Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Rattling sounds

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2002, 09:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rattling sounds

Hello to all who have installed subs in their cars. (oz)

I am getting a rattle from inside the car as far as I can tell. I know some of you complained about the trunk rattling but I think it is unavoidable. I had a neon that was the same way and dynamat did not help. Getting off track.

My question is does anyone else have this inside rattle and have you figured out what it is. I thought it was too much bass coming through the factory speakers but when I turn down the sub level the rattle goes away.

Any ideas?

WADAD
Old Apr 9, 2002, 10:48 PM
Evolved Member

Take anything you have out of your ash tray. Dynamat the rear deck Also try removing the trunk panels.
Old Apr 9, 2002, 11:24 PM

My rear deck had an excursion of about the same as my woofer did

So I found a place where I could basically bolt the carpeted part of the rear deck to the braces underneath it. ... drilled a small hole on the top, found a cool metal Rockford Fosgate emblem that was sturdy enough, put the bolt through and tightened a nut to it from in side the trunk...so the deck is firmy bolted to something that doesnt move.

Now, the only thing the rattles is my radar detector. (and its really friggin annoying)

It takes time to iron out problems like that. Be patient and go through the whole thing.

Dynamat is REALLY expensive and adds weight. so see if you can figure out the problem before going all out.

However, I did dynamat my license plate so I dont sound like a tin can rolling down the street.

See my Registry entry to see what my system consistes of.

Good luck.
Old Apr 11, 2002, 09:03 PM
Evolved Member

Thumbs up Got it

I figured out it was the seat backs rattling. The pressure the subs create in the trunk rattle the seats also. If I let it down the sound goes away because the pressure is released. (duh)

But anyhow just wanted to say I solved the mystery.

WADAD
Old Apr 11, 2002, 09:55 PM
Evolving Member

Angry rattle

yes! my car rattles horribly-and off the stock system! It comes from the passenger front door, and sounds like sh-t. Oh well- I guess thats why they make warrenties huh?
Old Apr 11, 2002, 10:57 PM
Evolved Member

Trust me on this one If you dynamat the Lancer's rear deck it will never rattle unless your box is mounted to the unibody directly under it or your subs are aimed directly at it. Doing this will only add I'd say 5 lbs.
Old Apr 13, 2002, 07:16 AM
Evolved Member

Subs

I have two 12's in separate pre fab boxes.

For the guy who has rattles in the front it sounds like you blew a speaker. If not turn your bass down. I had to put my factory radio bass setting to -2 or lower. The speakers can't handle the bass. From this setting I could turn the radio all the way up and it wouldn't distort the speakers.

WADAD
Old Apr 18, 2002, 01:28 PM

confused

uhh...sorry if this sounds stupid, but...what's a dynamat?
Old Apr 18, 2002, 01:30 PM

Re: rattle

Originally posted by evofan@scorp's
yes! my car rattles horribly-and off the stock system! It comes from the passenger front door, and sounds like sh-t.
i have that same prob with mine...i have a stock system and whenever i have the music up (about 30 on the volume) i hear something rattling on the passenger side...does anyone know what that is?
Old Apr 18, 2002, 05:17 PM
Evolved Member

Dynamat

Dynamat is a type of rubber-like material that dampens away the rattle of trunks, doors etc once it is applied to that surface.

I found out it is actually that grey matting atop the rear deck that is rattling. It is the area right near the rear glass. WHoever said it was right. I need some dynamat for that area there to remove the rattle.

WADAD
Old Apr 22, 2002, 02:44 AM
Evolving Member

My passenger door rattles around 30 on the volume with the stock sounds also.
Old Apr 22, 2002, 02:55 AM

yeah i got 3 10" type S subs in my trunk and had mad rattles...i put dynomat on my license plate and decreased the sound...however i do have some rattles and i think your right about the rear deck...i guess ill dynomat that ish too...
Old Jun 7, 2002, 10:30 PM

Rattling... 99 Ford Taurus

Hey all, I got a 99' Ford Taurus, with two 12" DirectedAudio subs in the trunk... I tore the trunk apart already, searching for the rattling. It seems to be coming form the hood of my trunk, how can I fix this? ( What is the Rear Deck? ) Could I put DynoMat on it, will that help?

What is DynoMat's homepage, where can I get it, online or at a store, and how much does it cost? Thanks.
Old Jun 8, 2002, 01:50 AM
Evolved Member

Here's my setting for the stock stereo, so far no rattling anywhere if I have the storage compartments emptied.

rear fade 1
bass +3
treble +2

I usually don't go over 40 unless it's an mp3 song that is too low, but these settings have been my best mix for amplitude and sound quality.
Old Feb 20, 2004, 03:57 AM

HELP!

My dad lives in Orlando and is coming over here to the UK tomorrow! ...

Dynomat is 3x more expensive in the UK

PLEASE can someone give an address of a place he can get some for me to bring over! - QUICK!!!