Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Evo X vs GT-R

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2011, 09:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lmao!! Not even gonna go through this whole thread, that 5grand part is dumb as crap!!! Hahahaha
Old Jan 24, 2011, 05:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Gt-r is a better car then the X. Simple is that. If you want to compere hooked up X compere it to the equally hooked GT-R too.
The value of the car is never the car fault, besides not a same for every one pocket either...
I like both cars for different reasons.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 06:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Aww man, the pics from post # 1 are gone

Either way, the X and GTR are both amazing cars! I definitely wouldn't mind putting a GTR in my garage eventually.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As much as I agree that the GT-R is better, especially in a slightly modified realm, people have to look at AMS' fleet.

Their GT-R and their evo x both modified heavily ran within .1 or something really close last time around a track both driven by the same guy and the X won.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 11:21 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by murlo26
As much as I agree that the GT-R is better, especially in a slightly modified realm, people have to look at AMS' fleet.

Their GT-R and their evo x both modified heavily ran within .1 or something really close last time around a track both driven by the same guy and the X won.
I'd like to see this same comparison ie, same driver same invested dollar for dollar cars run the 'ring, which is an example of an all out full featured course w/ multiple long straights and tight apexes.
I'm no expert by any means but I predict a very different outcome favoring the GTR.

The Evo is "like", "similar"... , these are association words. By no means is the beloved Evo a contender in a head to head comparison for the GTR.

Sticker price be damned. We don't by evos instead of a GTR because we can spend $90k but don't want to in favor of spending $30-40k plus amount "x" in mods to save money.
I call that Britney Spears!
The fact is the GTR is out of most of our price range or specific needs(eg. 4 drs), so we attempt to bring an evo up to the GTR's stock performance level and then say "it was cheaper and it's like a GTR". In itself that statement verifies GTR >Evo.

Be honest people.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 11:23 AM
Evolved Member

Feel free to call out AMS, I don't give a ****, lol. They are essentially the most most respected Evo and GTR shop in the country I'd say...they don't care which one goes faster.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rashid.4v
Be honest people.
You hit the nail on the head.

stock vs. stock

...and the gap just widens the more you mod the GTR.

Last edited by Kracka; Jan 24, 2011 at 11:32 AM.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 11:31 AM
Evolved Member

Here you go:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...d=102800902880

It was at buttonwillow. Both the cars are not full out race cars by any means. Looks like they both just had really expensive coilover systems. The X had a 2.3L motor with 900x package and the GT-R ran 9's on pump gas...so yea.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 11:39 AM
Evolved Member

Edmunds article/video:

AMS X vs. stock GT-R
http://www.insideline.com/mitsubishi...mprobable.html
Old Jan 24, 2011, 11:41 AM

They are both incredible cars in their own right. I am blessed enough to have both. Obviously, the GT-R is in a league of it's own. But for the price, the Evo is incredible and I am very happy with it. For the doubters...you need to drive a GT-R first to see just how competent of a performer it really is. The car defies physics.

I didn't read the thread since it's probably a waste lol. All I can tell you is that they are both the best of the best in their own price range.
Attached Thumbnails Evo X vs GT-R-evogtr.jpg  
Old Jan 24, 2011, 12:39 PM

i've owned both, and all i really need to say is i pick up my new X this weekend

joe
Old Jan 24, 2011, 12:40 PM
Evolved Member

AMS and their decisions on using the EVO..... we can't ignore the fact that they are a business and making parts for the EVO is good business for them.

Same with the GTR, far less amount of cars sold, however, if you can afford one, you can afford aftermarket parts as well. I don't think companies like AMS will have people knickel and diming them to death like from the EVO fellas/ladies.

In the world of performance, it's funny how there are "standards" or "reasons" when someone/something is "less". We find many people in our community using the whole "add x amount of money into the evo and it will perform as good as a GTR for far less. That in itself is one of the dumbest statements I have seen.

It's used on many forums, always when trying to compare to an all out "BETTER CAR".
Old Jan 24, 2011, 05:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WARRIORVR38DETT
All I can tell you is that they are both the best of the best in their own price range.
That's the way I always looked at it. I haven't had the pleasure of riding in a GTR yet, but it seems to me that in their price ranges you can't go wrong with the two. I hope to pay off the 2 Evos and pick up a used GTR in a few years.

Maybe I can find someone in the DFW that will give me a ride in one.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 05:21 PM
Former Sponsor

you can get a used gt-r at a good price, throw in a tune and you are near 500whp,
Old Jan 24, 2011, 06:40 PM

dealing with 2 different animals here,the evo cant keep up on the top end like teh gtr. if the gtr tries the fast turns in teh woods like the evo,the gtr driver will be picking splinters out of his ***

Quick Reply: Evo X vs GT-R