Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Dealer Dispute

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2016, 02:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I HATE mitsubishi. they are the worst company i have EVER dealt with. EVER! i dont give a **** if they make a lancer or evo they suck horribly when it comes to customer service. freaking hate them. Your experience pisses me the eff off.. sorry you had to deal with dumbass people. trust me when i say that MOST of the mitsubishi team is retarded. nothing but idiots when it comes to changing oil and whats best for their cars.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 02:52 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TxFAkuma
I HATE mitsubishi. they are the worst company i have EVER dealt with. EVER! i dont give a **** if they make a lancer or evo they suck horribly when it comes to customer service. freaking hate them. Your experience pisses me the eff off.. sorry you had to deal with dumbass people. trust me when i say that MOST of the mitsubishi team is retarded. nothing but idiots when it comes to changing oil and whats best for their cars.
lol you sound more heated than OP. And OP to answer your question, that bs. I wish the hid headlight thing was only a bulb that you had to buy, but it's more complicated.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 03:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Mitsubishi is pretty terrible.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 03:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Yep mitsubishi is extraordinarily bad. This will be the last one I ever own. What is it with these terrible dealerships?!?
Old Apr 22, 2016, 03:55 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Just want to go on record and say that not all the dealerships I have dealt with are bad. But I get a majority of them are
Old Apr 22, 2016, 04:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
take the money, buy a set of Depo headlights and do the retrofit.

Just playing devil's advocate for a second, the salesman and GM probably didn't know that it was not possible to swap OEM HID headlights into a non SS model. I think it's been covered on the forums before that it's not possible to just simply swap the headlights.

Still ****ty of them to try and just sneak the HID bulbs by you.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 05:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by AngryEvo
Yep mitsubishi is extraordinarily bad. This will be the last one I ever own. What is it with these terrible dealerships?!?
Same.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 09:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Which dealership in Illinois?

From what I recall, after 2008 models you can simply buy an OEM HID headlight and swap to your halogen since it was only in 2008 did they have DRL.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 07:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by migs647
Just want to go on record and say that not all the dealerships I have dealt with are bad. But I get a majority of them are

This. And it is not just Mitsu, the majority of car dealers are the beyond shady in their business dealings, and will cut any corner, and screw over anyone to make a buck.

The more educated car buyers are, the less they get away with this crap.

Good job OP on getting your money back. Better to have the car stock then some bunk aftermarket HIDs that you could have easily installed yourself if you wanted a half *** result.
The following users liked this post:
migs647 (Apr 23, 2016)
Old Apr 23, 2016, 09:04 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tpdc2
Made a deal with the GM to refund me $900 and put the OEM halogen bulbs back in. Reluctantly. Its not worth the time or trouble to deal with people who treat you like an idiot. ...Never dealing with them again....
So you made $320? Not bad... That'll cover your etune.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 09:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nvmaddog
This. And it is not just Mitsu, the majority of car dealers are the beyond shady in their business dealings, and will cut any corner, and screw over anyone to make a buck.

The more educated car buyers are, the less they get away with this crap.

Good job OP on getting your money back. Better to have the car stock then some bunk aftermarket HIDs that you could have easily installed yourself if you wanted a half *** result.
Exactly. Thanks
Old Apr 23, 2016, 10:07 AM
Evolving Member

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by migs647
What does the paperwork say? In the end, that is what will be used in court. If it says OEM "Style" you may be burnt. If it says OEM Headlights / lamps, you may have something. $580 is a bit steep for non-oem imo. I would push back hard on that part.