Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

2015 Evo Gsr

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2014, 06:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Mitsubishi as a whole just aren't hot sellers or popular cars(not is the states) but they're popular in south east Asia I've heard. Those that talk bad about Mitsubishi's have NEVER driven one let alone owned and driven one daily for years. They're simply spreading false rumors and what they feel they have a need to hate on Mitsu and proclaim love for their Honda, Toyota, whatever.

I've never been a Mitsu fan and I've never driven a Mitsu prior to owning my Evo. I believe the majority of Mitsu's to be good, solid, reliable vehicles like most makes in the US market. They simply are probably the slowest to sell and the worst sellers. Doesn't mean they're bad or unreliable cars.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 08:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back in Asia, My first car was a 95 Lancer. It was sure very reliable never broke down on me even in flooded and full of potholes streets of Manila. It's running great even today.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 09:22 PM

Ive had my lancer non evo since 9/11/01 and its been reliable as hell. Only issues ive had were faulty o2 sensors twice, a broken weld in the door fixed under warranty, and an ignition switch replaced. I have 165000 miles on the car and its been abused. I went long intervals without changing the oil and it runs decent.

Reason sales have plummeted is the cars mitsubishi made to replace diamontes, lancers, and gallants were offensively ugly. The last gen eclipse was a bust by being a big huge car that didnt look too hot.

Last edited by cali2tx5.0; Aug 22, 2014 at 09:24 PM.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 09:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ogrenator
Mitsu actually makes really reliable cars and X's have been really good after the 2008MY, if you are interested in the new scoobys I would say get the NON STI WRX since it has the new motor...the sti has the old motor in with piston ring issues if you start adding power to the car and they do not accept mods nearly as well as any evo...but it kinda sounds like you answered your own question in a way...the most important thing is how you feel when driving the cars...STIs do nothing for me and probably many others here that's why were in evos...still respect the cars but I like to actually DRIVE and evos are hard to beat for that...if you plan on switching the seats then go for a 15MY I love the stock seats and wouldn't change them unless I was stripping the car for weight but to each their own...good luck with the decision!!
This. 100%. I had a 2013 STi and the compression in cylinder 2 started going bad after 18k miles even though I used the best oil and went to the most popular and "reliable" tuner in the northeast.

I say find a 2014 Evo X and be done with it. I don't miss my STi at all.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by stiggysaurus
This. 100%. I had a 2013 STi and the compression in cylinder 2 started going bad after 18k miles even though I used the best oil and went to the most popular and "reliable" tuner in the northeast.

I say find a 2014 Evo X and be done with it. I don't miss my STi at all.
Is something better about the 2014's compared to 15's?
Old Aug 23, 2014, 05:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Evos? The 2015s don't have Recaros anymore.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by DeeezNuuuts83
Evos? The 2015s don't have Recaros anymore.
Is that all?
Old Aug 23, 2014, 08:52 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SpoonTunage
Is that all?
They moved the side indicator from the fender to the mirror but left a little pep boys style chrome accent where the fender indicator used to be. Looks horrible
Old Aug 23, 2014, 08:54 AM

I got a 14 instead of waiting for a 15. Like people above said, 14 is the last of the recaros and if mitsu really does stop making the evo after 15, think of the resale value the 14 will have. Itll have what people are wanting and be the last year of all the good stuff.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 08:57 AM
Evolving Member

Here you go. superfail.

Pretty sure the deal with the seats was that DOT is beginning to require adjustable head rests. Same reason why the 2015 WRX and STi no longer have fixed headrests either. just my guess.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 11:17 AM

I'll throw my 2 cents in. Why buy a 15' Evo X when there are still a bunch of 14' Evo X's out there. Your location is listed as Philly, which a quick cars.com search shows ~55 New Evo X's with a 100 mile radius. The 15' doesn't have the recaros and comes with that atrocity where the side markers used to be on the fender. Unless there is a significant discount why bother. Although everyone is going to tell you to not buy a used Evo, if your diligent and do your homework you can find a nice Evo X out there that has already taken the hit on most of its depreciation. My final thought is the 15' STI finally has a chassis and steering on par with the EVO so I've read, BUT Subaru has to drop the dinosaur EJ power plant at some point. So here you are with a new 15' STI and then Subaru goes and sticks some a variant of the direct injected FA motor in there that has been getting the bugs worked out all this time in the 15' WRX. Just food for thought.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 02:05 PM

Well I did test drive a 2014 gsr and really did like the stock recaro seats, however I cannot get a 14 in the color I would want which is the electric blue. This only blue for the 14 is the cosmic blue I think, which is nice to, but I really like the other more. If i did get a 15 I would just put my own seats in. So i guess it comes down to color and the side marker.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by SpoonTunage
Well I did test drive a 2014 gsr and really did like the stock recaro seats, however I cannot get a 14 in the color I would want which is the electric blue. This only blue for the 14 is the cosmic blue I think, which is nice to, but I really like the other more. If i did get a 15 I would just put my own seats in. So i guess it comes down to color and the side marker.
I see, electric blue was only on the evo 8/9 so unless you mean octane blue, which I think is coming back for 2015 (will have to double check that), your out of luck. The side markers can probably be retrofitted to put the older functional side markers on, which Mitsu should have just left there anyway. Best of luck in your search, what ever you choose to do.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 08:09 PM

I did the same thing countless research. I recommend you looking up evo vs Sti reviews on youtube. Bone stock the evo is always on top of the Sti. I bought the car for performance my 2014 evo x with some minor bolt ons and a tune crushes new 500 horsepower mustangs handles and drives like a dream. The Sti does have more luxury in my opinion and offers more options for comfort but when it comes down to performance hands down the evo takes it. On my way into work today I smoked an Sti
Old Aug 23, 2014, 08:11 PM

Also to if you are from Philly my evo is currently up for sale. 2014 9k miles go onto reading craigslist if you would like to see it

Quick Reply: 2015 Evo Gsr