Notices
Evo X How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

Anyone know how to kill the seatbelt beep?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2013, 11:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you would have stated you had a 5 point harness in the beginning you could have saved yourself a headache of seeing a bunch of people type wear your seat belt. You were not specific about your circumstances so people just ran with it. Also a good idea would probably be to download the Maintenance guide from Evoscan.com it'll teach you all kinds of things about your eve. M2C
Old Oct 6, 2013, 04:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Write " Seat belt alarm stopper " on eBay and you'll find what you need
Old Oct 7, 2013, 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by EXcel4600c
If you would have stated you had a 5 point harness in the beginning you could have saved yourself a headache of seeing a bunch of people type wear your seat belt. You were not specific about your circumstances so people just ran with it. Also a good idea would probably be to download the Maintenance guide from Evoscan.com it'll teach you all kinds of things about your eve. M2C
Not sure if you're talking to me, or have me confused with someone else, or something else. But I'm not the OP. This post was started a heck of a long time ago; I only posted a few days ago. So far I've yet to have anyone nag me about a seat belt. I just don't feel like being lectured or nanny'd by someone who's probably got 0 experience on the subject of car wrecks and seat belts, and just feel like they have to be the one person who gets on a soap box about wearing a seat belt.

That's the only reason I even mentioned why I'm looking to disable the seat belt beep. Because as I said, I've got a legit reason for doing it, wearing a 5 point racing harness. Not the typical reasons of "it's annoying when I go to move my car" or "I just don't wear a seat belt."
Old Nov 22, 2013, 09:29 PM
Evolving Member

iam with you man... i have a harness to i am looking for one of those little buckle things
Old Nov 23, 2013, 08:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Easiest way to get a buckle-tongue that fits your car is to get a seat-belt extender for the same car.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 02:15 PM
Evolving Member

Just disable the sensor in the buckle. Remove it from the buckle, leaving it plugged in. Then depress the assembly and tape it in place. It's easy and the cleanest way by far. This was my very first mod.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 09:00 PM

i have a 2012 GSR, under the driver seat there are 3 wire harnesses. unplug the middle plug and viola.