Notices
Evo X How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

HOW TO: ETS Exhaust Install

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2014, 08:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ETS Install and Whiteline Sway Bar

So...Proud owner of 2014 GSR Wicked White...here is what I've done so far.

1. Works Short Shift Kit plus all the bushings etc...awesome...paid a professional to install. (Cost $100)
2. Whiteline Sway Bar , Rear...easy install...few directions??...help from some friends with a lift. (Cost Case of beer)
3.ETS Quiet Cat Back, No instructions...really???...easy install bar trimming the heat shield and because one OEM bolt was screwed ended up cutting some more. Finally got it in with 1 original and 1 DYI bolt.

Comments.

Highly recommend Works Short Shift Kit although I do not like the small Works Shift Knob..(looking at WC Lathe )
The sway bar was easy...maybe because exhaust was off ??...no need to drop the diff at all.
Apart from no instructions...again...REALLY?? The exhaust was easy (1 OEM bolt sucked) sounds pretty good...
Hmm ...what's next???
Old Jun 16, 2014, 01:50 PM

looks good. just picked up the ETS quiet version and im going to try and install it this weekend.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 02:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Awesome! You will love it!

Michael
Old Jun 16, 2014, 11:36 PM

ets extreme for the win!
Old Jun 17, 2014, 05:34 PM

Just ordered the resonated test pipe.....
Old Jun 24, 2014, 12:46 PM

Ets ftw!
Old Apr 1, 2015, 09:13 AM

Been running the car for a while now. I must say the exhaust is a peach. Great sound at all levels of acceleration.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 09:52 AM

What did you guys use to trim the heat shield? Can I just snip it?
Old Jun 5, 2015, 10:32 AM

Also I am using the ets flange to bolt up the midpipe to the oem cat.. Am I able to reuse the OEM bolts?
Old Jun 5, 2015, 12:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by evoxsteez
Also I am using the ets flange to bolt up the midpipe to the oem cat.. Am I able to reuse the OEM bolts?
Good question.. Ill be installing my new catback tomorrow with the adapter flange as well. Im in for an answer to this
Old Jun 5, 2015, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Volkey
Good question.. Ill be installing my new catback tomorrow with the adapter flange as well. Im in for an answer to this
I'm going to install later today, if anything I'll let you know how it went tomorrow morning
Old Jun 6, 2015, 07:18 AM

I got it on. Ended up using a bolt size smaller and a nut on the other side to get it onto the cat. The oem bolt did not want to go back in for some reason, it might be because the cat is 2.5inches and the exhaust is 3inches. Also if you use all hangers the exhaust will sit right on the diffuser of the bumper. Today I'm going to try and adjust it by removing the inner hangers to see if it will sit lower. Other than that it was easy, I couldn't trim the heat shield on the cat so I just ended up bending it. It looks nasty but it worked
Old Jun 6, 2015, 07:36 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by evoxsteez
I got it on. Ended up using a bolt size smaller and a nut on the other side to get it onto the cat. The oem bolt did not want to go back in for some reason, it might be because the cat is 2.5inches and the exhaust is 3inches. Also if you use all hangers the exhaust will sit right on the diffuser of the bumper. Today I'm going to try and adjust it by removing the inner hangers to see if it will sit lower. Other than that it was easy, I couldn't trim the heat shield on the cat so I just ended up bending it. It looks nasty but it worked
Nice glad to hear everything worked out. I got mine on last night as well and I did use the OEM bolts. For the geatshield around the Cat pipe flange, I took some sheet metal snips and cut it back so it was not in the way, about a quarter inch. Then, from the Cat flange to the mid pipe flange the gaskets went in this order -- OEM gasket, then metal ETS adapter plate, then ETS supplied 3 inch vibrant gasket.I did use all the hangars, and mine sits perfectly center in my difusser cut outs.. Are you sure you don't have one of the muffler hangars turned 90 degrees and you're using the wrong holes for the 2 muffler pegs?
Old Jun 6, 2015, 08:16 AM

Nice glad to hear everything worked out. I got mine on last night as well and I did use the OEM bolts. For the geatshield around the Cat pipe flange, I took some sheet metal snips and cut it back so it was not in the way, about a quarter inch. Then, from the Cat flange to the mid pipe flange the gaskets went in this order -- OEM gasket, then metal ETS adapter plate, then ETS supplied 3 inch vibrant gasket.I did use all the hangars, and mine sits perfectly center in my difusser cut outs.. Are you sure you don't have one of the muffler hangars turned 90 degrees and you're using the wrong holes for the 2 muffler pegs?
Nice and yes I put the hangers the exact way they came off but I'm going to check it out again later