2016 Lancer GTS tuning - Page 3 - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

Notices

2016 Lancer GTS tuning

Old Feb 4, 2018, 04:28 PM

2016 GTS stock file
Attached Files
File Type: bin
read_image.bin (1.25 MB, 0 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to BigWingThings For This Useful Post:
greder (Feb 5, 2018)
Old Feb 5, 2018, 02:37 AM
Evolving Member

early preview of definition....

Note to all:
2015+ Lancer ecu has SH72531 processor and ROM size is 1280kB
Attached Files
File Type: xml
12380008.xml (31.3 KB, 0 views)
Old Feb 5, 2018, 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by BigWingThings View Post
2016 GTS stock file
please tell me the VIN number of your car, I'm very interested in the engine and control units.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 09:49 AM

Gt 2015 ecu definition file

Guyz does anyone of you have a definition file for the lancer 2015 4b11 2.0 with cvt transmission.<br />I am in desperate need for the definition.<br /><br />attached you can find my ROM.<br />one file backed up using ECUFLASH and one file backed up using K-Suite
Attached Files
File Type: zip
K-Suite.zip (314.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: zip
ECUFLASH.zip (427.6 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by marioch; Oct 9, 2018 at 12:48 PM.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 01:35 PM
Evolving Member

marioch, you realize this is the dreaded 2015+ 1280kB ROM that ecuflash cannot reflash? K-Suite has incorrectly downloaded the ROM as a 1024kB sized one so it has failed to recognize the processor correctly. You will brick your ecu trying to reflash.
Why the desperation? Are you wanting to tune it?
Old Oct 9, 2018, 09:32 PM

What can i do to tune it?
The desperation because a tuner in my country told me he can tune it so i did install a turbo kit and once everything is in place he was unable to tune my car (unable. To access the tables).
So now i cannot drive my car and no one in my country was able to access the ecu to tune it. :s
If i can't find anything all the money and effort put on the car will be gone.
Can you help me plz ?
Old Oct 9, 2018, 10:24 PM
Evolving Member

marioch, and now you mention the turbo kit.....
Your "tuner" is not a real tuner, just another fake tuner wanting to take money off people and wreck their cars. How could he not know how to find the maps himself and figure out how to flash these cars?
These cars can be flashed by using another expensive piece of software that is locked to a USB drive - it gives me the ****s what has happened with the glorified "checksum correction" software so I don't promote it at all. Search if you want it....
Because you have put a turbo on your car, it cannot be tuned remotely, it will have to be put on a dyno and tuned by a real tuner. A real tuner will have no problems creating a definition for your ROM - the later ecus run the same map structure as all before them. There is nothing special about the ecus with later processors, they run the same code.
The Following User Says Thank You to jajk For This Useful Post:
marioch (Oct 9, 2018)
Old Oct 9, 2018, 10:47 PM

jajk, Thank you dear so much,
this guy tunes most of the cars in my country but all of them are EVOs and STIs plus he is an ECUTEK certified tuner.
he never tuned a lancer gt n/a before and even ECUTEK replied us that they do not support my ROM.
i already have a definition file for the lancer GT model 2010 with cvt transmission but when i opened my ROM using that XML the values were not correct at all.
if you are telling me that they should be the same as the previous ones please i would much appreciate your help in telling me what should i do in order to get access to my ROM and be able to see all the available tables, if this was possible i can take it to the tuner to put it on the dyno and then he can access the needed tables and tune it.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 11:28 PM
Evolving Member

Ecutek tuner is just a franchise operator - doesn't mean he knows anything if it is not handed to him on a plate......
Did he tell you that the CVT cannot handle the extra power from a turbo? Did he tell you that the CVT controller limits torque and rpms so tuning is very limited?
Each ROM has different addresses for the same maps so a definition for one ROM will not have the correct addresses for another ROM. If you have a ROM and def for a similar car, then it is relatively easy to cross-reference between the 2 ROMs and find the new addresses. That is why I say a real tuner could do this standing on his head. Maybe someone else can help with the def but I am not going to waste time on this because you have embarked on a project you are not prepared for.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 11:34 PM

Thank you for your prompt repky dear.
Yes i already know about the cvt that is why i only opened the boost 0.5 bar and not more.
And take it easy man we all started from one place. I was aking for help to know what should i do. If you don't want to help because you think you are wasting your time it's ok i will do the needed research and try to find the addresses of the rom, at least you helped me with what to look for.
Anyway thank you and sorry for bothering, have a good day mate.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 12:22 AM
Evolving Member

marioch, something didn't look right in your ROM so I double-checked it and it is was downloaded as a 1280kB ROM in Ecuflash but it is indeed a 1024kB ROM as in the K-Suite downloaded version. That version is correctly downloaded and can be used as your stock ROM.
Your ecu is the older style - not a 2015+ style and can be safely flashed. The ROM version is 5990004 which makes it somewhere around a 2013 or 2014 ROM.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 12:41 AM

Jajk, Thank you dear for the info, the rom id was at address 5002e correct?
I am downloading winols to see if i can make any progress.

Please in case someone has the 2013-2014 xml it would be much appreciated.

Regards
Old Oct 11, 2018, 03:59 AM
Evolving Member

marioch, this will show you some of the main tuning maps, axis not guaranteed.
Attached Files
The Following User Says Thank You to jajk For This Useful Post:
marioch (Oct 11, 2018)
Old Oct 11, 2018, 04:13 AM

thank you dear will test it and give you the findings
Old Oct 11, 2018, 04:25 AM

dear jajk, thank you i just checked my rom with the xml you sent me, from the "Timing Trims" table and below the data is incorrect.

Fuel, Spark Maps, Mivec, Throttle control tables are showing correct values.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2016 Lancer GTS tuning

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.