Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

New Evo X Owner!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2017, 06:57 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by donny_utah
I’ve ran the Michelin Pilot Alpin PA2 for three years in the Seattle Tacoma area. Ice, rain, slush to light snow. It handled it all like a champ. Treadwear lasted me very long. The current Pilot Alpin PA4 is probably one of the better Performance Winter tires on the market.

Thanks Donny. I have had the blizzak's on my LR a few years ago and don't see the need for them in Seattle. We hardly get any thing in the way of snow, and when it does, it never lasts more than 3 days if that. So rain, slush, freezing rain etc is about as bad as it gets. I will go with the Michelin Alpins. Another tire I did short list was the Pirelli Sottozoro. But again, its an all snow tire much like the Blizzak.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 11:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ALAN - 1
I'm sorry my old matey, but I beg to differ. A lot car manufactures are claiming high BHPs and how they now boast all wheel drive, they have this, they have that. I drove across 4 states to get back to Seattle and can categorically state, that no matter how fast all other car's were when I came into proximity.. they were nothing but distant specs in the rear view mirror within seconds. And.. more importantly, don't forget, It's not always about the BHP under the hood, its about how much a car weighs, and how the power is put down. I'm not harping on about this because I own the car, I can only relate to my experience driving it.
I have a good friend of mine Michael, who owns a beautiful 911 Turbo S, all in black with a Recaro race seats fitted and full harness. He couldn't wait to get out of the coffee shop to see my car. All he said was after looking it over carefully was... "Thats a fast son of *****"

As for fluid changes, I stick with the manual and the Mitsubishi techs on this. Oil changes with Mobile One Synthetic every 3,000 miles and SST Gear Box Fluid change at every 30,000 miles. These guys built the engines and gear boxes, the rest of us did not. Then if any thing goes wrong, you can prove that you followed all the instructions to the letter, no questions asked.

[/I]
Hahaaa

I am glad you are in love with your new MR

Sounds like you purchased it to keep it stock and keep it under warranty. Nothing wrong with that. Enjoy what it has to offer. It is a lil beast from factory for sure.

If you paid $3500 plus for the warranty to 100K and an extra $3000 plus for a radio upgrade and a few external cosmetic accessories at the dealer, you already have $6500 additional dollars spent on it. So yes I would for sure keep it simple after that.

I am 51 years old my self and I too love my 2015 MR.

I probably voided the warranty at 1500 miles lol. Now my MR has 30K miles or so. But I have gone a different route. I bolted on a few parts such as the intercooler and the intercooler upper pipe and an air intake and few other things. It is probably making 500 bhp .

You want to talk about objects in the rear view mirror disappearing fast lol. It is a blast to drive.

If you ever decide to upgrade a few things hit me up and I will advise what to get. And you will be getting advice from one of the fastest stock turbo Evo X MR's in the Continental US as you put it on your first post .

Happy New Year to you and everyone reading
The following users liked this post:
ALAN - 1 (Jan 4, 2018)
Old Jan 4, 2018, 12:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats on the car! I'm slowly learning a lot about mine as well now and hope to keep it stock for the remainder of the lease I took over. I'm in the same boat as you and probably mostly everyone else with a 15 X on here...the stock seats are TERRIBLE! I feel like there should be mandatory sport seats in a car like this, I feel like there's way too much body roll with these seats.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 06:25 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congratulations. This car in its stock form is amazing. Took me 4.5 years before I modded anything...probably cause I wanted to keep the warranty intact. I've heard a lot about dealerships busting chops and finding any reason to deny claims so be weary about that.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 09:14 AM

Yeah, I know. It's like having Angelina Jolie in your bed and then finding out she is a transvestite. So disappointing! The issue is, this car can re write the laws of physics in the known universe. But to do that, you have to pinned in your seat. The Recaro's do just that. This car was never designed to have the Rally Art Lancer seats in them. You sit too high, my left knee keeps hitting or resting on the drivers side door handle/arm and causes pain/irritation (because its a sharp corner. I have long legs) after an hour. I sat in the Evo GSR 2015 that my parts guy has at my dealership and he retrofitted Recaro's. I sit lower, my legs clear all the door furniture and my thighs are kept snug in a straight line because of the lower bolsters. It is so screwed up. I have a good mind to sue Mitsubishi for discomfort and pain. When I corner hard or go in to fast acceleration the only thing I cling onto is the steering wheel. So, I am saving up my money to the tune of $10K and then order the OEM Leather Heated Recaro's as soon as possible.
And your right, there is way too much body roll.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 09:44 AM

eddogz, thanks. As for the warranty's I have done a lot of asking questions and research. I am sure most of you know or may not know, that these cars used to come with 10 Year/100K warranty's! Mitsubishi USA accidentally left it up on their website so I took screen shots of it. Then called them to ask why my warranty was not what was advertised. They soon took it down and changed it. Because, I was told at the time of purchase that it came stock with a 5 year/50K warranty. The reason for the down grade? Because, and I quote: "Too many owners had messed with their cars, boosting BHP beyond factory tolerances which would break the cars. Then they would bring the cars in to our dealerships and demand they be repaired with new replacement parts. One owner actually blew his engine and demanded we fix it. It cost us $20,000 for a new engine, plus labor which was close to another $5,000". So Mitsubishi then cut the warranty time and mileage in half so as to reduce liability.
So, that is what happens when you take the **** out of the system. It screws it up for the rest of us. Sorry to be blunt, but I had to cough up another $3,800 for the full original warranty back up to the original 100K/10 Year.
Check this screen shot: And look under warranty in the lower left right corner. I spaced out a new MR on the website with every thing just to see how much it tallied up to. And this is my car I got in Apex Silver:

Old Jan 5, 2018, 04:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
In my experience, if you take care of the car you really won't have issues with it. I'm little over 62k now and haven't had any real issues. My full bolt on 08 had all types of issues toward the end of my ownership but it had 130k mi on it. With this one, it's gonna be a extremely slow modding process as I like not having the headaches my 08 had.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 05:26 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
eddogz, thanks. As for the warranty's I have done a lot of asking questions and research. I am sure most of you know or may not know, that these cars used to come with 10 Year/100K warranty's! Mitsubishi USA accidentally left it up on their website so I took screen shots of it. Then called them to ask why my warranty was not what was advertised. They soon took it down and changed it. Because, I was told at the time of purchase that it came stock with a 5 year/50K warranty. The reason for the down grade? Because, and I quote: "Too many owners had messed with their cars, boosting BHP beyond factory tolerances which would break the cars. Then they would bring the cars in to our dealerships and demand they be repaired with new replacement parts. One owner actually blew his engine and demanded we fix it. It cost us $20,000 for a new engine, plus labor which was close to another $5,000". So Mitsubishi then cut the warranty time and mileage in half so as to reduce liability.
So, that is what happens when you take the **** out of the system. It screws it up for the rest of us. Sorry to be blunt, but I had to cough up another $3,800 for the full original warranty back up to the original 100K/10 Year.
Check this screen shot: And look under warranty in the lower left right corner. I spaced out a new MR on the website with every thing just to see how much it tallied up to. And this is my car I got in Apex Silver:
The 2008+ Evo and Ralliarts NEVER came with a 10yr/100k warranty. Never ever. You can look in every single owners manual back to 2008 and it will state that the Evo and Ralliart is excluded.

Dealer told you what you want to hear so you would buy the extended warranty. Sorry.

Plus a brand new OEM motor does not cost $20,000. That dealer is clueless, which is no surprise. A whole crate engine that includes the longblock, alternator, intake/exhaust manifold, turbo and clutch, ready to drop in is part #1000B922 and MSRP is $6592.50 but you can find it for cheaper.

Last edited by razorlab; Jan 5, 2018 at 05:34 PM.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 05:46 PM
EvoM Guru

I'm sorry my old matey, but I beg to differ. A lot car manufactures are claiming high BHPs and how they now boast all wheel drive, they have this, they have that. I drove across 4 states to get back to Seattle and can categorically state, that no matter how fast all other car's were when I came into proximity.. they were nothing but distant specs in the rear view mirror within seconds. And.. more importantly, don't forget, It's not always about the BHP under the hood, its about how much a car weighs, and how the power is put down.
I know you are excited about your new car but get out of here. Physics dude, I suggest reading up on it. I can list 50+ cars that are demonstratively faster than a stock Evo 10 MR.

Or maybe you are just trolling...
Old Jan 5, 2018, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by razorlab
I know you are excited about your new car but get out of here. Physics dude, I suggest reading up on it. I can list 50+ cars that are demonstratively faster than a stock Evo 10 MR.

Or maybe you are just trolling...
Im talking about corning ability. Those physics. Any idiot can drive fast in straight line, and add lots of pony power. Corning ability sorts the men from the boys and girls from the women.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 07:12 PM

Talking Warranty

The 2008+ Evo and Ralliarts NEVER came with a 10yr/100k warranty. Never ever. You can look in every single owners manual back to 2008 and it will state that the Evo and Ralliart is excluded.

Dealer told you what you want to hear so you would buy the extended warranty. Sorry.

Plus a brand new OEM motor does not cost $20,000. That dealer is clueless, which is no surprise. A whole crate engine that includes the longblock, alternator, intake/exhaust manifold, turbo and clutch, ready to drop in is part #1000B922 and MSRP is $6592.50 but you can find it for cheaper.
Ah, so a SST Twin Clutch Gear Box is more expensive than an new MIVEC TURBO engine... including labor, installed by a dealer. Hmmmm. I will ask my dealership and exact numbers for you.

As for the warranty, look again. I'm going post this picture for the second time, as proof. Look hard in the lower right hand corner under "included" . Your apologies will be accepted.

Old Jan 5, 2018, 07:44 PM
EvoM Guru

Im talking about corning ability. Those physics. Any idiot can drive fast in straight line, and add lots of pony power. Corning ability sorts the men from the boys and girls from the women.
I can give you a list of 30+ cars with more cornering ability and higher skid pad numbers than the stock Evo 10.

Listen, I know you are new to the car and new to this forum. It is a capable car stock, but it is FAR from other stock cars anymore. Once you modify it, it gets amazing, but stock, just not in the same company it used to be. That is the reality of the now.

As for the warranty, look again. I'm going post this picture for the second time, as proof. Look hard in the lower right hand corner under "included" . Your apologies will be accepted.
You are 100% incorrect. That is not proof. Go look at owners manuals. Call Mitsubishi Corporate. I've been in the Evo world since 2002, you literally just bought one.

Lesson #1 is never take the dealers word as fact.

Here let's go back to 2010 as an example... this is the warranty book that came with the car. "your apologies will be accepted"

https://mcarsstatic.cachefly.net/pdf...s_Complete.pdf

You can even explore all the model years yourself here, notice that for every.single.year, "Lancer Evolution, Lancer Ralliart, Lancer Sportback Ralliart" has a separate section and warranty book: https://www.mitsubishicars.com/owners/service/warranty

"your apologies will be accepted"

Ah, so a SST Twin Clutch Gear Box is more expensive than an new MIVEC TURBO engine... including labor, installed by a dealer. Hmmmm. I will ask my dealership and exact numbers for you.
Part #2500A343 and MSRP is $13,731.02 but you can get them for $10k.

Last edited by razorlab; Jan 5, 2018 at 07:54 PM.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 09:32 PM

I can give you a list of 30+ cars with more cornering ability and higher skid pad numbers than the stock Evo 10.

Listen, I know you are new to the car and new to this forum. It is a capable car stock, but it is FAR from other stock cars anymore. Once you modify it, it gets amazing, but stock, just not in the same company it used to be. That is the reality of the now.

You are 100% incorrect. That is not proof. Go look at owners manuals. Call Mitsubishi Corporate. I've been in the Evo world since 2002, you literally just bought one.

Lesson #1 is never take the dealers word as fact.

Here let's go back to 2010 as an example... this is the warranty book that came with the car. "your apologies will be accepted"

https://mcarsstatic.cachefly.net/pdf...s_Complete.pdf

You can even explore all the model years yourself here, notice that for every.single.year, "Lancer Evolution, Lancer Ralliart, Lancer Sportback Ralliart" has a separate section and warranty book: https://www.mitsubishicars.com/owners/service/warranty

"your apologies will be accepted"

Part #2500A343 and MSRP is $13,731.02 but you can get them for $10k.
And... your forgetting the all important dealer labor charges. How long does it take to install a new engine, plus TAX. Where I live that is 10%. I will get the labor charges for you, then add a new engine charge FROM the dealer and not from any where else as that VOIDs the warranty, so they will charge you full dealer price for the new engine.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 11:22 PM
EvoM Guru

Good lord.

Hope you enjoy your new car! Cheers.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 05:52 AM

Good lord.

Hope you enjoy your new car! Cheers.

I know, right!

And yes, enjoying my new car.. although I have to say she has been parked for over a month in front of my house and not driven. Am awaiting the arrival of new winter tires. Am going with Michelin Pilot Alpin's. I think my dealer called yesterday at 5 to say they were in. Also.. and here is another question... how many of your cars came with tinted glass in the rear windows and passenger side doors? My glass sunroof is tinted but none of the other glass in the car.

Quick Reply: New Evo X Owner!