Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.
View Poll Results: Like it?
It's okay...
48.00%
Like it...
40.00%
Awesome!
10.00%
I absolutely can't live without it!!
2.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Custom Fiberglass enclosure in trunk PIX!!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2004, 10:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Custom Fiberglass enclosure in trunk PIX!!

Just finished makin fiberglass enclosures for each corner in my trunk. I still gotta carpet them but heres what i got so far...
Attached Thumbnails Custom Fiberglass enclosure in trunk PIX!!-corner-left.jpg   Custom Fiberglass enclosure in trunk PIX!!-corner-right.jpg   Custom Fiberglass enclosure in trunk PIX!!-left-zoom.jpg   Custom Fiberglass enclosure in trunk PIX!!-right-zoom.jpg   Custom Fiberglass enclosure in trunk PIX!!-sub-2-corners.jpg  

Old Nov 19, 2004, 05:59 AM
Evolved Member

Def. post pics when you get it completed. Are you planning on cleaning up those wires?
Old Nov 19, 2004, 09:45 AM
Evolving Member

on the enclosures, but on the taped and loomed wire.

How are you going to mount your amps?
Old Nov 19, 2004, 02:50 PM
Evolved Member

hey that box looks just like mine!
Old Nov 19, 2004, 05:47 PM
Evolved Member

why you running different types of subs on one system ?
Old Nov 20, 2004, 07:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Probably with different amps too. can you say Cancellation?
Old Nov 20, 2004, 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

do you have interior speakers? alot of pple just get subs and i think it sounds terrible.. well around here atleast.. they think if u get subs that r loud than u have an amazing system. clarity and balance is what makes a system but everything looks great. post pics when there done. and get rid of those wires
Old Nov 20, 2004, 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

Talking

Originally Posted by Sentinal
why you running different types of subs on one system ?
I have my rockford amp running the w3 and the other pushing the two kickers hehe...
Old Nov 20, 2004, 12:33 PM
Evolved Member

Question

Originally Posted by nextgenerationx
do you have interior speakers? alot of pple just get subs and i think it sounds terrible.. well around here atleast.. they think if u get subs that r loud than u have an amazing system. clarity and balance is what makes a system but everything looks great. post pics when there done. and get rid of those wires
yeah i was trying to think of a way to hide the wires but i didn't wanna cut holes in my carpet...anyone got any ideas??? i just used loom to cover them up.Trust me it looks a lot worse without it...the loom that is

Last edited by sykou; Nov 20, 2004 at 12:35 PM.
Old Nov 20, 2004, 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SK Lancer
on the enclosures, but on the taped and loomed wire.

How are you going to mount your amps?
i was planning on doing something like a platform over the amps(when i get another rockford one that is...) and putting in a plexi cutout of the mits logo over them. With some red neons also...hehe...good idea? or not???
Old Nov 20, 2004, 12:43 PM
Evolved Member

That looks really good, and I'm sure it's gonna look even better when you're done with it =) One thing. You should use the same subs all around. Otherwise, the bass won't be even and you could be missing out on the full potential on your setup.
Old Nov 20, 2004, 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

pley glass over the amps will look nice but i dk about red neon lights.. maybe just blue will be nice... u should drill a lil hole behind the w3 sub and have the wires goin thru there and draw 2 smole holes so u ca pop out the wires to the 2 kicker subs..have the wires running under the carpeting ya kno.
Old Nov 20, 2004, 06:10 PM
Evolved Member

Talking

Originally Posted by dizzigital
That looks really good, and I'm sure it's gonna look even better when you're done with it =) One thing. You should use the same subs all around. Otherwise, the bass won't be even and you could be missing out on the full potential on your setup.
yeah i no what you mean. i was originally gonna put two w6v2's and swap the 12 w3v2 with a 12 w6v3 but they're too expensive...the kickers are kinda like fillers for now or at least untill i win a million dollars.lol
Old Nov 20, 2004, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nextgenerationx
pley glass over the amps will look nice but i dk about red neon lights.. maybe just blue will be nice... u should drill a lil hole behind the w3 sub and have the wires goin thru there and draw 2 smole holes so u ca pop out the wires to the 2 kicker subs..have the wires running under the carpeting ya kno.
well i dont have the subs wired together so i don't really understand what you mean. my setup is the amp on the left pushes the w3 and the amp on the right pushes the two kickers...
Old Nov 21, 2004, 09:40 AM
Evolved Member

sorry i mean. drill a hole by the amp and have all the wires go thru it, drill a small hole behind the kickers so u can connect em and a small hole behind the w3 so all ur wires will be under the carpet.. i thin u said u relaly don't want to drill holes but i think its da best way to go.. it will look amazing when its done with no wires hanging aorund ya kno. u should put a board over the amps with plexy glass window showing the amp with blue neon lights.. that will loook insane

Quick Reply: Custom Fiberglass enclosure in trunk PIX!!