Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Eibach Multi-Pro R2 w/ Vorshlag Plates

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2010, 04:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow you got your sh*t backwards...the first set were horrible.... The first set were the ones with the custom rates..... The second set were a generic redesigned set with those crappy 440/350 or whatever rates you guys recommend. Anyone will tell you this car performs better with a stiffer rear. Before I went ahead and purchased these coilover I did some research...and spoke to a rep from your company and I was told that you use koni 8611 internals... If this were not true why am I not the only one to hear this so called rumor...? When I spoke to Brent that was before he'd even sent out the second set. He seemed very confused because he couldn't seem to convert k's to lbs....I was very upset to find out the second set didn't come with the rates I ordered....but no biggie I just switched the springs out. By the way at no point was I offered a revalve for the higher rates! I would have gladly paid 170 a corner for a revalve but since I was already under the impression that they were koni 8611's and a revalve I knew were not neccesary for those. Regardless the fit on the second set were still horrendous. And cmon.... Do you really think we took those pics with the plates not totally tightened! Cmon!!! You must be kidding! I have no reason to lie. And in my post I did say they were not bad coilovers an still preform well but the fit is def not perfect. And don't throw this " oh why didn't you go jdm " that's just being plain stupid. Ohlins, jrz, kw or penske....are the way to go if you want fitment to be perfect with great valving.... Eibach at the end of the day doesn't hit the mark. We live we learn....I'll tell you what I'll box up Both sets u sent me and how bout you give me a full refund? How's that sound?

Originally Posted by tr3flip
Don,
I talked with the person in R&D you spoke with regarding your "issue." He's actually very suprised you would go and make a post like this after you called us saying everything was cool and the coilovers were great. He even offered to send you special rates after you tried our off-the-shelf rates. What's the issue? We sent you an entirely new set of 2 way adjustable coilovers at no charge just to make you, the customer, happy. And from our stand point, you were happy!

We had no problems with fitment on our end. Did anyone else running this set up have an issue with reservoirs hitting cv joints? From the pictures you sent of your coilovers at full droop it looked like the top hats were not even mounted yet.

Also, the internals are not Koni. No one here at Eibach uses the word "Koni" to describe any of our dampers. The coilovers are made and assembled in house by the R&D department. You must have spoke to another company or person outside of Eibach regarding this Koni rumor.

Between me and you, if you are unhappy with the coilovers, why don't you try something different? I'm sure you could run one of those cool JDM coilovers that don't offer rebuilding/revalving services in the states.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 08:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EVOXTIMES
Wow you got your sh*t backwards...the first set were horrible.... The first set were the ones with the custom rates..... The second set were a generic redesigned set with those crappy 440/350 or whatever rates you guys recommend. Anyone will tell you this car performs better with a stiffer rear. Before I went ahead and purchased these coilover I did some research...and spoke to a rep from your company and I was told that you use koni 8611 internals... If this were not true why am I not the only one to hear this so called rumor...? When I spoke to Brent that was before he'd even sent out the second set. He seemed very confused because he couldn't seem to convert k's to lbs....I was very upset to find out the second set didn't come with the rates I ordered....but no biggie I just switched the springs out. By the way at no point was I offered a revalve for the higher rates! I would have gladly paid 170 a corner for a revalve but since I was already under the impression that they were koni 8611's and a revalve I knew were not neccesary for those. Regardless the fit on the second set were still horrendous. And cmon.... Do you really think we took those pics with the plates not totally tightened! Cmon!!! You must be kidding! I have no reason to lie. And in my post I did say they were not bad coilovers an still preform well but the fit is def not perfect. And don't throw this " oh why didn't you go jdm " that's just being plain stupid. Ohlins, jrz, kw or penske....are the way to go if you want fitment to be perfect with great valving.... Eibach at the end of the day doesn't hit the mark. We live we learn....I'll tell you what I'll box up Both sets u sent me and how bout you give me a full refund? How's that sound?
I'll have someone from Eibach contact you. We will need atleast one of those sets back.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 03:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tr3flip
I'll have someone from Eibach contact you. We will need atleast one of those sets back.
Really so no refund.... Wow that's surprising! Lol joke for a company.....Eibach a company who stands by thier product! When I'm done mixing and matching the sets you gave me....and get back from my vacation....I'll let you know when you can pick them up....last time I deal with Eibach for sure....and ill make sure everyone else on every forum knows how Eibach deal with problems with thier products.
Old Jul 3, 2010, 11:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOXTIMES
Really so no refund.... Wow that's surprising! Lol joke for a company.....Eibach a company who stands by thier product! When I'm done mixing and matching the sets you gave me....and get back from my vacation....I'll let you know when you can pick them up....last time I deal with Eibach for sure....and ill make sure everyone else on every forum knows how Eibach deal with problems with thier products.
sounds like you had quiet a good time with Eibach, I hope everything turns out well for you!
Old Jul 4, 2010, 12:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jackygor
sounds like you had quiet a good time with Eibach, I hope everything turns out well for you!
+1 , hate when vendors think they can screw the customers
Old Jul 4, 2010, 07:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by dj_rock101
+1 , hate when vendors think they can screw the customers

Well i wouldn't judge that, so easy here...
Since we are the third person, and we wasn't there when the coilovers was installed neither when they made them not even when they got customized and ordered.
So far what we see in my opinion, one guy frustrated the other one try to help on the product issue.

It is a definitely a good heads up for having an issue . But i dont see any problem with a customer care , a way he described it and the posts above from the vendor, in my opinion.

I had couple of different cars with Eibach. And being honest i never had any issue with them, even in racing or a longer period of time. Most was around 1 and a half year. which is a lot in my book.. LOL'

anyway it is sad to see some one has a problem with Eibach..

ps. i would put the reservoirs in the trunk face up. Much safer and easier to reach.
Also the front ones in my opinion must be placed away from the turbo heat. somewhere as close as to the front of the car.

Rob
Old Feb 24, 2014, 01:19 PM

Reviving this thread as I use these on my Evo.

Install was a breeze. I had ZERO fitment issues. (Also had help from two master mechanics)

They ride a little different than the Ohlins I had on before but I love them still. They handle VERY nicely after some adjustment is made.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 02:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveEvo91
Reviving this thread as I use these on my Evo.

Install was a breeze. I had ZERO fitment issues. (Also had help from two master mechanics)

They ride a little different than the Ohlins I had on before but I love them still. They handle VERY nicely after some adjustment is made.

Resurrect!!!!

Curious on your thoughts between the two coilovers. Monotubes are really the way to go, but i'm curious on any differences in valving/feel between the two.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 02:58 AM

I gotta say I was really impressed with the quality of the hardware on these things. Great quality springs, spring perches, etc. Really looking forward to hearing what you think when you put them on.
Nox Vidmate VLC