Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

apexi power intake- it comes with heatshield and do u really need to install with it?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2007, 03:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by boostinjuice
could have saved money buy gettin a drop in and you would have heard anything you want.. turbo, bov.. whatever..
Not true! a drop in will not let you hear anything more than a stock filter will. If you want sound you have to go to an open element filter like the Buschur,etc.
Old Jan 26, 2007, 03:17 PM
Evolved Member

You're wrong, wrong, and wrong again. YOu haven't learned anything in the whole time you've been here.
PROVE IT I M WORNG. YOU ARE THE KINDA OF GUY WHO ONLY TALK~ AND U MUST HAVE VERY THIN EARS. why am i wrong? give me some logical theory or something~
i m the kinda guy who like to think for a moment on everything when i'm modding
Old Jan 26, 2007, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by yesevo
been there done that. u dont hear s h it with k & n drop in filter. it s just not worth it to try~ like i told u before . the size of air entrance (air scoop) is the problem~~~~~~~~

Yea considering it enters that HUGE inlet in the stock turbo compressor housing....Think about it for a second.
Old Jan 26, 2007, 03:22 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
This is the best thread since yesevo's last! It gets even better when one considers that yesevo purchsed the intake due to its heatshield in the first place.
Old Jan 26, 2007, 03:24 PM
Evolved Member

Yea considering it enters that HUGE inlet in the stock turbo compressor housing....Think about it for a second
what do u mean?
i think i got it what u saying but need more detail
Old Jan 26, 2007, 03:24 PM
Evolved Member

i love these kinds of threads... i wish there was a celebrity deathmatch that could be held between Warr and the forces against him....
Old Jan 26, 2007, 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
PROVE IT I M WORNG. YOU ARE THE KINDA OF GUY WHO ONLY TALK~ AND U MUST HAVE VERY THIN EARS. why am i wrong? give me some logical theory or something~
You act like you just thought this up all the sudden despite the fact we've been talking about this crap for YEARS!!! You are completely clueless and have apparently not learned one thing this whole time you've been a member except for one thing, which is that you can MAKE WHOOSH NOISES WITH AN INTAKE!! Yay!!

The stock intake flows very well, and the snorkel is NOT too small. Sucking in air from "360 degrees" does not make it magically better. Open-air filters CAN flow more air, but it is a minimal difference in power, plus it does NOT get force-fed cold air from OUTSIDE the engine bay. You are getting random air supply, most of which is from the hot engine bay, and it's all mainly for noise. There is an Evo making 582whp on the 100% stock intake, but here you are worried about making noise on your Evo that is going to have 340whp at most...
Old Jan 26, 2007, 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

The heatshield goes on top of the filter, or you wouldn't be able to get the mounting screws in . And there is nothing wrong with it, i have used mine since day 1.

He's not going to waste his time giving you some long explanation because it's just a huge waste of time. You're very wrong with your theories, and like he said, odviously you don't learn anything on here, SO WHY BOTHER?
Old Jan 26, 2007, 03:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FJF
This is the best thread since yesevo's last! It gets even better when one considers that yesevo purchsed the intake due to its heatshield in the first place.
Wow, that says it all right there. He purchased this intake BECAUSE of the heatshield, and now he's trying to find out if he can get rid of the heatshield. Unbelievable...
Old Jan 26, 2007, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

yeah i like that kinda of heatshield. where it blocks all the way around from air filter. but when u take a look on apexi heatshield, it is a joke. only underneat of air filter has heatshield. it just dont make sense. because the underneat of air filter why u need heatshield for? i like to have heatshield where it blocks all the way around~
Old Jan 26, 2007, 03:28 PM

is this guy serious or just likes to drive everyone mad
Old Jan 26, 2007, 03:29 PM
Evolving Member

why dont you guys have some hater-aid with you hater-tots! chill out on this guy, hes just asking a ?
Old Jan 26, 2007, 03:30 PM
Evolving Member

it had CLASSIC WOOSH SOUND.

hahahha good luck!
Old Jan 26, 2007, 03:31 PM

Im saying that you shouldn't worry about the size of the OEM intake inlet. As long as it's not obstructed by anything, its going to get the air it needs. Consider the size of the stock turbo's inlet in comparrison. The air is FORCED through the compressor housing not entering anywhere near atmospheric pressure like NA cars.
Old Jan 26, 2007, 03:33 PM
Evolved Member

Oh and btw guys, i made a thread about this if you want to search for it; but the Apex'i power intake is proven to flow just as much air as the HKS RS intake, while also being the best filtering intake out there; which is more than HKS can say about their unit.

ALSO the Apex'i Power filter is specifically designed to flow in a way as to not disrupt MAF readings, you can read the whole tech article in the paperwork that comes with it... My car ran fine with this intake on before a tune, and now after tuning still works just fine...

As far as i'm concerned, it is the best intake available for the Evo... YES, better than stock

Quick Reply: apexi power intake- it comes with heatshield and do u really need to install with it?