Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

2015 FE, thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2016, 08:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by NinjaX
Other Countries FE, Recaro, Rockford fosgate, sunroof and BBS. for 35K-39K, Just import one from Canada or get a low mile 2014.

This. You guys got f'd so hard on the FE.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 08:46 AM
OX
Evolving Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by hoobastnk90
comparing discounts on some fords you bought to mitsu's prices.
Wasn't directed towards you. Go pay sticker price.
For everyone else, there could be deals out there
if you are willing to search hard enough (many aren't)
Old Dec 21, 2016, 02:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, the salesman called me a few minutes ago to see if I could come look over the car in question in a few hours. However I had already left town to go see family for the holidays. Told him I'd go back on Monday and look the car over again.

I appreciate the feedback from everyone. They have four other FEs there, but I am a sucker for Blue and the other Cosmic Blue FE they have doesn't have the GPS HU in it, and well, I want that. lol. So we shall see come Monday.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 08:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
Eh, my MMCS sucks so hard for playing music, I don't know that it would be much better for GPS. I think I read you cannot interact with it once moving. I know I can't change music off USB once moving, though I can still change sirius stations, go figure.

I personally wouldn't want to be stuck with a built in GPS system, especially from Mitsu, and especially from whichever company made their system.

You can run a usb cable through the A-pillar cover, above the headliner, and have a very clean Garmin install on a suction cup, and free maps for life, traffic updates, etc, for $250.

I wouldn't make GPS a deal breaker.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 10:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
The nav unit is a $2,000 POs get and android one 10.2 and you wont regret, use the 2k for the recaros trust me..

Originally Posted by .akai
Well, the salesman called me a few minutes ago to see if I could come look over the car in question in a few hours. However I had already left town to go see family for the holidays. Told him I'd go back on Monday and look the car over again.

I appreciate the feedback from everyone. They have four other FEs there, but I am a sucker for Blue and the other Cosmic Blue FE they have doesn't have the GPS HU in it, and well, I want that. lol. So we shall see come Monday.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 06:17 PM

I have the 2014 MMCS unit in my 14MY X but the 2015 isn't much different. DONT let the mmcs navi unit be the main reason why you want to stick with the car that you're looking at now. I'd be more concerned with the health of the actual vehicle. The MMCS unit isn't worth it trust me!!! I can't wait to switch once I figure out exactly what I want to do. Now I use the waze app or google/apple map app for navi (it's wayyyyyy easier). For music I load music on my sd card but it's missing serious "ease of use" features and it frustrates me a lot smh.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 04:50 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
GPS is a bust these days. I remember I bought my Tacoma, and bought a brand new 2014 nav unit to put in it. Never used the damn thing and always just used Waze because police.

That being said, after having bought my MR, I would say that I was very surprised at lack of USB ports as well as its ridiculous location, the glove box. Also, there seems to be a lack of support for ipods. I have a 6th gen 64gb ipod that is essentially a paperweight at this point. The headunit does not recognize the device via usb. For a 40k MSRP vehicle, thats straight shenanigans.

Those are my gripes.
Old Dec 24, 2016, 08:17 AM
Evolving Member

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
It's a **** unit. I plugged my iPhone 6 via USB, it played one track then nothing. No amount of reconnecting would even make it see anything connected to USB. Bluetooth works pretty reliably, but sound quality is noticeably worse.

I remember driving a few blocks home from Home Depot. Between not being able to navigate usb while moving, and the HU taking for ever to read each folder, I barely managed to pick a frigging song by the time I was home 15 minutes later.

After replacing the Lancer seat, the radio will be the next mod. Can't imagine how bad GPS must be. There are many topics on it on Outlander forums from australia.
Old Dec 24, 2016, 09:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by itdiestoday
GPS is a bust these days. I remember I bought my Tacoma, and bought a brand new 2014 nav unit to put in it. Never used the damn thing and always just used Waze because police.

That being said, after having bought my MR, I would say that I was very surprised at lack of USB ports as well as its ridiculous location, the glove box. Also, there seems to be a lack of support for ipods. I have a 6th gen 64gb ipod that is essentially a paperweight at this point. The headunit does not recognize the device via usb. For a 40k MSRP vehicle, thats straight shenanigans.

Those are my gripes.
Agree.

For cars that are older I just use Google Maps or an offline Copilot GPS app - which is great.

For new cars, Android Auto is all I need.
Old Dec 24, 2016, 02:01 PM

What is the current aftermarket like? I wouldn't think many manufacturers will continue to support a car thats no longer in production. But I don't want to make assumptions either.

My concern is that I'll wait till after the warranty is expired to mod and it will be a scarce market.
Old Dec 24, 2016, 06:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by .akai
What is the current aftermarket like? I wouldn't think many manufacturers will continue to support a car thats no longer in production. But I don't want to make assumptions either.

My concern is that I'll wait till after the warranty is expired to mod and it will be a scarce market.
The aftermarket is fully developed. The makers of these parts will slowly bow out over time though because the market will keep shrinking.

I think the aftermarket was betting on the Focus RS to be THAT car that would be the heir to the crown, but RS availability has put a big crimp in that for now.
Old Dec 26, 2016, 06:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by TurboTJ
Well said. Driving an evo has ruined me on so many cars. Lots of other cars handle really well but they just can't compare.
So true. What car I'd get instead is a subject that comes up between me and friends, and I usually don't have an answer. It's crazy. Even today's AWD four-doors aren't really much better, from a performance standpoint... just more creature comforts, but not enough to make me ever replace mine.
Old Dec 26, 2016, 06:45 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Aftermarket won't be going away. Just like it hasn't gone away on the CT9a.
Old Dec 26, 2016, 06:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
It won't go away for the Evo, but it definitely won't grow. It can only diminish slowly.
Old Dec 26, 2016, 08:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
I worried a lot about future replacement parts for my evo when I bought it (one year anniversary Friday!!!). I did some research into parts I'll need and looked at discontinued cars (e.g. DSMs), and that eliminated my worries. If Mitsubishi doesn't sell it or it's expensive, someone else will sell a better/cheaper one. In the end, I just couldn't pass up on owning a legend of a car.

Originally Posted by moparfan
I think the aftermarket was betting on the Focus RS to be THAT car that would be the heir to the crown, but RS availability has put a big crimp in that for now.
The ford ecoboost engines have been less-than-optimal to say the least. Even their comparison commercial on YouTube said the evo didn't handle like any of the other cars (focus RS, Golf R, STI), that it was more in the GTR's territory. Maybe the focus will get better with time but I'm skeptical since none of fords boosted engines have much going for them.

Quick Reply: 2015 FE, thoughts?