Notices
Evo X How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

DIY rear back up camera cable for MMCS Question

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2010, 08:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DIY rear back up camera cable for MMCS Question

Hello, to those of you who bought and installed their aftermarket back-up camera. I got a couple of questions.

How did you guys manage to make the cable for the MMCS head unit? (the 12 pin plug at the back). I know ejlancer was selling some of his homemade cable but he hasn't replied his pm.

Was wondering if you guys can help me with making the cable.
I bought the cables needed for make the cable
-mpc2 to mpc2 cable (the old PC CDROM audio cable)
-phono RCA-in jack/cable
I opened up the mpc2 cable and noticed there are 3 wires (left and right channel + ground), which are needed for the pins at the back of the MMCS head unit (pin 3 & 6 according to ejlander's PDF).

Here is my question, the RCA cable/jack only has 2 wires (video + ground) how would I go about soldering/connecting them to the mpc2 cable? do I solder/connect the video feed on both the red/white wires of the mpc2? or do I pick only one of them?

If anyone happen to have a picture of how their wires/cable are soldered/connected together it would help a bunch!

Also, how did you guys connect the power to the camera? care to share some pictures as well?

Thanks a bunch for reading!
Old Nov 9, 2010, 12:49 AM

I ended up soldering both the white and red line of the mpc2 cable to the phono jack. Hooked it up to the navi, and it works!

Now... to get it installed on the bumper and try and get the wires into the trunk without drilling!

Anyone have success with that?
Old Aug 16, 2011, 12:51 AM

please help - mmcs camera

Originally Posted by gatsu
I ended up soldering both the white and red line of the mpc2 cable to the phono jack. Hooked it up to the navi, and it works!

Now... to get it installed on the bumper and try and get the wires into the trunk without drilling!

Anyone have success with that?

Hi,

Please can you detail me about the camera connection you did. I too have MMCS (40 gb hard disk model) whith the 12 pin connection as said.

Thanks...
Old Aug 22, 2011, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by gatsu
Nice work