Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

*** UTEC Control Center release 3 available ***

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2005, 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I usually get an error if I'm logging.
Old Feb 23, 2005, 07:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BJai02
I've been using the UCC rel3 since I had my UTEC an dit's been working great! But all in a sudden, it starts to give me CHECKSUM ERROR for whatever map file I open. Even I created a new file from UCC and save it, I can't re-open it after I close it.

I tried to uninstall it and re-install from scatch and it does the same to me.

BigBoogieman, have you seen anything like that? Or is there a work around to fix teh Checksum Error problem? I can't even open the file that I download from my own UTEC now. And I don't want to be stuck with the HyperTerminal...

Thanks in advance for any advice!
Yes I have seen that on occasion. It seems to happen sometimes when you modify a map using Hyperterminal, like to do some small tweak, then try to load the map with UCC. I usually keep every map I upload, just incase I need to refer to something when looking at an old log, so when this problem happens I usually just upload my last working map. Unforunately I don't have a solution, but this happened right before I stopped tuning for the Winter, so I was able to capture a problem map file with Hyperterminal. So at least when I start working on UCC again in the Spring, I should be able to figure out why it's miscalculating the checksum.

But it seems a little weirder than I thought, based on your description. Could you post a new map that you create that you're unable to load? I want to see if the problem is when it's saved or when it's loaded.
Old Feb 24, 2005, 08:54 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BigBoogieman
Could you post a new map that you create that you're unable to load? I want to see if the problem is when it's saved or when it's loaded.
Here it is... I hope I got the right file.
Since inserting map didn't work, I had to start off with an old old map, then plugging in the numbers one by one all over again and then it worked. Now you mentioned, I remember I did some tweaking through Hyperterminal on the boost map before teh file was corrupted.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
3 My Stg2 Map 20050218_04a.txt (12.0 KB, 48 views)
Old Feb 27, 2005, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

i don't have a serial cable on this laptop and i bought a usb/serial cable. is there any way to configure UCC to work with the USB port or do i have to configure the usb cable to com1? if so, how do i do this is winxp pro? (it's actually tablet edition, but it's similar to pro)
Old Feb 27, 2005, 06:46 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
You configure your "Serial cable" (your USB-Serial adapter) for whatever com port that works for you.. Probably Com1 or Com2 if its a tablet PC with no regular com port...

Nothing oyur going to use to work with the UTEC uses a USB cable natively, their all "Serial port" devices and software..
Old Feb 27, 2005, 06:48 PM
Evolved Member

ran down all available com ports with the usb/serial cable hooked up between the laptop and utec, didn't work =\
Old Feb 27, 2005, 07:06 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Not all serial adapters for USB work right either.. my experience is the keyspan adapter works best, and PDA serial adapters generally don't.. Not sure if that'll Help you..