Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

New guy in the bay area

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2011, 09:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New guy in the bay area

Hi all Just bought an 03 evo that needs some work, transfer case and possibly a bottom end, just trying to figure it out, The car is intended use is for a daily driver for me and a track car for my wife. I have a time attack miata and have been building cars for road racing for 7 years now, as well as hot rods. I joined here to learn more about these awesome cars that I don't know anything about. Im looking forward to sharing knowledge with all of you. Will anyone be at Infineon next weekend with NASA? Ill be there running a E36 IP car getting ready for the 25 hours at thunder hill. It would be great to meet some local guys if your around. I would love to get a ride is now different cars with different set ups. I thinking for now of replacing all the bushings, KW v3, or moton club sports "if they make them" and some nt01 take offs since all my bmw friends run the same size tires they would be free anytime I needed them. Not to concerned with power for now, the car has a 20g turbo on it, I build custom intake and turbo manifolds if I decide to go crazy, and I have some new 1200cc injectors laying around that I may through in to run E85, But I'm still trying to figure out the evo scan and Ecu flash programs right now. I have experience with stand alone systems and GM lsx stuff so I'm not completely in the dark but everything is in a different place so I'm just getting use to it, I guess I just need to wire the LC1 into my 2nd o2 right now and I should be good to go. But my knock sensor is picking up some crazy knock anytime I'm above 2800 rpm and is pulling lots of timing. Its making the car a pain to drive its has no power once that starts happening.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 09:56 PM

Awesome, welcome! I'm from the Bay too! It's cool how you have track experience, I always had an interest in tracking. Hopefully looking forward to running into you at some local meets or even on the streets.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 10:49 PM
Evolving Member

Were you also on NorCalRoadsters?
Old Sep 18, 2011, 10:53 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
Welcome, check out Evo Empire forums for local discussions.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 03:04 PM

Smile

Originally Posted by gotkamote
Awesome, welcome! I'm from the Bay too! It's cool how you have track experience, I always had an interest in tracking. Hopefully looking forward to running into you at some local meets or even on the streets.
Took the lancer as well and am from the bay. UFO Norcal autox is great, you should check that out.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 05:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Anonymouse
Were you also on NorCalRoadsters?
No I am over at miataturbo often, my time attack.car is a miata.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 05:54 AM

welcome from boston ma
Old Sep 21, 2011, 07:43 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gotpsi?
No I am over at miataturbo often, my time attack.car is a miata.
Oh ok just asking since that was a local Miata forum.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 11:53 PM
Evolving Member

Found more damage than I hoped for today, spun rod bearing. So its time to build a motor, I'm feeling the 2.3 since its main use will be street. Any thing special I should do while its apart, I will be doing a balence shaft elimination kit while its out. It will definatly see track time, from me and my wife so possibly 8 sesions in a day if I am not driving another car and we are sharing it on The same day. The goal is reliability driven to The track, on the track, and every day.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 10:52 PM
Evolving Member

I just thought I would ask if anyone local has a Throttle positioning sensor laying around, mine was damaged removing the motor, please let me know if you do, the machine shop will be done soon so Ill be building and re installing the motor soon.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 10:57 PM
Evolving Member

Is there anyone around the east bay that can show me how to set up the tephraMod v7, I've been reading a ton and trying but no luck.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 12:29 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
What do you need help with on the Tephra V7 ROM??

Also, you may already know, but theres a Tephra V7 thread with lots of info here https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...hramod-v7.html
Old Nov 20, 2011, 04:26 PM
Evolving Member

Ya I've been using that thread, I think I've got now.