Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Evo or TT MKIV Supra

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2010, 02:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo or TT MKIV Supra?

I had my mind set on getting an evo but after seeing how munch potential the supra has i am starting to second guess myself. Can anyone on here Please give your opinions and feedback as to the pros and cons of both cars as well as any experiences good or bad they have had with Turbo Supras.

Thanks
Old May 30, 2010, 03:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well,they are totally different cars..So,it really depends on what you are trying to do with the car...If you want to make huge power,and have deep pockets..Get the Supra..But, you are asking this in a Evo forum..So i am assuming most will say evo..Good luck either way..Justin
Old May 30, 2010, 03:08 PM

Yes, i am trying to make huge power but also need it to be most reliable as a Daily Driver.
Old May 30, 2010, 03:09 PM
Evolved Member

like STWHY said, two COMPLETElY different cars. High horsepower, lots of money, and another car to drive on the daily while its being built, then supra.

evo can make huge power with deep pockets but still drive in all weather and fit 5 people if need be.

supra has awesome tranny, great for drag. both have proven engines. supras are older may be harder/more expensive to find parts for. these are just some things to think about.

as I tell anyone, you should decide what you want to do with the car, what it will be used for regularly, what can you afford, and what power goals do you have. then make a decision.

that being said, if i could have a totally reliable, low mileage clean supra, my evo would be gone in a sec. gl with whatever decision you make
Old May 30, 2010, 03:10 PM

Anyone ever owned a TT Supra. If so how are they in the reliability department with lots of power put into them? Do they break alot?
Old May 30, 2010, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by boostedtres
like STWHY said, two COMPLETElY different cars. High horsepower, lots of money, and another car to drive on the daily while its being built, then supra.

evo can make huge power with deep pockets but still drive in all weather and fit 5 people if need be.

supra has awesome tranny, great for drag. both have proven engines. supras are older may be harder/more expensive to find parts for. these are just some things to think about.

as I tell anyone, you should decide what you want to do with the car, what it will be used for regularly, what can you afford, and what power goals do you have. then make a decision.

that being said, if i could have a totally reliable, low mileage clean supra, my evo would be gone in a sec. gl with whatever decision you make
Thanks for the input
Old May 30, 2010, 03:23 PM
Evolving Member

Supra's are VERY expensive to build. why i went with the evo. i would still get rid of my evo any day for the right Supra though
Old May 30, 2010, 03:26 PM
Evolved Member

you can have a low 10 sec evo for the money to buy a stock supra
Old May 30, 2010, 08:06 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
Cheap.
Fast.
Reliable.

Pick two.

Also, remember that any idiot can go fast in a straight line.
Old May 30, 2010, 08:40 PM
Evolving Member

Both are great cars. Evo has AWD while the supra got RWD. both are great. To be honest bro it's your choice. Do you want to drive a car that others like and realized it isn't the right one for you or a car that you can really have pride in. Seems like you can still get OEM parts for an evo. I'm not sure where you can get OEM supra parts etc. if you wanted something fixed or whatever lol. I love both cars and they both have a lot of potential. Ask yourself what car is right for you. Either way they both turn heads and can eat up v8's all day x]
Old May 30, 2010, 10:08 PM

Have you drove both cars for a long distance. My friend work for Toyota and was impress with my EVO 8. Gl on your choice.
Old May 31, 2010, 08:53 AM
Evolving Member

PM, Suprastar..And ask him..He has both....Gl..justin
Old May 31, 2010, 09:05 AM
Evolved Member

i've owned both and i can say evo is alot more enjoyable car..... with the supra you are constantly chasing the "traction rabbit" but they are very reliable cars. supras that break are often stupidily abused. trunk is somewat usuable but rear seats are quite cramp. dated interior and muscle car-like handling.... quite a boring car to drive until you go WOT. theres a reason why supra guys mod for power so much, because its all they have to live for...

evo guys do alot more handling mods etc because its a fun car even when you arent beating the **** out of it.

Last edited by mifesto; May 31, 2010 at 09:08 AM.
Old May 31, 2010, 09:12 AM
Evolved Member

To build a high hp Supra requires a lot of money on top of the purchase price of Supra's, which is high because they are rare so people want ridiculous money for them. When you get into high hp you run into traction issues.

If I had a choice to build an Evo or Supra, I would choose Evo. With the Evo, you can reach 550awhp on a stock frame turbo (FP Black). That is a ton of power and with all the right supporting mods and tune, it is capable of being a 9 sec car and also a daily driver. You will always have traction and can be driven all year round. To quote someone above.."any idiot can drive fast in a straight line."
Old May 31, 2010, 09:23 AM
Evolving Member

there's no bottom end work required on 2jz so what you guys saying supras are more expensive to build? I own 94 na-t, and I love it, but im in the market for tt because their trannies are bulletproof, I have changed 2 already on my na-t.

Quick Reply: Evo or TT MKIV Supra