Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

camshaft position sensor harness melted-replacement?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2015, 09:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
camshaft position sensor harness melted-replacement?

Originally Posted by Fubfer
http://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/pro...oducts_id/2257

Check out that plug. i ordered one for my fried plug that is melted. will install tuesday and hope that takes care of my SES light. i messed with the plug and it was off yesterday morning until i got on it again and it popped back up. this could be a cheap alternative to the 140$ pigtail or 400 wiring harness. has noone else experienced this?

Originally Posted by Fubfer
Here is mine. im getting a SES light and im sure this has to be it... also thats the code that been thrown. camshaft sensor was just replaced also and this plug is JACKED. iv got ahold of a company about a new one! hopefully somebody can sell me a new one. anyone else run into this?Attachment 238555

Attachment 238556

Attachment 238557
The question is will it work? and has anyone else had this issue with the headers melting the plug for the sensor?
Old Jan 22, 2015, 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

I don't know if that receptacle will work for our cars, I have not looked up close at our cam-angle sensor because mine hasn't had an issues, but the reality is, if the connector is the right size, shape, and depth and fits the same way ours does, it doesn't really matter if its OE or not, a plug is a plug. I have on the other hand had the experience of my manifold melting my brake booster hose, so you may want to take a look at that one as well and shield it before yours melts like mine. I can't seem to find anyone else having that issue though.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 02:53 PM

Well i have bought one and will be installing it on tuesday or before depending on when it gets here! will keep everyone posted! look like an exact fit!
Old Feb 6, 2015, 05:01 PM

A little behind but i did splice this in and it works! its an alternative to the 120$ plug that is from the aftermarket sellers. i think i will buy one or two more off of ebay for 19$ i did buy some good quality 1200 degree spark plug socks that worked perfectly. so with the camshaft position sensor shield and that hopefully it shouldnt happen again!
Old Sep 18, 2015, 11:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you have a link for the sensor you went with? Was it the link from the first post or an ebay part? My sensor is pretty much melted through even though it's wrapped in heat tape and I need a replacement soon.