Notices

E C U Fuse Location

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2014, 02:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E C U Fuse Location

I have a 2006 LS 2.4 auto....purchased new. I have always had a poor fuel consumption but don't seem to be getting any help from Mitsubishi dealer.Slowly it's been getting worse and now guzzles fuel at the rate of 12.5 ltrs/100 klms city cycle. I have had friends drive my vehicle and they get the same result so I've eliminated my driving style. I have read somewhere if you remove the ECU fuse for a short period it will reset the computer. Is this true and if so where do I locate that particular fuse. I am really becoming frustrated while other lancer owners are enjoying a much better result than me. Thanks for any replies.
Old Feb 22, 2014, 03:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by baynto
I have a 2006 LS 2.4 auto....purchased new. I have always had a poor fuel consumption but don't seem to be getting any help from Mitsubishi dealer.Slowly it's been getting worse and now guzzles fuel at the rate of 12.5 ltrs/100 klms city cycle. I have had friends drive my vehicle and they get the same result so I've eliminated my driving style. I have read somewhere if you remove the ECU fuse for a short period it will reset the computer. Is this true and if so where do I locate that particular fuse. I am really becoming frustrated while other lancer owners are enjoying a much better result than me. Thanks for any replies.
Disconnecting your battery for a few minutes will end up with the same result as if you took the ecu fuse off. Try that but i doubt it will get better...if you have a heavy foot it will do the same thing at some point because the ecu adapts to your driving style.