Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

My Ripp Sds: 194whp/167tq

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2005, 05:24 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ripp Sds: 194whp/167tq

Just a heads up on the kit. For those that have been following my other thread here, I wanted to throw up a separate thread for the actual dyno results so it didn't get lost in the other thread

Before anyone points it out, yes, it is lower than a projected but thats typical greenpsycho mentality (this intake adds 10whp!)

This was done on RIPP's SDS kit topping off at 11psi. Kit found here. The components are:

-belt tensioner
-vortech blower (kinda a given)
-ripp's upgraded bov
-boost cooler
-supplimental injector (i'll explain this a bit more later)
-ripp's black box

my mods are:
-alchemy forge ported 4g93 intake manifold
-bored throttle body
-bored fuel rail
-kamikaze headers
-magnaflow HFC
-magnaflow catback
-tein basics
-15" team dynamics rims
-yoko es100's

Ross and I were talking the other day, and he came up with the idea of only offering the stgII setup for $4200. So now this is the only SDS being offered. The price difference between the stg1 and stg2 setups before was only like 500 dollars, and the stg1 was making mediocre power, nothing really to write home about, so why bother? Just save up another 500 bucks and you got yourself a powerful setup

About the supplimental injection, as you can see in the pic below, its a 650cc atomizing injector, placed just before the TB. The other components of the fuel system are an inline pump, rising rate FPR w/ gauge, supplimental injector, and some aftermarket 310cc (i think they are 310, maybe 340, i suck at numbers). The original plan was to keep stock injectors for idle/low boost and then add the extra fuel recquired with the supplimental injector.

But the stock injectors couldn't hold the extra pressure on the fuel lines, so we had to upgrade to some plug and play injectors that could. But they aren't the huge 400cc injectors that are synonomous with lumpy idle and sometimes rough cold start. So with this solution we get a more streetable and drivable car, that gets all the fuel it needs when it wants it.

Just to compare, this is a perfectly healthy car with perfectly healthy tranny. Nextgen's dyno here he made about the same numbers, but was running 15psi via RIPPs overdrive crank pulley (he had forged pistons).

But as you can see the curve is like a straight line, it just pulls up to redline (which is a bit low, if we had 500 more rpms, i might break 220 )

I got a chance to drive around a bit and this thing just hauls. Melaz rode in my car and can give his impressions, but when the power kicks in its nuts. Even from a roll, when i hammer it I get torque steer

Mid range is real nice, much much stronger than I expected, and even the low end when my gauge is sayinig I'm not pushing boost, the car feels so quick. As promised, I'll be throwing up a ton of pictures and vids, hopefully I'll do some today.

I'll also be swapping my magnaflow with a greddy evo1 exhaust, and the kamikaze with rpw extractors when they get back from jet hot. with the rpw's i'll redyno to reinforce the numbers and show how much the rpws add.

If you have any questions about the kit, feel free to ask away. Remember guys: its about reliable, safe, streetable power I know some guys are going to say "well, the RRM kit does 230whp" Honestly, I won't miss those 30 ponies or so, I don't think that makes or breaks a kit
Old Jul 31, 2005, 05:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
very nice to see some proof positive results.
Old Jul 31, 2005, 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

i dynoed at 10-11 psi when i revieced 197 whp, a week later i started to c that the blower was boosting more and got to c 15psi frequently. numbers look good, have fun

Last edited by nextgenerationx; Jul 31, 2005 at 07:55 AM.
Old Jul 31, 2005, 05:07 PM
Evolved Member

Worried about the TQ.... usually the TQ numbers are higher, but still, nice linear powerband. Good job.
Old Jul 31, 2005, 05:33 PM
Evolved Member

not only the whp but the wtq on the RRM kit....although those are good numbers....and i like the S/C wine....heh......a disclaimer.....I AM NOT HATING AT ALL Green stated something and i added too "I know some guys are going to say "well, the RRM kit does 230whp" Honestly, I won't miss those 30 ponies or so, I don't think that makes or breaks a kit.
Old Jul 31, 2005, 06:30 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Damn, congrats. Nice numbers. You added 100 whp.
Old Jul 31, 2005, 06:48 PM
Evolved Member

I was going to ask if you ever did a before dyno to see where you began with all your porting?

Oh and GreenP does Ross have any pull with someone who reflashes ECU's? I know I've been trying for years but like you said an extra 500 rpm would really help.

WADAD
Old Jul 31, 2005, 06:51 PM
Evolved Member

not bad at all, kinda low on the torque but all in all good ****.
Old Jul 31, 2005, 06:52 PM
Evolved Member

the car dynos 91 stock, with an auto or atleast mine did. so 100% hp gain from a supercharger is impressive, ive actually seen ripp do more than double with a stage 1 kit on tibs. good job physco. maybe a trq converter help get some trq back
Old Jul 31, 2005, 06:57 PM
Evolved Member

I was really wondering what kind of effect these mods
my mods are:
-alchemy forge ported 4g93 intake manifold
-bored throttle body
-bored fuel rail
-kamikaze headers
-magnaflow HFC
-magnaflow catback

Had on our lancers also.

WADAD
Old Jul 31, 2005, 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

nice numbers! i'm happy for you .
Old Jul 31, 2005, 07:25 PM
Evolved Member

Yea guys, Ive been driving in it for the last couple days... Besides the CONSTANT "whistle" noise coming from the blower, the car runs like its stock BUT with a v8 motor under the hood The torque steer is rediculous in 1st gear! If Jay didnt always drive like he was 90 years old maybe I could have a better review. Anyone looking to improve their power safely and still run like its stock, I would def. reccomend this kit. Im still gonna smoke him with my RRM turbo though WITH WINTER TIRES!!!! haha
-tyler
Old Jul 31, 2005, 07:34 PM
Evolving Member

Looks like fun but ur making all ur power at redline ... how can u get more power down at the lower rpm's ?
Old Jul 31, 2005, 07:46 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nextgenerationx
i dynoed at 10-11 psi when i revieced 197 whp, a week later i started to c that the blower was boosting more and got to c 15psi frequently. numbers look good, have fun
no bro, I'm pretty sure you dyno'd at 15psi. the crank pulley was set for 15 pounds, and ross confirmed on that dyno that day, you were pushing 15pounds. maybe they didn't notice or whatever, but this is coming straight from ross himself

airquez: yeah, torque is a bit lower than i had hoped for, but when your auto, and running a belt driven blower, and you got crappy short tube kamikazi headers, i can't ask for much more. i'm hoping to see a little bit more when i slap on the rpw headers

lancerguy & blacksheep: thanks guys, the increase in power is pretty insane. don't worry, i know your not hating

wadad: i'm starting to think i wasted alot of money on supporting mods. i think the IM really REALLY helped alot, especially mid range, i'm just kinda doubting what the tb and other stuff do (fuel rail, hfc, etc). I would have thought all my supporting mods would have pushed me farther, but combined, they kinda did diddly poop. Ahh well, live and learn, i know a ported head is really gonna help, maybe that will bring everything else to life

melaz: thanks, but i'll still own you

boni: yeah, and you can really tell that when your driving, its a kick in the pants. the reason for this is the configuration of the pulleys (I'm going to try and explain this the best I can, so stay with me): right now we are using the stock crank pulley and ripp's small pulley on the sds shaft, which is making 11 pounds. Now, we could slap on ripp's overdrive crank pulley and keep a larger pulley on the shaft, which would kick up the bottom end, but would kinda fade off near the top. I think I would prefer that set up, but I had the shaft pulley on the sds already, so this is what I got

But you are right, I am making huge power at the top, and if I had 500 more rpms, it would be even better, but alas, we must all bow down before the mighty rev limiter I think maybe the rpw long tube extractor design might help the low end a bit, of course I'll be redyno'ing to find out

one last note: melaz and I swapped exhausts today so I'm sporting his greddy evo1 exhaust, and I have to say this thing is so much quieter than my magnaflow. It really made a difference, and I want to thank tyler for the hookup
Old Jul 31, 2005, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

nope dynoed at 10-11, u can see my dyno post. i had the overdrive crnak pully since the beigning,... this is waht actually happened. dynoed at 10-11psi, got my 197whp and 177 trq it hink it was... rann it for like 2 weeks and all the sudden one night i hit 15psi first gear, 2nd gear i hit 13 and it felt like the car flew. but i think that happened because of the real cold weather at the time. than after that my cold start became off. than thats when i started posting for some help with my cold start issues. u can search for em posts about foul plugs and etc. but i only see 15psi and 13psi at night and during the day i run 10psi like my dyno run. i actually called or emailed ross that night i saw those boost numbers

Last edited by nextgenerationx; Jul 31, 2005 at 08:14 PM.

Quick Reply: My Ripp Sds: 194whp/167tq