Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Evo or TT MKIV Supra

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2010, 02:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks to everyone for the replies.
Old May 31, 2010, 03:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
EVO EVO EVO! You really can't compare an AWD car to a RWD. For a daily driver I'm sure you will be looking for something that handles well and can take corners at decent speeds. Supras aren't really known for being the best handling cars, good for mainly straight lines as far as having high power. You will be looking at reaching in deep to get either to have high power so think about how a 500-600 whp evo and supra will handle on the streets daily.
Old May 31, 2010, 03:17 PM
Evolved Member

Maybe i missed it but what are you going to do with the car? DD, weekend car, track car( drag, rr). Do you have a second car to drive?
Old May 31, 2010, 03:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by erald01
you can have a low 10 sec evo for the money to buy a stock supra

Very true that is the reason I got hooked on evos so much. AWD, great stock power, 15k in mods your car will be a beast!

-Justin
Old May 31, 2010, 03:33 PM

Anyone who buys a supra that makes anywhere near huge power will have upgrade suspension = much better handling. that being said the supra stock was hitting .98g on the skidpad back in 1993 so even stock it still had awesome handling. Really just comes down to budget you will be able to have a built evo8 for the price of a stock tt. Both built will be awesome but the supra can be wayyy faster. Also if its your daily the evo is the obvious choice.
Old May 31, 2010, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by kreionic
Maybe i missed it but what are you going to do with the car? DD, weekend car, track car( drag, rr). Do you have a second car to drive?
It will be a DD/Track car. Mostly a very fast DD car that is reasonably reliable.
Old May 31, 2010, 04:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Track or Drag strip? And I've never owned a Supra, and you are asking an Evo forum.

I would identify the following:
Type of track use: AutoX, Drag, HPDE, Rally, Other
Budget
Power Goals
Alternative needs: DD, (commute? winter?)

I would go drive em both if you can. I knew the Evo was for me when I got behind the wheel.
Old May 31, 2010, 04:12 PM
Evolving Member

both are reliable...both can be DD...2jz-TT can make 5xxwhp on stock turbos with right setup... Traction can be had with BIG Drags.... Its all on your Preference...Supra will always get a better WOW factor than a EVO IMO....
Supra Has more Potential(For HUGE #s Example 700whp stock motor) IMO...and Evo has a great platform and can fit 5....
Its a personal preferance thing...
Old May 31, 2010, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by dave_evolvix
Track or Drag strip? And I've never owned a Supra, and you are asking an Evo forum.

I would identify the following:
Type of track use: AutoX, Drag, HPDE, Rally, Other
Budget
Power Goals
Alternative needs: DD, (commute? winter?)

I would go drive em both if you can. I knew the Evo was for me when I got behind the wheel.
More of a Drag car but very ocasionally for the track. I know i am asking on an evo forum, just seeing if anyone here has any feedback. Also asking on here since i had my mind set on an evo for so long.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 07:05 AM

Anyone ever own a tt supra on here or driven one?
Old Jun 1, 2010, 07:12 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by awdturbopsi
Anyone ever own a tt supra on here or driven one?
I've driven one before . The tt supra that I was looking at buying before I got the evo was a '94 TT 6spd. with 100k original miles for only $18k . The owner took great care of it , but had litte knowledge of how high he could have sold it for , it was just a BPU supra ( intake , exhaust , fmic, bc) and pulled really strong for what it had. I still today question myself the " what if " I went with the supra instead of the evo. Only thing that strayed me away from getting the car was the miles on it.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 07:22 AM
Evolved Member

just a question,

have you thought about a NSX? The cars have come down so much in price, you cant begin to understand the handling side of that car until you drive one, especially with some nice tires on it and some basic mods.....

You will always get the wow factor and the cars can make some good usuable power and they are very light.....

I am just waiting for the right NSX at this point and I will be swapping out the evo for it....

I have driven a supra and while they have the wow factor and can be built to insane levels, there is a balance of too much power for a rwd car.... there are people that are driving around on this forum with 700 and I know of 2-3 people that are dd with up to 1,000.

the awd factor is awesome and i found the evo to be much more comfortable. My friend said his supra has been good for the reliability of it and I have never seen it in the shop other than when he is getting mods done.

anything can become un reliable once modded or owned by someone who just abuses the heck out of it.

good luck with your choice
Old Jun 1, 2010, 07:24 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Winter is a big deciding factor I mean if you spend 30k or more on a supra are you gonna wanna risk driving it in the snow? An the type of raceing you do will matter a lot naturlly a evo would wreck on a auto x or circut set up an supra rape in drag all on you man good luck
Old Jun 1, 2010, 07:27 AM
Evolved Member

might I add that you can buy a 03 evo for 14-16k

most supras are being sold for 25-40...

You could put a stroker motor in the evo - turbo kit - built head on the lowest cost savings...

otherwise you can fully build an evo from motor to turbo and trans n t case to the cost of a semi modded supra with low miles.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 10:47 AM

Get the GTErrr

Quick Reply: Evo or TT MKIV Supra