Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Im a noob. Depo lights confirmation please.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2016, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Im a noob. Depo lights confirmation please.

Hi. Are these the ones that the non-HID guys recommend? And how hard is install..taking off front clip?

Thanks.

Amazon.com: Mitsubishi Lancer Driver And Passenger Side Euro Style Performance Projector Headlights: Automotive Amazon.com: Mitsubishi Lancer Driver And Passenger Side Euro Style Performance Projector Headlights: Automotive
Old Mar 11, 2016, 06:39 PM
Evolved Member

Help me! I love you!
Old Mar 11, 2016, 07:10 PM
.M.
Evolved Member

Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts
Yes. Description states halogen models only.

Here's a video to give you an idea...

https://youtu.be/SjIwA5YLKg0
The following users liked this post:
CaptainCrunch (Mar 13, 2016)
Old Mar 11, 2016, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch
Hi. Are these the ones that the non-HID guys recommend? And how hard is install..taking off front clip?

Thanks.

Amazon.com: Mitsubishi Lancer Driver And Passenger Side Euro Style Performance Projector Headlights: Automotive
I'm confsued about this thread because i know NOTHING about this. Are you saying you have Halogen headlights on your Evo X (like me) and that if you order these projector headlamps from amazon you can automatically have a HID setup? Or are you replacing your OEM Halogen with this halogen setup?

I'm sick and tired of these dumb halogen headlights and cant believe mitsubishi went cheap on this on a Evo x. I'm Looking to find a way for HIDs as well
Old Mar 12, 2016, 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 101 Posts
You can run the Depo headlights with either the stock halogen bulbs inside the projectors or with an aftermarket HID drop-in kit. It will look a lot better than the stock reflector housing would but they still aren't designed for HID use. If you go with an HID kit, you'll need a DRL bypass harness or the lights will flicker and always be on. (JROX DRL bypass should find you what you need in Google)

The halogen projectors don't have as nice a cut-off or beam pattern as the OEM projectors. A lot of people have swapped in Morimoto EVOX-R projectors with great result (but that's going to involve some fabrication.)

Check out this thread. Page 10 has some beam pattern examples.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...eadlights.html
The following users liked this post:
CaptainCrunch (Mar 13, 2016)
Old Mar 12, 2016, 06:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
they also sell ones that are HID compatible, like for the ones that come stock projectors. you can get an aftermarket HID kit and get the AMP-D2S/R/C adapter
Old Mar 13, 2016, 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by .M.
Yes. Description states halogen models only.

Here's a video to give you an idea...

https://youtu.be/SjIwA5YLKg0
Originally Posted by splattj
You can run the Depo headlights with either the stock halogen bulbs inside the projectors or with an aftermarket HID drop-in kit. It will look a lot better than the stock reflector housing would but they still aren't designed for HID use. If you go with an HID kit, you'll need a DRL bypass harness or the lights will flicker and always be on. (JROX DRL bypass should find you what you need in Google)

The halogen projectors don't have as nice a cut-off or beam pattern as the OEM projectors. A lot of people have swapped in Morimoto EVOX-R projectors with great result (but that's going to involve some fabrication.)

Check out this thread. Page 10 has some beam pattern examples.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...eadlights.html
Thanks .M.!! Awesome link too!

Thanks splattj. I am going to run halogens until I find a kit that I like. Still not crystal clear on it. I have a 15 so no DRL. I won't be doing the projector retrofit either. Amazon's page for other items sold has a Kensun kit that looks promising from reviews.
Old Mar 13, 2016, 08:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by xl1lxbustax
they also sell ones that are HID compatible, like for the ones that come stock projectors. you can get an aftermarket HID kit and get the AMP-D2S/R/C adapter
Sold by Depo??