Notices
Evo X How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

Anyone know how to kill the seatbelt beep?

Old Apr 3, 2008, 04:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
But guys i did it because i used a 5 point seat belts!!!!!
Use your seatbelt please , it will save your life even with 40 mph impact!
Old Apr 5, 2008, 08:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
its not that we dont wear our seat belts there are just times when you arent going really far or just moving the car...

Besides it bothers other people more then me now they always say "Whats that annoying beep"
Old Apr 5, 2008, 09:03 PM

I might not be a genius, but I think they made seatbelt to save people. The beeps shouldn't be that annoying. If something annoys you, will you try to get rid of it? Sure, I agree with you when the destination is only a couple of minutes away, but anything can happen while driving there. My one friend was backing out his garage into the alley where a moron t-boned his car doing 50 mph.
Old Apr 5, 2008, 09:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
the question wasn't 'should we wear our seatbelts. It was how do we delete the super obnoxious never ending pos seatbelt chime. Of course we all wear our seatbelts...and don't need to be reminded to do so
Old Apr 5, 2008, 09:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by aznRice
I might not be a genius, but I think they made seatbelt to save people. The beeps shouldn't be that annoying. If something annoys you, will you try to get rid of it? Sure, I agree with you when the destination is only a couple of minutes away, but anything can happen while driving there. My one friend was backing out his garage into the alley where a moron t-boned his car doing 50 mph.
OP asked for info to delete the chime....not a lecture. Uhhh have you heard the new X chime by the way? Do you own and X? I can tell you straight away it's the worst ever..and does not stop EVER. This is a simple Tech' thread. Who turned this thread into a lesson on safety? Jeez give it a rest.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 06:48 AM

guys really whats the deal here. not to talk smack or anything like that but its a simple fix wear the seat belt and the noise will go away. if u take it off to park or reverse it does not take more than 3 min to park a car im sure anyone can take the noise for three min or so .
Old Apr 7, 2008, 07:08 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by agevox
guys really whats the deal here. not to talk smack or anything like that but its a simple fix wear the seat belt and the noise will go away. if u take it off to park or reverse it does not take more than 3 min to park a car im sure anyone can take the noise for three min or so .
sorry your first post had to be this^. we're asking for tech information here not lectures so please if you don't know the procedure on how to disable the worlds' most annoying seat belt chime please resist posting opinions and not actual technical information....not to talk smack or anything

you have obviously not heard the new X' belt chime. It is bad and never stops...no 2 chime warning just continuous hell
Old Apr 7, 2008, 09:38 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
I only take my seatbelt off to park. Its just a habit.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 03:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When you are parking your Evo you want to be comfortable as possible so yes I take this seatbelt off.

Found it on this forum.

http://www.mitsubishi-forums.com/t31...belt-chime.htm
Old Apr 7, 2008, 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just unplug the wire harness under the seat...thats it
Old Apr 7, 2008, 09:44 PM
Evolving Member

i had the same problem with my x when i got it drove me nutz and i cant stand the d%$m seat belt on the drivers side only!! where the wires go in to the seat belt recever tug on them a white switch will come out of the bottemof it push the switch up and tape it. it works great the car thinks ther seat belt is connected and even when a passanger is in the car and they dont have there seat belt on it still will not chime you do not need to mess with the one in the pass seat
Old Apr 9, 2008, 06:40 PM

i bet these guys wished they had their seat belts on!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElOIK...eature=related
Old Apr 10, 2008, 04:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
well actually this one for those who didn't answer to the question ,just reply my wear the seat belts comments.
I actually answer the question here... how you can disconnect it.
And then i was thinking. Right, he will do that and he might forget the seat belt. So that is why i made that post. I dont want him to post it later, no beep i forgot. The beeping is there for the reason you know. Even YOU can forget it. And you lucky if you will notice with the ticket.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 09:11 PM

Buckle Up for safety, always buckle up!

Click it or ticket...

are there any other clever lines i'm missing?
Old Apr 11, 2008, 01:04 AM
Evolving Member

I did not post on here because i wanted a lecture on wearing my seatbelt. So to all the preachers out there, thanks but no thanks.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone know how to kill the seatbelt beep?