Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

2012 Lancer EVO MR test drive

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2012, 09:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow 2012 Lancer EVO MR test drive

Hello everyone. I just joined the forum. I have a question for the more experienced members in here.. I called one my local Mitsubishi dealerships to schedule a test drive a 2012 EVO MR today. They told me in order for me to test drive this car, they would have to run a preliminary credit check on me. I asked why and they told me it was so that they can weed out the "joyriders" and because of the price of the car. Is this standard protocol??? Please advise. Excited tho to test drive this beast and curious how the dual clutch trasmission feels (be my first time) being that I am a maunal trasmission kinda guy. But willing to try something new.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My buddy is buying a Evo X here in a few weeks and we went to the dealership last week and they said the same thing. They have to run a credit check on you and down payment possibly before you can test drive the car. Thats what they told us and i think its the same aorund other Mitsu dealerships as well. Hell, the salesman had to go ask the manager if it was okay if my buddy could sit in the car lol.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by socalfast
Hello everyone. I just joined the forum. I have a question for the more experienced members in here.. I called one my local Mitsubishi dealerships to schedule a test drive a 2012 EVO MR today. They told me in order for me to test drive this car, they would have to run a preliminary credit check on me. I asked why and they told me it was so that they can weed out the "joyriders" and because of the price of the car. Is this standard protocol??? Please advise. Excited tho to test drive this beast and curious how the dual clutch trasmission feels (be my first time) being that I am a maunal trasmission kinda guy. But willing to try something new.
I wouldn't do it if I were you, they check they are going to do is still going to ding your Credit Score. So if you are a serious buyer, give them the finger and go to another dealership.

With the economy the way it is, I'm surprise they would do this. The potentially just lost a good sale.

Good luck man
Old Jun 26, 2012, 10:09 AM

Arrow

Originally Posted by Evosick2332
My buddy is buying a Evo X here in a few weeks and we went to the dealership last week and they said the same thing. They have to run a credit check on you and down payment possibly before you can test drive the car. Thats what they told us and i think its the same aorund other Mitsu dealerships as well. Hell, the salesman had to go ask the manager if it was okay if my buddy could sit in the car lol.
Permission to sit in the car??? Thats ridiculous. I am also assuming that they dont want to put miles on these cars. Thanks for the heads up.

Originally Posted by brand0n
I wouldn't do it if I were you, they check they are going to do is still going to ding your Credit Score. So if you are a serious buyer, give them the finger and go to another dealership.

With the economy the way it is, I'm surprise they would do this. The potentially just lost a good sale.

Good luck man
Good point. Maybe I will call another dealership to see if I can test drive one without them checking my credit. Hopefully this dealership will grant me "permission" to sit in the car.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 10:11 AM

not for me they pulled one out of the show room for me to drive
Old Jun 26, 2012, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by chrisgibson333
not for me they pulled one out of the show room for me to drive
Nice! What do you think about the MR?
Old Jun 26, 2012, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It's hit and miss with most Mitsu dealers... I was offered to test drive a '11 Evo, not sure of the model, with no credit check as I walked past the showroom floor to visit the parts counter... needless to say I took them up on the offer...kindly thanked them for the test drive and drove home in my evo to perform a little maintenance (salesman probably saw me drive up in my 03...he later asked me what I currently drive and acted surprised when I told I have an 03 evo 8 and was there to pick up some misc. parts.....I think this might have helped my chances but no way to tell).

No credit, no down payment. All I needed to do was show my valid CA DL with no printed restrictions (driving restrictions) and proof of full coverage insurance.

Where? Concord Mitsubishi in 2011, NorCal

EDIT** On another note, I just passed 150K on the odo on my way into work today....took a pic 3 miles afterwards....lol WOOHOO

Last edited by SilverShadow03; Jun 26, 2012 at 10:27 AM.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 10:25 AM

not for me either when i was 18 they let me test drive one just show up and theyll let you if you are serious buyer
Old Jun 26, 2012, 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn that's crazy I personally would just get a used one or purchase one from someone who is getting rid of their evoX. Then make sure that you check their payment history on the car as far as how much they have left to pay off on it, then do a check on th emaintenance on the car to see if it's in tip-top shape.

I think you personally would come out much better in the longrun. Personally I feel that all cars are used once they hit the dealership remember you are not the only one that sat in it and test drop the **** out of it and parked it up.