Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

2015 Evo Gsr

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2014, 03:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Then luckily it sounds like there are a number of other options out there. Some Subie dealwrship was doing the same thing with BRZs, selling them around invoice when most places were marking them up.

Just wait it out... the new Evo IXs that they have will stay there, but the new-but-soon-to-be-outdated inventory will need to be moved at some point. The prices will come down, as they can't just stash 20-30-40-50 new cars, contrasting to keeping two Evo IXs in the showroom. Those are easier to pay off, far more so than a large quantity of unsold Evo Xs accruing interest from sitting on the lot. Markups are for suckers anyway.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 10:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Southern California can go **** itself.

http://www.lewisvillemitsu.com/web/i...ody_types/new/

That's where I bought my car from. I was able to get my car for $34000 OTD from those people, when my car's price as listed on their website was $33,327, just like the lowest price evo on there. They sell so many evos it's not funny, and I purchased mine a little over 5 months ago now, yet price is still the same despite "no recaros for 2014" or mitsu "demanding a markup on msrp". I guarantee you can buy those cars at that exact list price right now with no haggle and no surprises.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 08:23 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Cosmic Starship
Southern California can go **** itself.

http://www.lewisvillemitsu.com/web/i...ody_types/new/

That's where I bought my car from. I was able to get my car for $34000 OTD from those people, when my car's price as listed on their website was $33,327, just like the lowest price evo on there. They sell so many evos it's not funny, and I purchased mine a little over 5 months ago now, yet price is still the same despite "no recaros for 2014" or mitsu "demanding a markup on msrp". I guarantee you can buy those cars at that exact list price right now with no haggle and no surprises.
Even Northern CA dealers are discounting them. You are right dealers like South Coast and Glendale Mitsubishi can go f**k themselves.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 12:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yo, if u read up on south coast.The dealer has a dispute with Mits before there lease is goin to expired.That can be why the price are High??They still serving there customer 100%

http://www.autonews.com/article/20140922/VIDEO/309229950?template=mobile_video
Old Sep 30, 2014, 08:48 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LB_Reddy
Yo, if u read up on south coast.The dealer has a dispute with Mits before there lease is goin to expired.That can be why the price are High??They still serving there customer 100%

http://www.autonews.com/article/2014...e=mobile_video
I can't make the leap from dispute with Mitsubishi to gouging on Evos; please connect those dots for me.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 05:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My local dealer just got one 2015 evolution SE 6 speed manual 330 hp and 300 tq

Old Oct 1, 2014, 06:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by si_to_evo
My local dealer just got one 2015 evolution SE 6 speed manual 330 hp and 300 tq

LOL. That would be sweet. Tease.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 12:23 PM
gtr
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Thedread
LOL. That would be sweet. Tease.
I'd sport one of those if they give us the left over 6 speed manuals from Japan. Probably great collector values which means markup for Mitsubishi. I'm sure Mitsubishi may take consideration. It's a great strategy to get rid of left over inventory at a premium price.

May auto shows approaching. Hope they will debut some interesting higher performance final edition models.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by stiggysaurus
This. 100%. I had a 2013 STi and the compression in cylinder 2 started going bad after 18k miles even though I used the best oil and went to the most popular and "reliable" tuner in the northeast.

I say find a 2014 Evo X and be done with it. I don't miss my STi at all.
Yea, I think the OP is generalizing a bit regarding attitudes against the brand. Specifically the evo class; extrememly popular in euro markets, and why they have additional editions. I've owned 3 Subaru's, all STi, my current one is a 2013. One thing I've learned, if I plan to put any performance mod to the car, I have to have atleast 3K in reserve incase the motor goes. I've researched about the infamous ringland issue quite a bit; I think it's a variation of abuse and or manufacturing defect; starting with stock lean tune from factory, cast iron pistons, and detonation. A friend who lives in Japan and also an STi enthusiast finds our USDM sti issues surprising; thus I think 2.0.L and a twin-scroll turbo should have been carried over.

To OP, the new FA motor on the wrx looks interesting; being new its hard to guess reliably what its capable, but my guess is that it may be better than the old EJ25. Plus new WRX has CVT, may make driving quite enjoyable. I plan to get a 14 evo; what won me over were:
FMIC
Recaro
Stock twin-scroll turbo
Steering rack
Stock suspension

Better platform in my opinion to older STi models. Good luck.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 09:42 PM

Great
Old Dec 25, 2014, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by ogrenator
ImEv0 I was talking about the stretched timing chain issue that was fixed and the fuel relay that was also changed...but those were isolated issues...and OP as far as blowing the block....being aluminum they can only hold so much torque while stock....if you keep it below like 375-400 awtq you will be ok and good tuners now know how to make the tunes safe and efficient...once you sleeve the block you can do whatever you want and be fine
So the 2015 evo x would not suffer from the fuel relay and the stretched timing issue?

The evo x engine can handle a lot more torque than the EJ engine in the 2015 sti right?
Old Dec 27, 2014, 04:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by keonigt
So the 2015 evo x would not suffer from the fuel relay and the stretched timing issue?

The evo x engine can handle a lot more torque than the EJ engine in the 2015 sti right?
all evo engine which was and being sold are better then a EJ 2.5L North American engine.