Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Camber bolt Question!

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2013, 11:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Camber bolt Question!

I've been so busy every weekend so I decided to bring my car to a local shop to install the lowering springs. The suspension was fine. No noise, no clunking so I'm happy, but I noticed a few things. I swear these shops never get things done right 100%.

I will bring the car in for an alignment tomorrow, and I need some confirmation .

1. Camber bolts are reversed on each side. The driver side has the red dot inward, and the passenger side has the red dot outward. Meaning the camber is different on each side. If the red dot is inward, the camber is around -1. Correct?

2. Is the camber bolt supposed to line up perfect with the bump below? Mine doesn't line up perfect. Looks like there's some room to turn the bolt? Is this for adjustment?

3. Does it matter what the orientation of the rear shock is? There are 2 ways it can be installed.

Here's pix of the camber bolt on the passenger side.

Old May 24, 2013, 03:05 PM
Evolving Member

I don't think the red dot signify anything. Red markings are for dealership to make sure the parts are not taken off by customer which will void warranty.. There are red markings on majority bolts on the car.
Old May 24, 2013, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Gqracer
I don't think the red dot signify anything. Red markings are for dealership to make sure the parts are not taken off by customer which will void warranty.. There are red markings on majority bolts on the car.
No, the red dot is the direction of the arrow on the bolt. If the red dot is inward, camber is set to -1. If you flip it 180 degrees, the red dot will be outward and the camber will be -2.