Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Hello All

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2006, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

^^^ Seriously, what's the point? You made an *** out of yourself with that long drawn out equation and now they are laughing at you. Just leave it be, we do not need this thread to turn into a evo vs. camaro.
Old Jun 27, 2006, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mr Fo Pow
Wow. Do some research. Last time I checked, "Crazy beast" engine'd LS1's were running 10's

Would you also like to call bs on my WS6 dynoing 375 rwhp on GM internals and stock headers?

The video of the EVO with 5k in mods I assram tomorrow will be dedicated to you
I did. Stock z28's are running mid-high 13's stock. With a couple boltons low 13's definitely but low 12's? Like I said there is more to the puzzle.
Old Jun 27, 2006, 12:53 PM
Rnm
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SKILMATIC
First off, I only tell you from personal experience. Tell them hi back. For you to make a thread all about me just tells me alot about your car community. Second of all, I ma glad you made low 12's with a car that has double my cylinders twice the displacement and that is also modded. I am trapping higher than you with half your engine with better et's on STOCK tires dude. Welcome to the evo community. South coast mitsu is taking trade ins now.
You forget he has heads/cam now. With his driving ability, I'd say its a safe bet he is in the 11's by now, possibly 10's if he decides to use nitrous.
Old Jun 27, 2006, 12:56 PM
Rnm
Evolved Member

I did. Stock z28's are running mid-high 13's stock. With a couple boltons low 13's definitely but low 12's? Like I said there is more to the puzzle.
Depends on the motor. LT1's are good for low 14's, but LS1's have hit low 13's bone stock trapping 105-107mph depending on conditions. Helps to know what they are capable of when you got buddies that own them.
Old Jun 27, 2006, 12:56 PM
Evolving Member

funny thread.
Old Jun 27, 2006, 12:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Arithmetic
^^^ Seriously, what's the point? You made an *** out of yourself with that long drown out equation and now they are laughing at you. Just leave it be, we do not need this thread to turn into a evo vs. camaro.
What equation arithmetic? It is simple math really. A car that is much heavier and that is not rwd with not much more hp than the evo will trap at either the same speeds or slower and with a lower et.

What dont you understand about that?

Like I said I am not doubting his time just doubting what he told us he has done to it. I have seen camoras run 8sec quarters before. I am not doubting it can be a fast car. But with 365rwhp and is heavier than the evo and it isnt awd it will not et that low. That is simple arithmetic dude.

There are more mods there than what he is telling us. I have seen too many camaros run to beleive that balogna.
Old Jun 27, 2006, 12:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Rnm
You forget he has heads/cam now. With his driving ability, I'd say its a safe bet he is in the 11's by now, possibly 10's if he decides to use nitrous.
Yes that is something he didnt mention originally. Well at least I didnt see it. So now that is more beleiveable.
Old Jun 27, 2006, 01:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Rnm
Depends on the motor. LT1's are good for low 14's, but LS1's have hit low 13's bone stock trapping 105-107mph depending on conditions. Helps to know what they are capable of when you got buddies that own them.
Likewise. I know a guy with a ss and a guy with a z28 both are more powerful than this guys and both are running around 12flat. I eat them alive in the 1/8. On the freeway it isnt that easy.
Old Jun 27, 2006, 01:03 PM

I said cam and headers, I'm still on the stock heads. I just did a cam swap and the accompanying parts for it. My car weighs in at 3505 with me in it, 3365 without me. It's not as heavy as you think.

And don't try the whole displacement issue. You have a FI motor with AWD, that changes alot of things.

Last edited by Roarin_8; Jun 27, 2006 at 01:05 PM.
Old Jun 27, 2006, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

Exclamation

What equation arithmetic?
Sorry for confusing you with my math terms, I mean when you went on about how 'it's probably not his timeslips', or 'probably not his dynosheets', or he has some 'crazy engine swap', and the fact you only believe what 'you see'. That is called "reaching".
Old Jun 27, 2006, 01:07 PM
Rnm
Evolved Member

Whoops, my mistake, but yeah it still seems believable you could hit those times. LS1's respond really well to mods as well.
Old Jun 27, 2006, 01:11 PM

It's the converter and drag radials, I took a full second off my ET with those 2 items 13.2 to 12.2 with 313rwhp. I don't know where it is now as far at ET and MPH, the only info I have now is that it currently sits at 365rwhp.
Old Jun 27, 2006, 01:13 PM

Likewise. I know a guy with a ss and a guy with a z28 both are more powerful than this guys and both are running around 12flat. I eat them alive in the 1/8. On the freeway it isnt that easy.

Are those cars autos or manuals? A stall changes alot of things.
Old Jun 27, 2006, 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Arithmetic
Sorry for confusing you with my math terms, I mean when you went on about how 'it's probably not his timeslips', or 'probably not his dynosheets', or he has some 'crazy engine swap', and the fact you only believe what 'you see'. That is called "reaching".
What can I say? I am a skeptic. seeing is beleiving dude. I dont know about you but blind dates usually dont work for a reason hahahaha.

Sorry thats just the way I am. A matter of fact mathematics is what concluded my notions. I think you can at least respect that.
Old Jun 27, 2006, 01:20 PM

What can I say? I am a skeptic. seeing is beleiving dude. I dont know about you but blind dates usually dont work for a reason hahahaha.

Sorry thats just the way I am. A matter of fact mathematics is what concluded my notions. I think you can at least respect that.

That's why I also posted the vids as well.

This site should help you understand as well, my stall has an STR of 2.55

http://www.converter.cc/techtalk/tech.htm

Quick Reply: Hello All