Notices

Buschur Racing, NEW EVOX exhaust

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2009, 11:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Buschur Racing, NEW EVOX exhaust

I am getting OLD!!! I am assuming anyway. I can not stand a loud exhaust anymore. Project White has spoiled me, I've realized that it is possible to build a very fast car and still have it quiet.

Our EVOX has been running our True Dual Exhaust since the very first prototype we built (actually has our prototype on it). I had our Magnaflow muffler option and a resonator, still on the loud side for me.

We decided that it was time to build something new for the car. Yesterday Trent was turned lose on the project and I really can't be happier with how it came out. This is also 100% complete, ready for sale and in full production.

This is a complete redesign from the cat back, no small changes.

The True Dual Exhaust had the muffler placed in the center of the car so we could run two 3" pipes out the rear of the car. On a lowered EVOX we have had complaints that the exhaust hits on speed bumps. I wanted to remedy this too, which is another reason for this change.

The new system uses a cross flow muffler design and the muffler is complete hidden under the rear fascia.

First thing this morning I started the car to load it on the dyno......ah peace and quiet. Very quiet.

I made the first few pulls and the power was down from the last time the car was on the dyno. I was heart broken, this was not the result I wanted to see, quiet was going to cost me some power..........or so it seemed.

We pulled the exhaust off the car to make a dyno pull with no exhaust (easiest solution to check to see if it was the culprit). The power rose but was still down from the last time the car was on the dyno by about 15 whp.

Looking at the PSI and AFR on the dyno it was obvious why it was up on power with no exhaust. The AFR's leaned out and the boost went up by about 2 psi.

We then bolted our new exhaust back on the car, grabbed the laptop to dial in the AFR's to the same as no exhaust and adjusted the boost to match.

In order to get the boost the same at redline the peak boost was higher, the peak boost also came in faster with the exhaust back on the car too.

Rather than just making a post, releasing the new system I wanted to provide a dyno sheet, tested back to back with no exhaust at all. The car wasn't even taken off the dyno, it was installed on the dyno.

The peak boost was up by 1.1 psi, from 6700 rpm to 7200 rpm they were the same level. The AFR's were also within two tenths of an AFR point across the pull.

I am not advertising this exhaust to make more power than non at all, so you can chose to ignore the graph under 6360 rpm where it does make more as I realize the boost was also up 1.1 psi. Do note though with the same boost and same AFR's up top there is no loss in power, and actually a few whp gain.

Something else I want to be sure to point out. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING IN THE TUNE WAS CHANGED EXCEPT FOR AFR'S AND BOOST. I did not move mivec, idle, timing or any other parameter. I just got the AFR and Boost as close as I could on each test.

I'm really-really happy with the outcome of this system. The car is so quiet inside and yet still sounds mean at WOT. There is no low point in the exhaust and nothing can be seen from the rear of the car except for the tips.

Here is a dyno sheet of the no exhaust/New BR exhaust testing:

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkR1idehdaU

The cost has also dropped! Previously the catback was $850 shipped. With the new changes we've made we are now able to drop the system price is $769 shipped, nearly a hundred dollar savings.

Also, for any of you who have purchased our True Dual System new from us already and are not happy with the ground clearance or noise level we will be offering a special one time price to you on these new systems. This is only for customers who bought directly from us, new. Send me a PM with your full name and I will respond.

Thank you!

Last edited by David Buschur; Jul 3, 2009 at 01:40 PM.
Old Jul 3, 2009, 11:10 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm extremely pleased with the exhaust i bought from you. But i am in for pics and a sound clip and also to see what the "customer loyalty" price will be. Anything else in development for the X from you guys?
Old Jul 3, 2009, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

i've always wondered...doesn't a "true dual exhaust" mean it has a separate exhaust line for half the cylinders? so if it's a v6, there's an exhaust line just for three cylinders, and a separate one for another three, complete with a separate cat and separate muffler?
Old Jul 3, 2009, 11:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I cant wait to see the video cause I am looking for an exhasut for my X, and once again thanks for everything you do.
Old Jul 3, 2009, 11:48 AM
Evolving Member

I am fine with the noise level of my exhaust, but I am angry with the ground clearance on my Buschur Exhaust. If you can take a second and PM me the special price I will decide if its within budget to replace what I have.

I think I have probably complained more than anyone about the ground clearance... glad to see the problem has been remedied! Can't wait to see pics of the new system
Old Jul 3, 2009, 12:02 PM

This should be real interesting...i just bought my exhaust from you guys a couple weeks ago but it hangs way to low but I love the way it sounds...maybe this could solve all my problems. An since its already quiet I can throw the test pipe back on and it will even it back out to where I liked it in the first place.
Old Jul 3, 2009, 12:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by endGameXIII
i've always wondered...doesn't a "true dual exhaust" mean it has a separate exhaust line for half the cylinders? so if it's a v6, there's an exhaust line just for three cylinders, and a separate one for another three, complete with a separate cat and separate muffler?
Yes, but I think what he is saying is that their system is a bit more complicated and thought out then the y-split you'll find under the back of a typical FWD Pontiac or Accord V6.
Old Jul 3, 2009, 12:22 PM
Evolving Member

Thank you for doing this. I think this will be my choice over the ultimate racing CB.
Old Jul 3, 2009, 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Pictures posted. Video coming.

Please just shoot ME a PM, I need your names so I can verify the systems were bought new here and then I will give out the special pricing.

Thanks.
Old Jul 3, 2009, 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

Looking good, and definitely a nice option for a quiet exhaust. I love the sound of my original dual catback though, so I think this might be too quiet for me.

Glad to see you coming out with a new product for the X. Anything else in development?
Old Jul 3, 2009, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

looks great!... i like how it is nicely tucked under...quiet, makes good power, and won't rub if the car is lowered a little! +++++

Can you get pics of the car and exhaust on a lift to see it looks underneath??
Old Jul 3, 2009, 12:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Pictures posted. Video coming.

Please just shoot ME a PM, I need your names so I can verify the systems were bought new here and then I will give out the special pricing.

Thanks.
You have PM
Old Jul 3, 2009, 01:08 PM

PM me customer price. I just pm'd my name.
Old Jul 3, 2009, 03:37 PM
Former Sponsor

I'm jealous of those country roads. Any pics from the bottom, also any muffler shot? cant really see how it lays out
Old Jul 3, 2009, 04:28 PM
Evolving Member

My br quiet catback arrived last night and today I see this. Just my luck. Looks awesome!

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing, NEW EVOX exhaust