Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

COBB EVO AccessPORT released and DYNO results

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2007, 08:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is stupid to argue like this in a public informational forum. This particular thread is an announcement thread with DYNO results, not a debate on which tuning method or how to get a better ROI (return on investement) for your money.

Go start another thread...
Old Oct 17, 2007, 10:35 AM
Former Vendor

PEOPLE: This is a info forum, do not clutter it with your random thoughts. Please keep it on task or we will have to close this one and start all over again, sham to do so. End answer, there is no PERFECT END ALL for your EVO. Every part you buy has pros and cons.

denny424- AccessPORT controls factory boost system, you can override it by installing a Manual boost controller. To the best of my knowledge no tuner shop has the capability to make custom maps as of yet. I will have one of COBB head tuners on the horn tomorrow as we extract results from CPA5's car.

Stephen

Last edited by IA Performance; Oct 19, 2007 at 07:14 PM.
Old Oct 18, 2007, 08:49 AM
Former Vendor

2 hours and counting until we start our DYNO testing. We should have results up by days end. Stage 1 should net top end power, but not too much difference down low, according to COBBs provided dyno plots. Today will be a long one to say the least

Stephen
Old Oct 18, 2007, 07:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by IA Performance
2 hours and counting until we start our DYNO testing. We should have results up by days end. Stage 1 should net top end power, but not too much difference down low, according to COBBs provided dyno plots. Today will be a long one to say the least

Stephen

Well....we are still in the shop wrenching on the evo!

1st, there will be a full post by IA...most likely tomorrow as it is getting late here in the AZ. But the dyno plots of these base COBB maps I believe will surprise allot of peeps and are seriously on par with some custom tunes out there....with the mild mods

BY THE WAY IM USING THE STOCK ECU TO CONTROL BOOST....NO MBC/EBC

Tomorrow we should all be YOU-TUBBIN' watching my ride on the dyno!!!
Old Oct 18, 2007, 07:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CPA5
Well....we are still in the shop wrenching on the evo!

1st, there will be a full post by IA...most likely tomorrow as it is getting late here in the AZ. But the dyno plots of these base COBB maps I believe will surprise allot of peeps and are seriously on par with some custom tunes out there....with the mild mods

BY THE WAY IM USING THE STOCK ECU TO CONTROL BOOST....NO MBC/EBC

Tomorrow we should all be YOU-TUBBIN' watching my ride on the dyno!!!
What do you think of the exhaust?
Old Oct 18, 2007, 07:47 PM
Evolved Member

detour from AP talk..........COBB TBE w/Test PIPE is F'ing AWESOME

No joke the exhaust sounds way better in person than on that Rally Sport Youtube video.

No tinny-ness....idle is deep groan...WOT sounds full and robust....fitment was near perfect...I think Stephen will post some minor changes he made to make it fit 100%.

Overall COBB, when the car started up every penny was worth it!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 18, 2007, 08:15 PM
Evolved Member

Whatever, we waited long enough for this. Thanks to some smart minds: ecuflash + added code we have all of this
Old Oct 18, 2007, 08:46 PM
Evolved Member

AHh Cant wait to see results!
Old Oct 18, 2007, 11:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 596736
Whatever, we waited long enough for this. Thanks to some smart minds: ecuflash + added code we have all of this
If it wasn't for COBB's original programing getting stolen you wouldn't have ECUflash........or so I've heard
Old Oct 19, 2007, 04:31 AM
Evolving Member

Bump for dyno results.

Thanks CPA5, I'm looking forward to my cobb tbe. If you can post some pic with it on that would be great.
Old Oct 19, 2007, 04:41 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by CPA5
If it wasn't for COBB's original programing getting stolen you wouldn't have ECUflash........or so I've heard
I've heard a lot as well, not sure how much I believe though. Maybe Rob can clarify.

One thing I'd really love to hear is a big turbo car with their exhaust. Theirs was one of the more tame ones on the subaru side.
Old Oct 19, 2007, 09:58 AM

where are those results at?
Old Oct 19, 2007, 01:39 PM

I have not seen IA Performance's final results yet, but I wanted to let you all know that I will be paying close attention to this thread (and others concerning the EVO AccessPORT). I am happy to respond to any questions or concerns that come up about the base calibrations for the EVO AP. I know other members of our engineering team are focused on getting the AccessTUNER Professional software ready for final testing in the next week or two. I will update all as soon as I have more information.

Take care,
Christian.
Old Oct 19, 2007, 01:41 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

WIth the release of the Accesstuner will there be support for any type of replacement of the stock MAF?
Old Oct 19, 2007, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Brian_H
WIth the release of the Accesstuner will there be support for any type of replacement of the stock MAF?
Anything is possible, although, much of what time we have available to focus on this will depend on how successful the EVO AccessPORTs are. We have the ability to develop some very advanced features for the stock ECU as we have done with the Subaru applications (baring no hardware limitations exist). Much, if not all, of what we focus on will depend on what feedback we get from our EVO AccessPORT users. We aren't the type to create something without feedback from our end users, so please feel free to give us your feedback, input, etc.

Hopefully, what we have put together for SEMA 2007 will partly demonstrate the caliber of new products we are looking to bring to market.

Take care,
Christian.

Quick Reply: COBB EVO AccessPORT released and DYNO results