Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

question: headers and piping

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2003, 06:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ahh **** ~_~... i pulled that **** out thinkin it was just a cover.... my car is fine.... but dont that reset the ecu... i spent the last 30 min taking my car around the block and **** to see if it made a difference..... should be fine... it think... im gonna make a run wit my bro later to make sure......F-

anyways.. i dunno that ecu looked stock enuf.... front ecu made by Denso - MR5155 00
Old Apr 21, 2003, 06:14 PM
Evolved Member

Yep. Time for a dyno run. Till then, it's all just speculative. Even the uber chips on eBay only advertise 20 whp gains.

As for the sri, it will work just fine. It's not like you're putting on a turbo as your first mod with stock piping. Granted, your car will breath a whole helluva lot better, but nothing to warrant new exhaust piping. Worst case scenario is you don't quite feel the gains in mid - high range.
Old Apr 21, 2003, 06:15 PM
Evolved Member

Thats a stock ECU I believe. Correct me if i am wrong anyone......
Old Apr 21, 2003, 06:20 PM
Evolved Member

It's gotta be stock. Where's the logic in not going public with a 50 hp ECU chip? Either it's not true, or it's not true, or it's not true. Well, that or it's not true.

Seriously though, no reputable company has cracked the ECU yet, which is why we're all investing in S-AFCs and other piggyback systems. Plus it's really hard to imagine a 50 whp gain on a stock ride that's NA. I mean, maybe on a turbo ride like mobius you can gain more, but being the 103 whp beasts that we are, a 50 hp gain is like I said earlier - not true.
Old Apr 21, 2003, 06:25 PM

well i'll make a run wit my bro's mazda 6 in a little bit when he gets home and ill tell u wut happens... im still worried about pullin that **** out....
but u tellin me its the non v6 mazda 6 that has to keep up with a stock lancer OZ? thas crazy.... damn if i could only connect my camcorrder to my comp... i would tape it and show it to u.... i swear to GOD...

Last edited by dfunk1210; Apr 21, 2003 at 06:27 PM.
Old Apr 21, 2003, 06:28 PM
Evolved Member

Well if your ECU says denso not sure about the lancer but in the 2g's mitsu uses denso injectors so I would assume they would use the denso ECU. So pretty much you are stock. On another note is the car ( Mazda) a slush box or manual..that does make a difference not to mention driver capabilties. If he doesnt know how to launch good and you do you have the upper hand. Also : Dont worry about the ECU it is fine.....if it went bad believe me you would know it!!
Old Apr 21, 2003, 06:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by dfunk1210
well i'll make a run wit my bro's mazda 6 in a little bit when he gets home and ill tell u wut happens... im still worried about pullin that **** out....
but u tellin me its the non v6 mazda 6 that has to keep up with a stock lancer OZ? thas crazy.... damn if i could only connect my camcorrder to my comp... i would tape it and show it to u.... i swear to GOD...
to let you know...just because a car has more hp doesnt automaticaly make it fast. You need to take in many factors...hp to weight ratio, torque and so on. Look at the EVO8 in comparison to a 99 below mustang cobra. The mustang is putting out more torque and horsepower but yet it is slower than the lower displacement Evo. Just an FYI.
Old Apr 21, 2003, 06:33 PM

both are auto... well if my bro dont kno how to step on the gas... we'll make 2 runs ^^.. i'll drive his car... im gonna go do it now.... he just got back.... we already made this run hella times... same result every time... my roughly the same margine... unless that 4cyl. mazda 6 engine is a piece of ****.... thas a different story...
Old Apr 21, 2003, 06:36 PM

but its a supposedly stock lancer we're talkin about ^^;;
Old Apr 21, 2003, 06:40 PM
Evolving Member

take pics of the engine and let these guys look
Old Apr 21, 2003, 06:52 PM

ight...just for everyones info..you can get a chip to add 50hp..and for 3g...it can be done...and generally..more hp means faster driving...but right now for the lancer...there isn't a chip to add that much hp...but...there could be a chip non the less adding hp...i mean...even 25hp would be great for the lancer...cause i can almost stay with eclipses...not gsx just rs...20more hp then mine...and its a DOHC..don't know what mitsubishi did but a little hp goes a really long way in the lancer...ca't wait till i get my greddy exhaust and injen intake
Old Apr 21, 2003, 07:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Ghost187
ight...just for everyones info..you can get a chip to add 50hp..and for 3g...it can be done...and generally..more hp means faster driving...but right now for the lancer...there isn't a chip to add that much hp...but...there could be a chip non the less adding hp...i mean...even 25hp would be great for the lancer...cause i can almost stay with eclipses...not gsx just rs...20more hp then mine...and its a DOHC..don't know what mitsubishi did but a little hp goes a really long way in the lancer...ca't wait till i get my greddy exhaust and injen intake
Dont forget the GS-T now I know you arent hanging with them same just lacking AWD . He has already looked at his ECU and it is stamped with denso.....this is a stock ECU....
Old Apr 21, 2003, 07:05 PM

yea ^^... well i dunno myself .... im still tryin to find out wussup wit my car..... i did make the run just now wit the 6 .... same result... looks like my ECU is fine.. after i just pulled that **** out ~_~... yea... ill come wit some pics of the engine tomorrow... got some **** i gotta take care of rite now... thanks for ur help guys ^^

oh yea... that denso was stamped on that green plastic that i thought was a cover when i pulled that **** out.... after i realized i pulled the whole thing out i stuck it back in... dint f- wit it no more ^^;;

Last edited by dfunk1210; Apr 21, 2003 at 07:11 PM.