Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

New sketch for the 2012 Evolution

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2010, 10:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ginglingston11
from reading these articles, it seems like mitsubishi wants to end the evo all together, and IF there is another one well then its gonna be "green". i have been reading about this idea they had for atleast 6 years now. a turbo diesel 4cyl, awd, 4 wheel steering, "dream car" with even more unbelievable handling.

at first, years ago, i loved the idea of being able to put out even more power with a turbo diesel but now im thinking, why not just make an e85/93 evo. that would solve their "green" dilemma right there. i know i know e85 isnt available everywhere, but within a few years its gonna be. if youve paid attention and watched how many e85 stations have sprouted over the last few years just imagine what another few years will do!

now there other idea is to have a hybrid evo. well all i have to say is, thats just cutting the ***** off the evo. i dont think anything could be worse than that. why even have an evo if its gonna be a hybrid?! i mean what if they came out with a hybrid mustang or corvette?! yes it would get the womans attention, but the men make up way over half of the performance buying market. that would kills there sales and possibly there name.

my opinion is keep the evo x style. i hate it but it looks like every sketch is just getting worse and worse. and do an e85/91 evo. i should of done my research on e85 world wide before writing this. i know the evo is a world wide car and it might not be possible for now. but come on...

all i gotta say is i hope these guys dont screw this up.

e85 is not going to take off in the states, let alone the world. It just isnt cost effective as a primary fuel source (unless you have tons of ethanol sources available....like the sugar cane in Brazil).

And do a little research on electric motors. Just because the current hybrids are all slow economy cars doesnt mean the electric motor = poor performance. It is very easy to get equal or better performance out of a hybrid platform. Imagine having a torque curve that is maxed out from 0 rpm to redline.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 07:30 AM
Evolved Member

Here's what I think of that article:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lffwR5-U0YE

Old Dec 23, 2010, 09:32 AM

Wow am I ever happy I bought the 2010...looks like the Suzuki Kizashi.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 12:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by k2evo
e85 is not going to take off in the states, let alone the world. It just isnt cost effective as a primary fuel source (unless you have tons of ethanol sources available....like the sugar cane in Brazil).

Spoken like a politician
Old Dec 23, 2010, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

I thought that Mitsu was gonna make the next Evo a Hybrid with an electric motor powering the front and gas powering the rear.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 12:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by k2evo

And do a little research on electric motors. Just because the current hybrids are all slow economy cars doesnt mean the electric motor = poor performance. It is very easy to get equal or better performance out of a hybrid platform. Imagine having a torque curve that is maxed out from 0 rpm to redline.
i know i understand what your saying, but honestly when you say or think "mitsubishi hybrid" can you actually think of or compare it to anyone of these hybrid cars making 1000+ hp? or even 500hp?

like the porsche hybrid for example, i cant see mitsubishi coming out with an evo with this potential for over 5 years.

http://www.greencarreports.com/blog/...for-production

or even any one of the cars on this site. you also have to remember the next evo is most likely gonna be around 3400 lbs cw. so i cant this this technology for mitsubishi for many years to come.

http://www.hybridcars.com/news/world...ars-25631.html
Old Dec 23, 2010, 04:38 PM
Evolving Member

its not THAT bad is it?
Old Dec 23, 2010, 06:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PhrequenC
its not THAT bad is it?
If you think the Taurus or the Lex IS aren't THAT bad, I guess not. After all, it's not BUICK-UGLY....
Old Dec 23, 2010, 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

If this was the new Galant i would be happy not the Lancer.
Old Dec 24, 2010, 11:58 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by boondoc
If this was the new Galant i would be happy not the Lancer.

+1
Old Dec 24, 2010, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't mind the body to much, I just didn't like it were it say it's larger. Larger = more weight, which is what the Evo does not need.
Old Dec 25, 2010, 04:45 PM
Evolving Member

that looks terrible, kinda like a beefed up malibu, which is gayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Dec 29, 2010, 06:28 AM
Evolved Member

Looking at that picture and listening to TAPS play in my head. That looks like any other run of the mill sedan. Bland, boring and too big. Maybe they are trying to go upscale and lure in the GREENIES, but in doing so they are killing off the fan base who actually buy the cars.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 12:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dboz
Looking at that picture and listening to TAPS play in my head. That looks like any other run of the mill sedan. Bland, boring and too big. Maybe they are trying to go upscale and lure in the GREENIES, but in doing so they are killing off the fan base who actually buy the cars.
+1 ! Hahahaha! My thoughts exactly!
Old Dec 29, 2010, 03:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Pep

Glad I bought my X!
Me too. If I blow it up I'll just keep rebuilding it forever.

Quick Reply: New sketch for the 2012 Evolution