Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Legal (not limo) tint

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2011, 01:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Legal (not limo) tint

Hey guys, just wanted to post up before and after pic of the tinting I just got done. I wanted to run legal tint on the fronts. While AZ will let you run anything in the backs, I didn't want the tacky look you see on sedans when the back is much darker than the fronts. Went with 35 fronts and 15 rears. Hopefully this helps someone who is debating on if the blacked out look is worth the hassle.
Attached Thumbnails Legal (not limo) tint-tint-before-after.jpg  
Old May 9, 2011, 05:08 AM
Evolving Member

nice i like.
Old May 9, 2011, 01:32 PM
Evolving Member

I was running that tint set up, nothing but hassles from cops. I would get pulled over for tint about 4 times a month until i got fed up with it.

Never gotten pulled over since i took it off. Sometimes its not worth the hassle, especially when you have more to loose if they inspect your car lol.
Old May 9, 2011, 10:06 PM

to be honost ive always like the non tinted look on the x's i think it looks so much cleaner. No hassle by the cops is always a plus
Old May 9, 2011, 10:25 PM
Evolving Member

if i was ever to tint i'd only get 35% all around, it isn't AS noticable, i had a Bright orange MSP and 35% all around didn't get hassled once or anything. car looks pretty good
Old May 9, 2011, 10:33 PM

nice im running something close to that but im running dark in the rear and medium in the front and the cops havent pulled me over yet. i guess it just depends on the area
Old May 10, 2011, 04:01 AM

I'm thinking of tinting my windows also! Haha I also have a RR so It kinda helps seeing Wat it looks like....I think I'm one of the only X owners in my city....I'll post sum pikz up after I do mine...n btw....LOWER THAT THING!!!! it's sitting way too high!!! Hahaha
Old May 11, 2011, 12:55 PM

luckily in PA they cant force you to take off the tint because our lawmakers made this law ambigious so that the cops can get 100 bucks everytime they catch you but thats it. In PA I've always run 5% in rear and 20% fronts. Now this is in my Prelude (Coupe) so the back 2 are small. They just pull you over, say "your windows are too dark" I nod..take the ticket..pay the fine..end of story.

Its worth it IMO to go dark (in PA that is). I just always roll both windows down if I get tagged and keep my hands out the window. Thats the argument they have against tint and I agree..I just go about a pullover the way citizens should..do you really think cop killers say.."hum, I should go get tint so I can murder a cop" probably not.