI It will be time to get one.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 06:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't know how anybody can get the new sti with the known ringland failures. Sure a warranty might cover it but they will just give you another engine to have same problem again. Evo x atleast doesn't suffer from that issue and will be the next old jdm car people wish they had 10 years from now.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 07:08 AM

Go with the Evo X there aren't as many out there as stis
Old Feb 2, 2015, 04:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Broham
I don't know how anybody can get the new sti with the known ringland failures. Sure a warranty might cover it but they will just give you another engine to have same problem again. Evo x atleast doesn't suffer from that issue and will be the next old jdm car people wish they had 10 years from now.
THIS. The evo X will turn into the IX once its discontinued.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 02:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
you guys realize that the OP bought an X way ago right?
Old Feb 4, 2015, 05:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Broham
This is why I traded my Sti. (ringland failures)
Old Feb 4, 2015, 08:30 AM

I felt that the 2015 sti stole the appearance of the x. I would get the x just because they're not going to be made anymore