Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Evo X MR Trans Vs Ralliart Trans

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2021, 03:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Evo X MR Trans Vs Ralliart Trans

Hey fellow Evo lovers, I've come here looking for hopefully some life saving answers. I have a 2010 Evo MR and well.. I need a new transmission and don't have 19k to spend on a new one from Mitsubishi. To make matters worse, I am active military and have three more years in Oahu Hawaii so shipping is 100x more difficult and I am very limited on mechanics that will even LOOK at my trans.

Its nearly midnight on a Friday night and I was hoping that MAYBE just MAYBE I could use a used Ralliart transmission to replace just with a clutch upgrade. That is unless somebody is selling a trans with 100k or less from the mainland! I've seen what the Evo community can do, so PLEASE reach out to me if you can. Thank you brothers and sisters!
Old Jun 12, 2021, 06:13 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
Sorry dude, I think your best option is to give kozmic a call. https://www.kozmicmotorsports.com

That's what I would do with my MR if I was in your shoes.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 101 Posts
I'm pretty sure the clutch is the same. The Ralliart has slightly taller 5th and 6th gears. The TCU has different software on it and the Ralliart TCU doesn't have S-Sport mode.

I'd try and find a used MR box or send yours out for a rebuild if you can suffer the downtime.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 01:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 115 Likes on 105 Posts
TAE Autoparts has two for sale on their Ebay page/store. worth looking into.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 04:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by TonyThatDude
Hey fellow Evo lovers, I've come here looking for hopefully some life saving answers. I have a 2010 Evo MR and well.. I need a new transmission and don't have 19k to spend on a new one from Mitsubishi. To make matters worse, I am active military and have three more years in Oahu Hawaii so shipping is 100x more difficult and I am very limited on mechanics that will even LOOK at my trans.

Its nearly midnight on a Friday night and I was hoping that MAYBE just MAYBE I could use a used Ralliart transmission to replace just with a clutch upgrade. That is unless somebody is selling a trans with 100k or less from the mainland! I've seen what the Evo community can do, so PLEASE reach out to me if you can. Thank you brothers and sisters!
The info I have is that it's the same trans, and yes you can use it, however you need to flash it with the Evo TCU firmware for that year of transmission, set the VIN, re-teach. You will have taller 5th/6th gears and you will then have super sport mode.