Notices
Evo X How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

Air spoiler ( Tall Wing) Evo X

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2009, 11:18 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air spoiler ( Tall Wing) Evo X

Im trying to install the evo MR wing in my GTS.

I need to know if is present or not something to put the screw located under the cap of the wing base.

Pls if anyone have pics or know if is screwed directly to the hood or i need something else.

Thanks a lot
Old May 4, 2009, 11:22 AM
Evolved Member

You will need to drill extra hole(s).
Old May 4, 2009, 11:24 AM
Evolving Member

i know is marked already in the trunk but what about the screw for the inner side under the cap?

For that one has a part or is just the screw to the trunk?

also i notice is not looks even the base of the spoiler on the trunk can you help me with some close pics to the base of the wing?
Old May 4, 2009, 12:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nelsondevicenci
i know is marked already in the trunk but what about the screw for the inner side under the cap?

For that one has a part or is just the screw to the trunk?

also i notice is not looks even the base of the spoiler on the trunk can you help me with some close pics to the base of the wing?
of course the base is different - don't you have both spoilers? why do you need a pic?

the screw inside the cap goes into a thread that is on the evo's trunk. you'll have to fabricate something on your own.

and this is just me, but...if you're pretending to be an evo, i suggest you give up.
Old May 4, 2009, 12:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by endGameXIII
of course the base is different - don't you have both spoilers? why do you need a pic?

the screw inside the cap goes into a thread that is on the evo's trunk. you'll have to fabricate something on your own.

and this is just me, but...if you're pretending to be an evo, i suggest you give up.

whats wrong with putting some evo parts on a gts? where the love from the evo/lancer community? dont bash someone just cuz they are asking for a little help with an install
Old May 4, 2009, 12:52 PM
Evolving Member

I need to know if is present or not something to put the screw located under the cap of the wing base.

Pls if anyone have pics or know if is screwed directly to the hood or i need something else.

Thanks a lot
did you get a evo wing or did you get a aftermarket one ment for the lancer?
Old May 4, 2009, 03:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Infamous_pt4
did you get a evo wing or did you get a aftermarket one ment for the lancer?

there's nothing wrong putting evo parts on a gts, but there's everything wrong if your goal is trying to be an evo.
Old May 4, 2009, 03:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i got your pm a while back couldnt really understand what you were askin but the bolt that goes under the cap you cant see from the bottom of the trunk. the 3? (pretty sure) that go from the underside up the trunk into the wing, and the one on top goes under that small cap into the trunk

heres what mine looks like when i took it off

but i must say i still am not sure what your fully asking. im here to help if you need me
Old May 4, 2009, 03:54 PM
Evolved Member

Write this in spanish to see if I can understand what you are saying. I think I get the right idea. You are trying to say that it doesn't line up properly?
Old May 4, 2009, 03:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
^^^ is a picture of my driver side or the left side
Old May 4, 2009, 05:17 PM
Evolving Member

there's nothing wrong putting evo parts on a gts, but there's everything wrong if your goal is trying to be an evo.
i see your point,the money youd have to drop on a lancer to even compete with a evo is a waste cuz it would cost more then if you were to buy a evo , there are some evo parts that look good on a gts tho, a mr wing isnt one a them in my opinion but everyone has different tastes , no disrespect i just thought you were trying to bash em cuz he wants to put a mr wing on a gts ,
Old May 4, 2009, 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Infamous_pt4
i see your point,the money youd have to drop on a lancer to even compete with a evo is a waste cuz it would cost more then if you were to buy a evo , there are some evo parts that look good on a gts tho, a mr wing isnt one a them in my opinion but everyone has different tastes , no disrespect i just thought you were trying to bash em cuz he wants to put a mr wing on a gts ,
it's all good like you said, everyone has different tastes.

for the op, the hole in the middle in the pic above is actually a clip of some sort, it's not a screw hole. the one closest to the right is threaded IN the trunk. so i don't know how you are going to overcome that. i'd just get an entirely different wing if i were you. too much for something not-so-original.
Old May 4, 2009, 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

it's all good like you said, everyone has different tastes.

for the op, the hole in the middle in the pic above is actually a clip of some sort, it's not a screw hole. the one closest to the right is threaded IN the trunk. so i don't know how you are going to overcome that. i'd just get an entirely different wing if i were you. too much for something not-so-original.
It's just a stock X spoiler on a GTS. Not very difficult to overcome. The section that is threaded just requires a hole, and a bolt and nut. Thats it. The only thing is you need to be sure you measure everything out first, and make sure it is sitting in the same position as factory.
Old May 4, 2009, 07:28 PM
Evolving Member

OMG... I dont want to be an EVO just i like the spoiler and is a OEM spoiler.

I need a pic to see if is a thread on the trunk or a grommet.

Im just asking is not big deal.

Pls show respect.

And pls i have the ralliart tails and i dont try to be a ralliart....hahahahaha
Old May 4, 2009, 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

Here's a thread I found over on LancerTuners.com awhile back. Basically the author did the exact same thing you wish to accomplish. I hope this helps and good luck.

http://www.lancertuners.com/forums/v...p?f=119&t=4051

Quick Reply: Air spoiler ( Tall Wing) Evo X