Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Thinking to get another Evo X

 
Old Jan 4, 2019, 06:54 AM
  #1  
Evolved Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (38)
 
tweakdsm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,405
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thinking to get another Evo X

I'm looking around I want pretty much stock.... I see some 2015s with 15k miles on, but Do i really want 2015 with crappy seats, or just get 2014. with 40k miles..
tweakdsm is offline  
Old Jan 4, 2019, 12:52 PM
  #2  
Newbie
 
WillD_EvoX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Texas
Posts: 37
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love my 2014 gsr F the 2015
WillD_EvoX is online now  
Old Jan 4, 2019, 06:52 PM
  #3  
Evolved Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,451
Received 75 Likes on 69 Posts
More miles better seats - they are really THAT bad. 10k to swap them after the fact if you want leather...
Napalm_Enema is offline  
Old Jan 6, 2019, 11:01 AM
  #4  
EvoM Guru
iTrader: (8)
 
razorlab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: South Orange, New Jersey
Posts: 11,272
Received 259 Likes on 228 Posts
Originally Posted by Napalm_Enema View Post
More miles better seats - they are really THAT bad. 10k to swap them after the fact if you want leather...
Nobody sane pays $10k to get recaros. Come on.
razorlab is offline  
Old Jan 6, 2019, 12:39 PM
  #5  
Newbie
 
WillD_EvoX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Texas
Posts: 37
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by razorlab View Post
Nobody sane pays $10k to get recaros. Come on.
pretty sure he talking about miles. After 10 k they start wearing out
WillD_EvoX is online now  
Old Jan 6, 2019, 12:42 PM
  #6  
Newbie
 
WillD_EvoX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Texas
Posts: 37
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can find use ones in pretty good shape for about 5k tho
WillD_EvoX is online now  
Old Jan 6, 2019, 12:44 PM
  #7  
EvoM Guru
iTrader: (8)
 
razorlab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: South Orange, New Jersey
Posts: 11,272
Received 259 Likes on 228 Posts
Originally Posted by WillD_EvoX View Post

pretty sure he talking about miles. After 10 k they start wearing out
Hmmm, I didn't get that memo I guess.
razorlab is offline  
Old Jan 6, 2019, 07:44 PM
  #8  
Evolved Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,451
Received 75 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by razorlab View Post
Nobody sane pays $10k to get recaros. Come on.
I said if you want leather - as in brand new - good luck finding used leather out there. I was specific, and accurate, and there are people that have paid that to accomplish that very thing.
Napalm_Enema is offline  
Old Jan 6, 2019, 09:31 PM
  #9  
EvoM Guru
iTrader: (8)
 
razorlab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: South Orange, New Jersey
Posts: 11,272
Received 259 Likes on 228 Posts
Originally Posted by Napalm_Enema View Post
I said if you want leather - as in brand new - good luck finding used leather out there. I was specific, and accurate, and there are people that have paid that to accomplish that very thing.
If anyone want my used leather recaros for $7k, I will _gladly_ let them go for that! That’s redonk.
razorlab is offline  
Old Jan 7, 2019, 08:10 AM
  #10  
Evolved Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,451
Received 75 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by razorlab View Post


If anyone want my used leather recaros for $7k, I will _gladly_ let them go for that! That’s redonk.
Yeah I about had a heart attack when I priced them new when considering getting back in the EVO game....wtf.
Napalm_Enema is offline  
Old Jan 7, 2019, 08:41 AM
  #11  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: NYC
Posts: 52
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just put Sparco Seats on mine and called it a day. cheaper and Much lighter too.
total weight with rails/bracket. 31 lbs stock was 46lbs and 52lbs
llllBULLSEYE is offline  
Old Jan 8, 2019, 07:49 AM
  #12  
EvoM Guru
iTrader: (8)
 
razorlab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: South Orange, New Jersey
Posts: 11,272
Received 259 Likes on 228 Posts
Originally Posted by Napalm_Enema View Post
good luck finding used leather out there.
Far cry from even $5k... and a lot of options for used leather Recaros.


razorlab is offline  
Old Jan 9, 2019, 05:50 PM
  #13  
Evolved Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,451
Received 75 Likes on 69 Posts
I said brand new, and that's all I said. At the time I last checked like a year or so ago, the market was non existent for leather ones without airbags having deployed and outside of that new was one of the only options - if you wanted leather.

Super good you found some options now a long time later, and something I didn't actively research because last I saw, new was almost the only way to go.

Can you all stop riding my nuts about this already jesus I was very specific - NEW. Go nuts finding used it doesn't make my point or post any less valid because I was talking about NEW.
Napalm_Enema is offline  
Old Jan 9, 2019, 06:17 PM
  #14  
EvoM Guru
iTrader: (8)
 
razorlab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: South Orange, New Jersey
Posts: 11,272
Received 259 Likes on 228 Posts
Oh hush, you literally stated “good luck finding used leather out there” in your post and the above was in reply to that.

Originally Posted by Napalm_Enema View Post
I said brand new, and that's all I said. At the time I last checked like a year or so ago, the market was non existent for leather ones without airbags having deployed and outside of that new was one of the only options - if you wanted leather.

Super good you found some options now a long time later, and something I didn't actively research because last I saw, new was almost the only way to go.

Can you all stop riding my nuts about this already jesus I was very specific - NEW. Go nuts finding used it doesn't make my point or post any less valid because I was talking about NEW.
razorlab is offline  
Old Jan 9, 2019, 08:43 PM
  #15  
Evolved Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,451
Received 75 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by razorlab View Post
Oh hush, you literally stated “good luck finding used leather out there” in your post and the above was in reply to that.

Based on my experience that was the case all I would ever see after a long period of searching was blown out used seats when it came to leather, if you would find any in the first place. Does it mean because a few are available right now that there is some vast ****ing supply? I don't think so, it's lucky there are a few out there big ****ing deal?
Napalm_Enema is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.