Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2009, 05:46 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
very very clean setup
Old Jul 3, 2009, 05:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Good news I took the car to the track tonight, my wife talked me into going! Great wife! I ran 3, 12.0's and an 11.9. All the MPH was 122+. I'm happy!
Old Jul 3, 2009, 05:54 PM
Evolved Member

Sorry, also I started to type an answer to what else we are working on before and I got interupted.

I have looked around at what else is going on in the tuning world and such. I have been fortunate enough to tune and test quite a few different combinations of parts on our car and customers that have come through here.

There seems to be a pattern to selling parts, claiming XX HP gains and it just not adding up. I am not going to get into specifics but I will say that if you don't see it listed on our site (other than offroad pipes which are illegal to advertise and sell) it is simply not needed on the EVO X.

I am starting a new thread tonight about our car and how it ran tonight. Take a look at the thread, it's going to have some interesting opinions in it and a full list of mods that are done to our car.

Thanks for the interest.
Old Jul 3, 2009, 06:19 PM
Evolving Member

pm'd. great job with the new exhaust!
Old Jul 3, 2009, 09:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice piece. Tucked away with loads of clearance! You directly addressed reason I could not consider this before and looks like you went one step further with the price drop! Put a Coke can under there now! Now that would go great with a custom tune from you guys.
Old Jul 4, 2009, 07:59 AM
Evolving Member

so does one exhaust make more power than the others you sell?
Old Jul 4, 2009, 09:18 AM
Evolved Member

I would say based on the testing we did with the open exhaust vs. our new "cross flow" exhaust that at my power level (400 on our MD and 450 whp on a Dynojet) that there is no difference in power. I will say though that I would venture to bet that with another 100 whp or more than I have now the True Dual would outflow this exhaust and show gains. That is yet to be seen and as far as I am concerned that much power in the EVO X is kind of pointless as the gear ratio makes it useless on the stock engine.
Old Jul 4, 2009, 09:33 PM
Evolved Member

damn, that is one of the nicest sounding car's I have ever heard...I swear! and I have heard quite a few!

this is honestly the first time i've ever liked the sound from that 4b11, this not only makes it tolerable...I LOVE this sound for the duals/"cross flow"
Old Jul 4, 2009, 11:28 PM
Evolving Member

So these are ready to ship? What size piping did you use on this system?

Last edited by Spool; Jul 5, 2009 at 10:28 AM.
Old Jul 5, 2009, 07:11 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Good news I took the car to the track tonight, my wife talked me into going! Great wife! I ran 3, 12.0's and an 11.9. All the MPH was 122+. I'm happy!
Quick question. The video. Is the car in that the car with all the mods listed in your thread about the track times? I'm guessing yes, but just want to make sure. Thanks!
Old Jul 5, 2009, 09:35 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks guys, I can't tell you how happy I am with it too. I've put more miles on the car in the last 3 days than I think I did the last 6 months! 2 tanks of fuel burnt up! haha

Yes, this is the same car that just went 11.97 at 122.98, with this exhaust. Actually, we made the video, I drove it home and then took it to the track, so no changes at all.

The catback tubing is 3" all the way into the muffler. The muffler uses twin 2.5" pipes that split inside the muffler and run out into the tips. Very well designed.

Also, the hangers are all 304 grade 3/8" thick bar stock, they slide on like the stock exhaust does, no bolts/washers etc. The flange is also 304 grade 3/8" thick laser cut stainless.
Old Jul 5, 2009, 10:10 AM
Evolving Member

I've been looking for a good replacement exhaust that isn't 900+ and is quiet. Looks like I found it!
Old Jul 5, 2009, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

Glad to hear Danny. I think this new pricing that also includes shipping is going to really work out well. The True Dual system was very expensive to produce and the wye connection was difficult to build. That is where we were able to save the largest amount of money and let us drop the price.

We can produce these now so orders should be built and shipped this week with no problems.

I just got back from another 130+ mile cruise in the car. With the windows down on most road surfaces you can not even hear the exhaust at 55 mph, the roads around here are not super smooth so the road noise is higher than the exhaust. Even on a really smooth road, with the windows up the car is quiet, my daughter slept, radio on softly and my wife and I can carry on a conversation at a low tone.

BTW, this car is a beast! What blast to drive. I think we are going to run some sales this week on some other parts for the car. More people need to experience this turbo/cam/parts combination, it's a winner for sure.
Old Jul 5, 2009, 01:51 PM
Evolving Member

Sweet. Nothing is more annoying than an exhaust that drones on the highway and you have to put some effort into hearing the other person.

I'm ready to order.
Old Jul 5, 2009, 02:32 PM
Evolving Member

What's the sound like inside the car at 80mph?

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing, NEW EVOX exhaust