Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

2015 Evo Gsr

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2014, 08:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by timmyturbo
I see, electric blue was only on the evo 8/9 so unless you mean octane blue, which I think is coming back for 2015 (will have to double check that), your out of luck. The side markers can probably be retrofitted to put the older functional side markers on, which Mitsu should have just left there anyway. Best of luck in your search, what ever you choose to do.
Yea, you are correct, I meant the octane blue. Luckily I am in no real rush for a car, so I have time to make a decision, which dealerships hate of course lol.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 07:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by JasonM163
I got a 14 instead of waiting for a 15. Like people above said, 14 is the last of the recaros and if mitsu really does stop making the evo after 15, think of the resale value the 14 will have. Itll have what people are wanting and be the last year of all the good stuff.

This.

If you are wanting a new one, the resale is going to be the highest on the 14 model.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by nvmaddog
This.

If you are wanting a new one, the resale is going to be the highest on the 14 model.
I personally don't think having the stock recaro's in the 14's compared to whatever they put in the 15's will make resale value that much different. Plus if I do wind up with a 15 I can always just change the seats out and try and use this as leverage to get a better deal on the car as well.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by SpoonTunage
I personally don't think having the stock recaro's in the 14's compared to whatever they put in the 15's will make resale value that much different. Plus if I do wind up with a 15 I can always just change the seats out and try and use this as leverage to get a better deal on the car as well.

I can pretty much guarantee you the 14 models will be some of the best value holding Evo's of all time.

Those seats make a huge difference but so does not having some ridiculous chrome accent on the side of the car as well.

Nobody cares about integrated mirror lights but those seats matter. Dealers will try their best to hold peoples feet to the fire with the "last of the evos" for the 15 model year, but anyone looking at resale should be looking at a 14 judging from what I've seen thus far.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 06:35 PM
Evolving Member

Listen my friend and listen good, will try and make this short.
I have two Evos: 04 and 11 my 8 will never sell, nothing like it. My X is a lease and had no problem and great luck with it so far, love it. The truth is, i wont get another Evo again, because back seats dont fold which sucks, 5 speed for daily sucks, plastic interior so so cheap but ehh its fine, seats not comfy, trunk EXTREMELY SMALL especially the fact that i have sound pkg with subwoofer in trunk. Other then that, car is bullet proof. Please please please enough with these STI's blowing motors, sti this, sti that old motor etc etc, pleaese people make it sound like they are Pro Rally drivers that they get paid racing cars for life. We are 95% here regular Joe who have non racing jobs and just modify our cars for fun. Of course sti or evo moror gonna blow when you work them wrong, taking short cuts, rocking them all day long. What im saying get a Evo if your a fan of it and just love it, not because its a better car then the new STI, cause its f#%^* NOT. When my lease is up, i hope all goes well, cause im jumoing on the new sti in a hear beat. 6 speed, big trunk, seats fold, roof rails already have pre ready track openings when you want to install roof rack oem, seats comfy, and its new style, X been out since 08. Old motor new motor, its great. Sorry for long story, said will make it short.
But if you want to hang out here, buy a X otherwise go to subbie lol. GL buddy.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 07:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 04Evo851374
Of course sti or evo moror gonna blow when you work them wrong, taking short cuts, rocking them all day long. What im saying get a Evo if your a fan of it and just love it, not because its a better car then the new STI, cause its f#%^* NOT.
My 2013 STi failed compression test in cylinder 2 at 18k miles - no short cuts were taken, only the best parts and oil were used and I went to the "best" subaru tuner in the northeast.

read this about the EJ motor, it sums it all up pretty well.

IMO drive an evo x and then drive a 2015 WRX. Go with which one suits you better. I would avoid the STi just because of the EJ. If you decide you like the Evo, try and find a 2014 model
Old Aug 25, 2014, 06:13 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I just sold my EVO X GSR to get start the process of making my project car an actual street car. However, when we were looking at AWD cars, it came down to the EVO and the STi. I can't speak of the 2015 STi, but the 13 was nowhere close to the EVO in terms of handling and driving involvement and satisfaction. The EVO was eerily similar to the S2000 we had years back. Just a LOT bigger!! Another thing was there were SOO many WRXs or STIs on the road. We really wanted something different, and then there were the ring issues and the engine having less mod potential…so we ended up getting the EVO X. We had a blast for about a year and half.

Good Luck and post pictures of whatever you get.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 06:46 AM

My biggest dilemma is the color, package, and new side markers / mirrors. I really like the octane blue color, but do like the recaro seats in the 14's. On that note I could swap the seats in the 15, but then again I dont really like the plasticy looking side marker and mirror change all that much. I like the cosmic blue, but just not as much as the octane blue. Choices, choices. Not really sure what to do at this point lol. The stuff may seem petty I guess but color, seats, and exterior is a big deal i guess. Definitely doesn't make the choice easy.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 07:00 AM
Evolving Member

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Please please please enough with these STI's blowing motors, sti this, sti that old motor etc etc, pleaese people make it sound like they are Pro Rally drivers that they get paid racing cars for life.
I saw an STI start smoking with just a few thousand miles on it at its first auto-x. The owner was an experienced autocrosser and just passed the break in period. After one or two runs it was blowing blue smoke at all driving conditions. Its not a myth, it happens to bone stock cars. Please get a suby, we need fewer ignorant people in evos.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 08:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
sigh, I don't know why it always turns into a hate thing when talking evo vs sti.

As far as resale value. I haven't seen it truly confirmed yet that the 2015s won't have recaro's, but I haven't been following that closely. However, even if they don't have recaro's, this doesn't mean they will have crap seats. There are other great seat manufacturers...

It's soo close to the actual release of the 2015s that it's definitely worth it to wait and see what the options available are and what difference there are with the 2014. Personally, I would think that a model year newer car will hold resale value better then a model year older car. Especially as it'll be the last model year of the evo.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Yeah... no one is hating on the STI, but the fact of the matter is that the EJ25 was prone to a number of problems, and it was not necessarily on ones that were heavily modified and/or raced competitively.

I do like the WRX's new motor though.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 09:54 AM

5 speed for daily sucks,
lol, sounds like you should be driving an auto. The 5 speed in this car isn't as bad as people make it sound.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 07:33 PM

Well I decided to go with a 2014 evo gsr instead of the 2015 model which will be coming out in a couple months. However, they had to get the car from somewhere else and would only come down about 1k off msrp. Should I be extremely greedy and try to get more off or what? And will dealerships wave the TTL fees? I am trying to get the best deal I can but many dealerships around here don't have what I am looking for (Actually none did, the car is coming from somewhere else) and I just am tired of going from dealership to dealership and hearing the same thing and seeing the same prices. I am in the Philly/Jersey area and like I said the 3 places I talked to would all only come down about 1k off msrp and stated these vehicles are only marked up by $1600 which I told them is a crock of !@#$. I dunno any help and advice would be appreciated. I had put a refundable deposit down on the car since it is coming from elsewhere but am looking to finalize everything by wed when the car actually comes in. Thanks for the help.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 08:01 PM

Thats a shame, couple dealerships around dallas still have a few 13 new on the lot. To be fair majority of those are autos.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 08:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
South Coast Mitsubishi still has brand new 2010 Evo X SEs in the back of their lot.

Quick Reply: 2015 Evo Gsr