Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Replacing the MMCS with aftermarket Head Unit

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2012, 11:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Replacing the MMCS with aftermarket Head Unit

As you can probably see, I'm new here but I am not new to forums. I've used the search function for about two days and haven't found what I was looking for. I was thinking of replacing the stock MMCS on my '08 ES. I am guessing that I would lose alot of the equipment adjustment options ((press set, then select equipment) wipers, interior/exterior lights, power locks, ect.) But I was just looking to get a cleaner and higher quality sound with HD radio. Is there any way I could still access this feature or would it just be gone? And I'm guessing people without the nav don't have this option. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks,
Matt
Old May 6, 2012, 09:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would also like to know the answer to this. My Evo has the full japanese MMCS and i want to replace the screen (head unit) with an aftermarket one. I want the air conditioning to still work obviously, and i dont care about the jap gps and features, can the new head unit still function without stopping the air con? and can it even be installed.
If not, can a new head unit be installed below/somewhere else in the car along with the MMCS?