Notices

Buschur Racing, NEW EVOX exhaust

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2009, 02:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
David please PM me as I just recently bought the exhaust and its a bit too loud and way to low for where I have to drive my car around.
Old Jul 5, 2009, 02:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
I have not had the car up to 80 mph at cruise speeds yet, so I don't have any input. The fastest I've cruised along in it was about 65 and it's quiet. It's so hard to tell from a video or I'd offer to do one at 80 mph. As quiet as it is I'd say at 80 mph it's going to still be quiet.

I can NOT PM pricing, if anyone who has our current system is interested you MUST PM your full name so I can make sure you bought the exhaust from us, then I can quote you a price.
Old Jul 5, 2009, 03:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
when ordering what do we call this exhaust? you already have dual catback with quiet muffler and dual catback with bullet muffler. just want to make sure i get the right one when i order!
Old Jul 5, 2009, 03:22 PM
Evolved Member

Order the "EVOX Crossflow" exhaust. Thanks for asking.
Old Jul 5, 2009, 03:36 PM
Evolving Member

Could you possibly get a clip of what the car sounds like at idle, and maybe some reving.
Old Jul 5, 2009, 04:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
I have not had the car up to 80 mph at cruise speeds yet, so I don't have any input. The fastest I've cruised along in it was about 65 and it's quiet. It's so hard to tell from a video or I'd offer to do one at 80 mph. As quiet as it is I'd say at 80 mph it's going to still be quiet.

I can NOT PM pricing, if anyone who has our current system is interested you MUST PM your full name so I can make sure you bought the exhaust from us, then I can quote you a price.
Thanks David. That's my only question since at 80mph, the stock exhaust is heard in the cabin noticeably. It doesn't help that the gearing has the car around 4k rpms either.
Old Jul 5, 2009, 05:33 PM
Evolved Member

Yea, I'm about to pull the trigger on this. I really want to know what it sounds like at idle, and low revving, and also highway cruising at 75-85mph around 4k rpm. I want something just a tiny bit louder then stock, no droning at all on the highway just a little extra rumble at idle would be nice.

This wouldn't void the warranty right because it doesnt replace the cat correct?
Old Jul 5, 2009, 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

Also how would this perform with a stock tune and a k&n drop in filter, could I expect any performance increase or difference in fuel mileage?
Old Jul 5, 2009, 05:35 PM
Evolved Member

Undercarriage pics?!?!
Old Jul 5, 2009, 05:41 PM
Evolved Member

I just found a thread where a guy was complaining that the video we posted on our quiet True Dual system was pointless and not as advertised. He is right, it is impossible to convey what this sounds like in a video. Making more of them is pointless and I'm not being stubborn.

My car has a full 3" catless turbo back on it now. It also has a turbo with a larger turbine wheel in it, so it is going to be as loud as possible.

I am telling you guys I didn't even like driving my car with the quiet True Dual on it, it was too loud. This exhaust has made me EXTREMELY happy. I just asked my wife to describe it and she can't either, she said to say, "It passes the wife test!" haha That will sum it up! haha

Yes, you can add the exhaust without tuning and expect to gain power. I will tell you in all honesty though, a tune is the best money you can spend on the car to gain power.

The exhaust, if you leave the stock cat in place, is going to be substantially quieter than a catless exhaust. It SHOULD also NOT void your warranty. I say SHOULD NOT. Some dealers are such ****** it's hard to say.
Old Jul 5, 2009, 05:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
The exhaust, if you leave the stock cat in place, is going to be substantially quieter than a catless exhaust.
So ur saying ur car is very quiet and it is also catless? Does that mean with a cat it would be even quieter then you are describing? Would this exhaust be something that I could install myself with ramps? If I did have a shop put it on what should I expect them to charge me? Sorry for the noob questions, the exhaust I had on my Lancer GTS was just an "axleback"... basically just a muffler
Old Jul 6, 2009, 07:25 AM
Former Sponsor

The system is now up in our shopping cart and can be ordered online. Orders can also be placed over the phone by calling the shop from 9am-6pm EST.

*Buschur Racing Evo X Cross Flow Catback Exhaust*

Take care!
Old Jul 6, 2009, 07:32 AM
Evolved Member

any pics of the difference between

rolled end, straight cut, and straight angle cut
Old Jul 6, 2009, 08:45 AM
Evolved Member

God Im really upset you came out with this after just buying the old style.....
Old Jul 6, 2009, 08:55 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mmartahus
any pics of the difference between

rolled end, straight cut, and straight angle cut
The pictures shown in post #1 are straight angle cut.

The rolled end can be seen here: https://secure.buschurracing.com/cat...oducts_id=1253

Then straight would look just like the pictures in post 1 but without a angle. Very thin side wall.

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing, NEW EVOX exhaust