Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Lowered With Work emotion CR kai 18x9.5 +12

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2008, 10:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gunna wash it and snap some pics
Old Apr 10, 2008, 10:07 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
looks ok. need more pictures
Old Apr 10, 2008, 02:15 PM
Evolving Member

I think youre missing the point of what I'm saying. If you had no intention to lower your car more than that, you could've achieved the perfect stance with just +20-+22.
But now you have a rear wheel sticking out. And have to add more camber, which is detrimental to your pockets ($) and performance in the future.
If you had a lipped wheel I could understand wanting a 1/2" lip more on the wheel. But the face of this wheel does not change at all.

That being said, its your car, and Work Emo's always look good.

Last edited by Paikman GTR; Apr 10, 2008 at 02:53 PM.
Old Apr 12, 2008, 12:44 PM
Evolved Member

Please post more pics! I love those wheels. I also hate the "mexi-slam" so ignore the negative responses and post pics!
Old Apr 13, 2008, 01:24 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Paikman GTR
I think youre missing the point of what I'm saying. If you had no intention to lower your car more than that, you could've achieved the perfect stance with just +20-+22.
But now you have a rear wheel sticking out. And have to add more camber, which is detrimental to your pockets ($) and performance in the future.
If you had a lipped wheel I could understand wanting a 1/2" lip more on the wheel. But the face of this wheel does not change at all.

That being said, its your car, and Work Emo's always look good.
Your just mad you could never even dream of putting +12's on your STi. The perfect stance is different in everyones eyes. There his wheels, and he wanted +12, the end.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 07:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evo-L
Your just mad you could never even dream of putting +12's on your STi. The perfect stance is different in everyones eyes. There his wheels, and he wanted +12, the end.
Wow, i thought u were pretty coo too, ur shop car has good fitment.
Also you contradicted yourself, as I was just stating my own opinion(of a perfect stance). I don't have to dick ride like everyone else.
Uh sorry to burst the bubble, but i had these wheels, 4 years ago, on my S14. But hey, ill take your advice and go dream of a mexi-flush EvoX =)

18x9.5 +12 all the way around, 25 mm spacer front, 30 rear
30mm wide front fenders, 1.5" pulled rear fenders.
effective offset :
18x9.5 -13 F
18x9.5 -18 R

Last edited by Paikman GTR; Apr 13, 2008 at 07:28 PM.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 08:38 PM
Former Sponsor

Also you contradicted yourself, as I was just stating my own opinion(of a perfect stance). I don't have to dick ride like everyone else.
Uh sorry to burst the bubble, but i had these wheels, 4 years ago, on my S14. But hey, ill take your advice and go dream of a mexi-flush EvoX =)

effective offset :
18x9.5 -13 F
18x9.5 -18 R
That car is sick. I was referring to the +12's on the STi, Im aware you can put much more aggressive wheels on other cars. You dont like his wheels, thats fine. I bet you will like the wheels I have coming 18x10 Blue Meisters

Also, when he posts better pictures, they will look a lot better.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 08:40 PM
Evolving Member

effective offset :
18x9.5 -13 F
18x9.5 -18 R
you're retarded go drive your sti wishing it was an evo or an X.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 10:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by version 2 beta
?
I don't understand why the car I drive has any play in this. I daily drove an Evo IX for about half a year, that's the car YOU wish you had..but I don't need to bring that up right? As I posted, i'm not "jealous" of anything from the evo camp, i think they're awesome cars..wheel fitment either way i've done way more extreme then both chassis' can do on RWD cars.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 10:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
F'ing sweet man.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 11:18 PM
Account Disabled

effective offset :
18x9.5 -13 F
18x9.5 -18 R
That car is sick. I was referring to the +12's on the STi, Im aware you can put much more aggressive wheels on other cars. You dont like his wheels, thats fine. I bet you will like the wheels I have coming 18x10 Blue Meisters

Also, when he posts better pictures, they will look a lot better.

Like paikman said, what is the point of +12s unless you do love the Mexi-Flush. hahah. I bet you anything you thought you were get more concave face but instead got owned.

?
I don't understand why the car I drive has any play in this. I daily drove an Evo IX for about half a year, that's the car YOU wish you had..but I don't need to bring that up right? As I posted, i'm not "jealous" of anything from the evo camp, i think they're awesome cars..wheel fitment either way i've done way more extreme then both chassis' can do on RWD cars.
Version 2 Beta = Epic Fail. Paikman's STi costs more then the X, he could have gotten one if he wanted too. You're just another lemming on the board who tried to hate simply because he didn't have an Evo. Instead he exposed he flipped it on you like B Rabbit did to Papa Doc. By the way, how was the "supercharged R33 from the dealer?" >__>

you pushing an evo now?

I owned an r33 when i lived in japan... It was nice... carbon hood no wing... white also... and something that you've prob never heard of... a supercharged RB from the dealer...
The reason He, and everyone else, never heard of it was because Nissan never offered a supercharged RB from the dealer.

Originally Posted by AMSTuning.com
Rather than spend hours getting into this story, AGAIN, let me give you some of the short version.

Carlos, AKA betty on DC Evo Club, is a DTM *****. He's all about bashing any shop other than DTM, which is all well and good.

The wires were not soldered. They were completely wrapped in tape, and there was NEVER any comment made before about moving some brake line and now a leak...all new to me.

Carlos left his car with us for a week or so, and each time he called, he added more parts to his list. The work was done as requested, and there were no complaints from either side. Carlos took the car to GT Live and his poorly made Weapon R intake manifold blew out....big shocker. Upon removing the part, Carlos found a bolt missing. The bolts were in the car when it left. The car was put together properly. Maybe beating on it at GT Live caused a bolt to fall out, maybe the manifold blowing caused it...but the car left in a proper, completed state.

Carlos sent me an email saying he would do all he could to ensure no one ever came to our shop, and he would bad mouth us every chance he got. I told him to swing by the shop and we'll see what the problem was. We apologized for not soldering those wires. We offered to fix it, but he passed. He then asked if we would build him a stroker motor. I explained that after his email explaining his intensions of bad mouthing us, I thought it would be best if he went elsewhere. A car that he plans to race in time attack events will be pushed to the limits, and if he is so upset about us not soldering a wire, and he plans to ruin our reputation due to that, I would hate to hear his repsonse should he blow a motor...which would be blaimed on the builder of course.

So there's all sorts of shouting back and forth, and lots of comments how we suck and DTM is great. We stand behind our work, and we're happy to help out where we can, and we'll gladly admit if we make a mistake. If Carlos wasn't such a child and crying about his plan to take us down with his insults, we would have been happy to help him out. But as stated, it was better for us to send him on his way.

So flame away.

Cory
Version 2 Beta aka Carlos aka Betty aka Crying Child aka Brian Spilner blowing the welds of the weapon r intake manifold,
People have skeletons, you have a damn cemetary in your closet.

Another nub bites the dust~!

Last edited by Sky Evo X; Apr 13, 2008 at 11:53 PM.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 07:35 PM
Evolving Member

RB20DE... educate yourself.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 07:57 PM
Evolving Member

I had a 650whp evo before you even joined! sit down son you should show some respect to your father....

LMAO!
Old May 13, 2008, 09:10 PM
Evolved Member

Car looks amazing with those wheels, and tires look like you got the stretched fit going. Excellent choice!!!