Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.
View Poll Results: PS2 In car?
Too Overdone
30.30%
Maybe go for it
18.94%
Definately a cool mod
50.76%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Playstation 2 in car

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2002, 11:11 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i dunnoe but i dun stay in the car long enough to wan to play electronic games(i'm fr SG,takes abt 40mins to get fr one end to the other,avg car trip is 15 mins)...i would rather put the PS2 at home n play it in my sofa with a relatively LARGER screen...
Old Dec 11, 2002, 09:46 PM
Evolved Member

i like the idea of dvd player or game system in car....but not my car! i would have no use since i am the one that always drives my car. i would never get to use it! but it's neat if you are the passenger. my girlfriend's family has a conversion van with a tv/vcr in it and we watched movies on the way to and from long island to go to a wedding. definitely makes the trip bareable. for me a good stereo is all i need, at least i can enjoy the music while i drive
Old Dec 22, 2002, 09:26 PM
Evolved Member

i would def. go with a PS1 (smaller, cheaper if damaged) and get a 7" in dash DVD-CD player. Then when ps2's are released in compact size, put that in
Old Feb 17, 2003, 01:10 PM
Evolving Member

I would way rather have an xbox because the picture quality is better, but their just isnt the amount of games ps2 has. I have both but love the xbox quality so much more. Vice city would be bad *** while waiting to pick someone up.
Old Feb 17, 2003, 01:46 PM
Evolved Member

When I get my in-dash screen, I'm definitely putting in my PS2. That, and I do believe my gf will start driving more often and I'll ride shotgun.
Old Feb 17, 2003, 01:58 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like the idea of a Computer in the car, it surpasses the functionality of a PS2 or a PS1 or even an X-Box alone. You can use it as a radio, DVD player, a GPS, you can even chat on AIM if you have a wireless internet connection (which u can even use ur cell phone to get). I might be doing that, kinda like booyah's idea of the JoS PC. Good luck guys
Old Feb 17, 2003, 02:07 PM
Evolving Member

too much money for all that functionality
Old Feb 19, 2003, 10:57 PM

get any screen just not a cheap one and don't try to put it in yourself unlees you no what you doing
Old Feb 19, 2003, 11:30 PM

Hey, putting a PC in your car would actually be about the same if not cheaper assuming you can do most of it yourself... I have looked into this quite abit for my mitsu and as I am a Car Audio salesman. here is a cool link i found
http://www.via.com.tw/en/VInternet/carpc.jsp
take a look at Peter Bridgers web site I am going to use his voice recognition software that I have modified for loading playlists in winamp and changing tracks. Pretty cool I say Rap and it starts Bumpin'...
I've decided to go with a laptop since I need one anyway gonna move my head unit to lower din and make custom mount for laptop, 15 inch screen, 60GB HD, DVD, Gaming, Mp3s all in one for under 1500... then eventually get some headrest screens for backseat and wireless controllers for passengers to play NHL2003
I drive my friends around alot

Last edited by Mod1Fy; Feb 19, 2003 at 11:32 PM.
Old Feb 19, 2003, 11:30 PM
Evolving Member

OK guys so what WOULD be a good 7" screen because I'm looking Give models #'s plz
Old Feb 20, 2003, 12:31 AM
Evolved Member

sony panasonic and pioneer make nice ones, very pricey tho.

as for the xbox in the car....i think it's too heavy and bulky. I have gamecube sitting in my room collecting dust, so when i get some tvs in my car i'll hook up the gamecube and get some hot multiplyer games w/ 4 wireless wavebird controllers. yea, basically it's only a matter of money. The computer in the car sounds like a strange idea. granted it can do so much more, is ur car really the place you want to have a computer? hooking up something like a sony vaio slim laptop in the glove box would be crazy hot tho.
Old Feb 20, 2003, 12:36 AM

Tru that but with the custom laptop mount ill be able to take it out of the car unlike a PC and use a I-Link cable to the AUX on my alpine deck
Old Apr 22, 2003, 10:35 PM
Evolving Member

i have a Ps2 in my lancer... i use a clarion screen mounted on the dash.. works.. fine.. i put the ps2 right under my seat.. its very easy access to get to it.... cost me like 80 dollars for the hole install.... remember you are gonna need to buy an power interverter..(i think thats what its called) this is you can plug it in... they range from 50 to 100 bux....
Old Apr 23, 2003, 12:58 PM
Evolving Member

well, ive thought about this alot, and even came close to doing it, and then had to pay unexpected bills. This is what im planning...im gonna get just some ebay screens. believe me the quality isnt bad, in fact if you buy starvision, the resolution is the same as kenwood, pioneer, etc. im not going in dash, just stand alone. Buy 3 screens, two for the headrests and one for the front. the front screen will be under the a/c controls...in our little dummy space...the swivel mount can mount there and the screen can be moved side to side as needed for best angle view. The ps2 will be in the glove box, but i'll have an extra set of wiring at the house so i can pull the ps2 out any time to play at home, and take it in the car anytime to play or watch movies. im super broke right now, but i am going to do this mod...probably after the summer. when i do, i'll post pics and show it off
Old Apr 23, 2003, 01:20 PM

hi, for you guys have dvd players, tv screens in the car, do you have your security system upgraded? a friend of mine got a acura integra very cheap, and he spent around 3k on those tv screen, playstation, cd player installed in his car...just a week after, one day morning he found his stuffs were all gone with window broken. poor guy.

Quick Reply: Playstation 2 in car